Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]April 5th[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

Hah!

------------------------
NORPAC/WC
------------------------

I noticed Jeffs KB strikes have been getting less and less fighter escort. Last two strikes was down to only 25 Zeroes escorting. Time to ambush...I sure hope there wasn´t any of those irreplaceable prewar crack KB pilots among the losses...that would be just...horrible! [;)]

From a VP perspective today almost made up for all the lost strategic points so far (82 VPs short of making it break even).



Image
Attachments
Canada5.jpg
Canada5.jpg (634.66 KiB) Viewed 225 times
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]April 5th (cont.)[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------

Not much happening here right now besides digging in. I´ve not expanded any AFs or ports down here yet. Don´t want to draw any attention yet. Forts quickly approaching 4 at Suva, Noumea and Pago Pago.

I´ve pulled back about half the USN to Melbourne/Auckland to upgrade. I now have enough fuel in place at my "return leg" refueling points that the AOs can be released. Hiva Oa is the main hub with 150k fuel. Tahiti is the backup with 35k fuel. The plan is to make Vavau the main hub for the entire SOPAC area in a couple of months. It can be expanded to a level 6 port which is really good for this part of the world.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Another attack on the Ankang road. This didn´t do very well. Reinforcments are just 2 days out though. But I´m running out of them...
Ground combat at 83,45 (near Nanyang)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 39861 troops, 439 guns, 241 vehicles, Assault Value = 1303

Defending force 36984 troops, 170 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 738

Japanese adjusted assault: 578

Allied adjusted defense: 1195

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
1653 casualties reported
Squads: 7 destroyed, 189 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 18 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 18 disabled


Allied ground losses:
1977 casualties reported
Squads: 8 destroyed, 176 disabled
Non Combat: 9 destroyed, 14 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled


Assaulting units:
34th Division
70th Division
6th Division
13th Tank Regiment
12th Tank Regiment
15th Tank Regiment
14th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
15th Ind.Medium Field Artillery Regiment
52nd Ind.Mtn.Gun Battalion
1st Army
1st Mortar Battalion
2nd Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
6th Medium Field Artillery Regiment


Defending units:
90th Chinese Corps
57th Chinese Corps
7th Chinese Corps
66th Chinese Corps
22nd Group Army



First attack up in the North goes better then expected. Thank you level 4 forts. [:)]
Ground combat at 84,34 (near Ningsia)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 29441 troops, 231 guns, 61 vehicles, Assault Value = 935

Defending force 13785 troops, 93 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 377

Japanese adjusted assault: 533

Allied adjusted defense: 375

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
1109 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 57 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 12 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled


Allied ground losses:
881 casualties reported
Squads: 5 destroyed, 93 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Guns lost 13 (3 destroyed, 10 disabled)
Units destroyed 1
<-- a two AV Chinese Corps that now will respawn. [:)]

Assaulting units:
1st Ind.Mixed Brigade
1st Cavalry Brigade
6th Mongol Cavalry Division
2nd Ind.Mixed Brigade
11th Indpt Infantry Regiment
13th Indpt Infantry Regiment
12th Indpt Infantry Regiment
26th Engineer Regiment
21st AA Regiment
Mongol Garrison Army
11th Field Artillery Regiment


Defending units:
38th Chinese Corps
12th Chinese Corps
81st Chinese Corps
8th War Area
17th Group Army[
/size]


Image
Attachments
china21.jpg
china21.jpg (686.68 KiB) Viewed 225 times
Image
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Ooof! That's some stiff Kate losses. And it looks like your precious P-38s are intact.

I seem to remember the P-39 stats were upped in Symon's data changes, along with the P-38. The P-39 is a good little knife fighter at low altitudes now.
The Moose
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Ooof! That's some stiff Kate losses. And it looks like your precious P-38s are intact.

I seem to remember the P-39 stats were upped in Symon's data changes, along with the P-38. The P-39 is a good little knife fighter at low altitudes now.

Indeed! The P39s had almost half the kills! [X(] Interestingly enough the P38s didn´t have a single one. Go figure. [:D]
Image
User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Lokasenna »

Even in stock the P-39 is very solid. Cannons!

It looks like he actualy lost 64 all told, not 67+.
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by BBfanboy »

58 Kates down! Darn - now you've probably scared him away! [:D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]April 6th - 7th (cont.)[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

Tired so only a short update.

------------------------
NORPAC
------------------------

First LBA based bombing attempt.
Morning Air attack on Spokane , at 215,48

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 113 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 45 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 30
G3M2 Nell x 25
G4M1 Betty x 6


Japanese aircraft losses
G3M2 Nell: 4 damaged

No damage despite the lack of AA. Some AV support is on its way. Might be able to launch another trap here. No attacks on the 7th.

------------------------
India
------------------------

I think I might actually have shaken Jeff a bit with the counter attack towards Chittagong.
17/38th Division is loaded on xAK Toba Maru moving to Chittagong.
2/4th Ind.Mixed Regiment is loaded on xAK Kyosei Maru moving to Chittagong.


10/38th Division is planning for an attack on Darwin.

Looks like he diverted the Darwin invasion to Chittagong instead. Its good to have him react to what I do. Lost track of all the troops he has sent to Chittagong now. I´ll have to go through IM and check. I might have to pull back to Calcutta and turtle up.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Several attacks are launched all of the sudden. All goes so-so. Ankang roadblock is my major concern right now (as always). Reserves at Chunking has been released and started moving towards Ankang.

Too tired for a map.
Image
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by ny59giants »

I would send 2 Marine CD units from USA to India. They are great at limiting damage to your troops as you advance down the coastal roads in Burma. Per Symon, they are the best artillery you get as Allies for long time in ground attacks.
[center]Image[/center]
tiemanjw
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:15 am

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by tiemanjw »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Even in stock the P-39 is very solid. Cannons!

It looks like he actualy lost 64 all told, not 67+.

agreed... I've had success even into mid war using the P39 in defensive rolls (at lower altitudes). Not a bad aircraft.

Good work sticking it to his Kates. Never bad to swat them down.

Any idea what he was targeting at Spokane?
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I would send 2 Marine CD units from USA to India. They are great at limiting damage to your troops as you advance down the coastal roads in Burma. Per Symon, they are the best artillery you get as Allies for long time in ground attacks.

My Defense Battalions lack just one thing in their TOE. CD guns... [:)]
ORIGINAL: tiemanj
Any idea what he was targeting at Spokane?

100 LI 20 HI [:)]
Image
User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I would send 2 Marine CD units from USA to India. They are great at limiting damage to your troops as you advance down the coastal roads in Burma. Per Symon, they are the best artillery you get as Allies for long time in ground attacks.

My Defense Battalions lack just one thing in their TOE. CD guns... [:)]
ORIGINAL: tiemanj
Any idea what he was targeting at Spokane?

100 LI 20 HI [:)]

But they have great organic tubes.
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
But they have great organic tubes.

What the heck is an organic tube?! [X(]
Image
User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
But they have great organic tubes.

What the heck is an organic tube?! [X(]

Organic: within the unit
Tube: colloquial for artillery device

I know you know both of those things individually, I just wanted to say them together.
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
But they have great organic tubes.

What the heck is an organic tube?! [X(]

Organic: within the unit
Tube: colloquial for artillery device

I know you know both of those things individually, I just wanted to say them together.
[:D] Here you had me imagining "Organic Hot-dog Wieners" (AKA tube-steaks) - an oxymoron if ever there was one! [8|]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

Sorry for the lack of updates. Jeff is still a little bit under the weather and I´m exhausted from work + sick kids.

An extremely important TF moving from Off map to on map decided it was better to delay its arrival with 3 weeks which also made me rage a bit. It was 2 days from moving on map when suddenly it went "red" and is now reading 17 days. Made me kind of furious to say the least. One of the DDs are suddenly completely empty and as all the other ships are showing red none of them will refuel the DD.

Words can not describe how furious I am. Of course it had to happen to the most important TF of the war.

I AM NOT HAPPY. [:@]
Image
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Sorry for the lack of updates. Jeff is still a little bit under the weather and I´m exhausted from work + sick kids.

An extremely important TF moving from Off map to on map decided it was better to delay its arrival with 3 weeks which also made me rage a bit. It was 2 days from moving on map when suddenly it went "red" and is now reading 17 days. Made me kind of furious to say the least. One of the DDs are suddenly completely empty and as all the other ships are showing red none of them will refuel the DD.

Words can not describe how furious I am. Of course it had to happen to the most important TF of the war.

I AM NOT HAPPY. [:@]

You know why this happens, right? It's WAD.

Big difference in fuel management between moving off-map to off-map and off-map to on-map. In the latter case the TF uses fuel. The out-of-fuel ships will also accumulate damage off-map now. And if you spin the TF in the wormhole you can break the game.
The Moose
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
You know why this happens, right? It's WAD.

Big difference in fuel management between moving off-map to off-map and off-map to on-map. In the latter case the TF uses fuel. The out-of-fuel ships will also accumulate damage off-map now. And if you spin the TF in the wormhole you can break the game.

Yeah, I know that but what I don´t understand is why it went from "green" (and 2 days to on map) with enough fuel to reach its destination to "red" (and 17 days) between one turn and another?

EDIT:

Oki, I found the problem. Somehow the game is trying to send the TF to Balboa. How the heck that happened I have no clue. Home port and destination was set to Colombo.
Image
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
You know why this happens, right? It's WAD.

Big difference in fuel management between moving off-map to off-map and off-map to on-map. In the latter case the TF uses fuel. The out-of-fuel ships will also accumulate damage off-map now. And if you spin the TF in the wormhole you can break the game.

Yeah, I know that but what I don´t understand is why it went from "green" (and 2 days to on map) with enough fuel to reach its destination to "red" (and 17 days) between one turn and another?

EDIT:

Oki, I found the problem. Somehow the game is trying to send the TF to Balboa. How the heck that happened I have no clue. Home port and destination was set to Colombo.

From where did it begin? That is the question.

Aden is not open to the Med yet.
The Moose
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
You know why this happens, right? It's WAD.

Big difference in fuel management between moving off-map to off-map and off-map to on-map. In the latter case the TF uses fuel. The out-of-fuel ships will also accumulate damage off-map now. And if you spin the TF in the wormhole you can break the game.

Yeah, I know that but what I don´t understand is why it went from "green" (and 2 days to on map) with enough fuel to reach its destination to "red" (and 17 days) between one turn and another?

EDIT:

Oki, I found the problem. Somehow the game is trying to send the TF to Balboa. How the heck that happened I have no clue. Home port and destination was set to Colombo.

Sounds like you checked whether the TF was set to "Full Speed" or not. I don't know if a TF low on fuel will turn around while moving off-map - I always set my TFs to "Absolute" so they do not balk a low fuel when I am planning to refuel them before on-map home base.

Also, I have seen problems like that when trying to send a convoy from CT to new home base of Aden (off-map but not connected directly). The AI could not handle off-map to on-map to off-map again all in one set of orders.

There is a possible save en route - when I had TFs run out of fuel while traveling from Panama to on-map, with weeks to go before arrival, they were suddenly refueled - I think by one of the other TFs moving the same route.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
You know why this happens, right? It's WAD.

Big difference in fuel management between moving off-map to off-map and off-map to on-map. In the latter case the TF uses fuel. The out-of-fuel ships will also accumulate damage off-map now. And if you spin the TF in the wormhole you can break the game.

Yeah, I know that but what I don´t understand is why it went from "green" (and 2 days to on map) with enough fuel to reach its destination to "red" (and 17 days) between one turn and another?

EDIT:

Oki, I found the problem. Somehow the game is trying to send the TF to Balboa. How the heck that happened I have no clue. Home port and destination was set to Colombo.

From where did it begin? That is the question.

Aden is not open to the Med yet.

From CT with destination Colombo. Home port Colombo. Double checked with older save. But last turn it decided to "return to homeport" and destination Balboa.

Had this crap happen a lot in my game with Erik where "on map" TFs decided to switch home port and go there all of the sudden. Figures it happens now with the most important TF I have on the map. [:@]
Image
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”