4/28/44
Fun House: CV Sumatra took two torpedoes today. She's in bad shape and in a bad location to try to make it to a friendly port. John has a sizeable pack of subs in the area. Sumatra, and the rest of Death Star, are caught between those subs and Mindanao.
I'm dispatching additional ASW TFs from Legaspi to rendezvous with DS, but the next few days will be dicey.
Allied ASW did damage I-200 (the sub that hit Sumatra) and another sub; and ASW aircraft reported hits on two or three other subs. Here's hoping Allied ASW tears into this pack tomorrow.
No sign of KB today. If John has used flank speed - possible but unlikely - his carrier would be in range for battle tomorrow. But I don't think that's in the cards. I think KB is somewhere north or northeast of Truk, around the Marianas or possible towards Marcus.
Carousel: The conquest and loss of Celebes was the last act in the DEI, but the Allies are about to resume the offensive. Loading of troops at one of the Ceram bases has commenced, with D-Day two days away. I'll continue using the "Carousel" name - it was originally the op to expand on Big Tent, and that's still the case today.
Burma: Important attacks tomorrow. If the Allies succeed with either or both, John's MLR will really collapse back towards open terrain. He can't stand there due to Allied 2EB hitting his troops. So if the attacks succeed - especially the one near Toungoo - John's days are numbered in Burma. Over at Prome, the big question is whether the attack can catch 18th Div. in the hex and mess it up. There are five forts there, but 4EB really messed up his ground troops today.

"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.