Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: JocMeister



Yeah, I know that but what I don´t understand is why it went from "green" (and 2 days to on map) with enough fuel to reach its destination to "red" (and 17 days) between one turn and another?

EDIT:

Oki, I found the problem. Somehow the game is trying to send the TF to Balboa. How the heck that happened I have no clue. Home port and destination was set to Colombo.

From where did it begin? That is the question.

Aden is not open to the Med yet.

From CT with destination Colombo. Home port Colombo. Double checked with older save. But last turn it decided to "return to homeport" and destination Balboa.

Had this crap happen a lot in my game with Erik where "on map" TFs decided to switch home port and go there all of the sudden. Figures it happens now with the most important TF I have on the map. [:@]

I've never seen that. My off-map behaviors have always been solid so long as I was careful about fuel and speed settings for coming-on TFs.

Edit: It shouldn't even be possible to pick Balboa I don't think. It should have picked the Atlantic side of the Canal. Cristobal.
The Moose
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

Never seen it do that off map either. Only on map.
Image
User avatar
HansBolter
Posts: 7457
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: United States

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Never seen it do that off map either. Only on map.

Ditto. Have seen it plenty of times on map.
Hans

JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

Aaaarrgh. It keeps resetting to "destination Balboa"!
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]April 8th - 9th (cont.)[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

This and that...

------------------------
NORPAC
------------------------

Jeff continues to try and bomb bases on the WC. He tries for two days and I think those two days shows pretty clearly why bombing the WC won´t work.

This is the first of 2 stikes at Bremerton. Defending are a lone half TOE Coast AA unit in strat mode.
Morning Air attack on Bremerton , at 211,52

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid spotted at 18 NM, estimated altitude 7,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G3M2 Nell x 21
G4M1 Betty x 6


Japanese aircraft losses
G3M2 Nell: 6 damaged
G3M2 Nell: 1 destroyed by flak
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged


Resources hits 8
Repair Shipyard hits 2

14 Japanese bombers lost to AA and OPS.

On the 9th Jeff tries again but this time he goes for Spokane. Again a lone AA unit in stratmode. Although this one has a full TOE.
Afternoon Air attack on Spokane , at 215,48

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 57 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 22 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8
G3M2 Nell x 12
G4M1 Betty x 13


Japanese aircraft losses
G3M2 Nell: 4 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 5 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 1 destroyed by flak

6 Japanese bombers lost to flak and OPS for no damage to allied industry.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Jeff has really turned on the pressure here. I´m losing the Ankang roadblock. Problem is that the reinforcements I send in arrive with 0 forts and are instantly pummeled in the next attack. I have two very strong Corps digging in behind though and will pull back soon.

First attack by the Panzer Armee in the south is a bit of a surprise. I guess the level 3-4 forts help.

Ground combat at 74,52 (near Tuyun)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 29443 troops, 275 guns, 562 vehicles, Assault Value = 876

Defending force 49059 troops, 150 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1370

Japanese adjusted assault: 122

Allied adjusted defense: 3226

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 26

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
Vehicles lost 213 (65 destroyed, 148 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
621 casualties reported
Squads: 5 destroyed, 63 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled


Assaulting units:
1st Tank Regiment
104th Division
9th Tank Regiment
3rd Tank Regiment
5th Tank Regiment
7th Tank Regiment

51st Division
6th Tank Regiment
10th Tank Regiment

23rd Army
21st Mortar Battalion


Defending units:
11th Chinese Corps
28th Chinese Corps
10th Chinese Corps
25th Chinese Corps
99th Chinese Corps
9th Group Army



------------------------
India
------------------------

The TF "stuck" is causing me a tremendous amount of grief as its carrying US 75 fighters as well as the 27th US infantry division and artillery. These forces were supposed to shore up the defense but will now be delayed by 3 weeks. Reinforcements keep pouring into Chittagong and there are now over 60k troops there and 28 units.

With no good terrain to defend I´m not sure what to do right now.

I´ll try to get some screens up later today.
Image
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Aaaarrgh. It keeps resetting to "destination Balboa"!

This might be a Michael question. As I said yesterday, even if it wants to spin in the wormhole (which I've never seen) it's setting to an off-map base one more jump beyond where it should want to go--Cristobal. Something is FUBAR.
The Moose
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Aaaarrgh. It keeps resetting to "destination Balboa"!

This might be a Michael question. As I said yesterday, even if it wants to spin in the wormhole (which I've never seen) it's setting to an off-map base one more jump beyond where it should want to go--Cristobal. Something is FUBAR.

I might drop Micheal a PM and see if he wants to take a look at it.
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

This is getting odder and odder. Now the TF AGAIN switched destination to Balboa. But this time it shifted from the transitbox into the IO to the transitbox to CT. It also refueled the DDs and now says 10 days to destination. 10 days to Balboa or CT? At least its moving now. I don´t dare touch it but hope it will return to CT.

Stupid game. [:(]
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

Loool! Now it switched to the entry box to the IO again. But this time it has CT as destination and homebase. And mouseover shows its set to enter the map at the Aden exit in 1 day.... [8|]

If it doesn´t work out next turn I´ll have to contact Micheal and see if he can salvage the game. To have this TF stuck in limbo for the rest of the game would be a game breaker.
Image
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Loool! Now it switched to the entry box to the IO again. But this time it has CT as destination and homebase. And mouseover shows its set to enter the map at the Aden exit in 1 day.... [8|]

If it doesn´t work out next turn I´ll have to contact Micheal and see if he can salvage the game. To have this TF stuck in limbo for the rest of the game would be a game breaker.

I don't see how it could matter, but is this a TF you created when Orlin had the files? Or is it new?
The Moose
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

Its a new one. Created less then 20 turns ago.

EDIT: I´m not 100% sure now that I think on it. It may be an old one I just transferred new ships to.
Image
tiemanjw
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:15 am

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by tiemanjw »

I remember a while back I had something vaguely similar, though I don't recall the circumstances. Suffice it to say I was screwing with a TF coming from CT to India while still off map. I had a turn or 2 of WTF, followed by 1 day out of Aden. I switched home port to Karachi and landed a day or 2 later. In the end it probably saved a week or so of transit time. It also wasn't a game changer TF, so I didn't sweat it too much... and I never saw the switching home port to Panama either.
In the end I [think I] learned to never screw with a TF coming from off map, and make sure all ships can reach the destination (and back if home port is the off map port) without refuel - though thinking about it more, I only had issues when CT was involved.
So, I guess, never screw with TF coming to / from CT.
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Aaaarrgh. It keeps resetting to "destination Balboa"!

This might be a Michael question. As I said yesterday, even if it wants to spin in the wormhole (which I've never seen) it's setting to an off-map base one more jump beyond where it should want to go--Cristobal. Something is FUBAR.
I think the switch to Balboa means it wants to sail all the way across the IO and Pacific to Balboa - no jump! Not that it's any less ridiculous.

The things the TF is doing (even if triggered by your own finger trouble) are spoiling your game and you should ask your opponent to wait while you have MichaelM look at the file and see if he can correct the TF problem.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
JeffroK
Posts: 6435
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:05 am

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JeffroK »

Did you or the other Jeff load beta 1125??
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Aaaarrgh. It keeps resetting to "destination Balboa"!

This might be a Michael question. As I said yesterday, even if it wants to spin in the wormhole (which I've never seen) it's setting to an off-map base one more jump beyond where it should want to go--Cristobal. Something is FUBAR.
I think the switch to Balboa means it wants to sail all the way across the IO and Pacific to Balboa - no jump! Not that it's any less ridiculous.

I've seen that happen, but the Moves line in the upper left goes to four digits and turns red. Jocke is reporting the TF has good fuel states.
The Moose
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
I think the switch to Balboa means it wants to sail all the way across the IO and Pacific to Balboa - no jump! Not that it's any less ridiculous.

The things the TF is doing (even if triggered by your own finger trouble) are spoiling your game and you should ask your opponent to wait while you have MichaelM look at the file and see if he can correct the TF problem.

That is what I thought too. But when that happens you can usually see the yellow line going across the map. Not seeing any now which is odd.
ORIGINAL: JeffK
Did you or the other Jeff load beta 1125??

No we havn´t. Might be worth a shot upgrading and seeing if it sorts itself out.

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
I've seen that happen, but the Moves line in the upper left goes to four digits and turns red. Jocke is reporting the TF has good fuel states.

Yep, it was perfectly fine and set to arrive in the IO on in 2 days. Then it suddenly turned red and arrival was in 17 days but with destination Balboa (probably why it went red).
Image
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by BBfanboy »

Just a long shot thought - when I set waypoints for en route refuelling the normal path for the TF disappears, and if I do it from off map (usually Capetown with refuel at Medan in the Strait of Malacca) the route usually gets odd too - the hex where you transition to the map changes for sure. So I suggest you check if any waypoints are set - a long shot but ... [&:]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

Huuuurray!

It arrived on map! In hex 12:4. WTH? (Most NW corner of the map) But at least it arrived! [&o]
Image
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20769
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by BBfanboy »

Great news! Is the fuel state still good?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Canada Invaded!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Great news! Is the fuel state still good?

Enough to make it to Karachi! Thank god. [:)]

PS. Sorry everyone for the lack of updates lately. Sick kids at home equals absolutely horrendous nights which means I have no energy over for anything but the absolute necessities.

Hope things will improve the coming week. You havn´t missed anything as turns are uneventful.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”