Sneer vs Raver , Banzaiiii!!!!
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: I hate PTs
I dont find it gamey at all as port defences massed PT boats are fine.
Were you to be sending out 50+ PT Boats on raids it might be a different story but on defence if you want to concentrate them that way its your choice I dont think you have enough to screen all the ports you have to protect but thats the risk you are running
Were you to be sending out 50+ PT Boats on raids it might be a different story but on defence if you want to concentrate them that way its your choice I dont think you have enough to screen all the ports you have to protect but thats the risk you are running
RE: I hate PTs
not worth messing about
especially i would do same
as i wrote earlier numbers alone are not a problem to me even if it makes this base almost immune to any raid
04/23/43
DD Shiratsuyu did not reach port - again score for allied
3 allied AKs hit by bettys on north OZ coast - 2 heavt dmg
heavy night air attacks on east india - looks like there will be no daylight battle for a while
especially i would do same
as i wrote earlier numbers alone are not a problem to me even if it makes this base almost immune to any raid
04/23/43
DD Shiratsuyu did not reach port - again score for allied
3 allied AKs hit by bettys on north OZ coast - 2 heavt dmg
heavy night air attacks on east india - looks like there will be no daylight battle for a while
RE: I hate PTs
04/24/43
not planned raid over luganville
21 zeros lost
and 3 betty ]s for 2 corsairs
2 ak were hit - 1 heavily
reason was in faulty range given to my fighters
time to focus on 1-2 detailed operations instead of biting everything around perimeter
not planned raid over luganville
21 zeros lost
and 3 betty ]s for 2 corsairs
2 ak were hit - 1 heavily
reason was in faulty range given to my fighters
time to focus on 1-2 detailed operations instead of biting everything around perimeter
RE: I hate PTs
My advice for what it is worth : You have achieved a great victory, now he needs time to recuperate, use that time to strengthen perimeter, If there is one last ambitious operation worth undertaking, why not, otherwise just rest, refit, and raid around, avoiding ports that are now all defended by corsairs, except if you are actually trying to take it....
As you said before, It is time you train the thousands of pilots you'll have to sacrifice in years to come...
As you said before, It is time you train the thousands of pilots you'll have to sacrifice in years to come...
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
RE: I hate PTs
perimeter is done and thanks to raiding enemy was occupied when KB went R&R in Japan - now i'm ready for serious action
i'd gladly train those thousands of pilots but .... not in this game engine - 100-200 is max I can do
soon i will move back to chungking - this time i expect to solve this issue and have CEA units free to use
it would be nice to pick 3-4 best chinase units with 99 exp and put them as additional force in marianes
dreaming .....
back to work - there are so many allied ships to sunk - under this point - and not only- this game is great
ports looks to be safe corsairs in defensive mode are no match for me
i'd gladly train those thousands of pilots but .... not in this game engine - 100-200 is max I can do
soon i will move back to chungking - this time i expect to solve this issue and have CEA units free to use
it would be nice to pick 3-4 best chinase units with 99 exp and put them as additional force in marianes
dreaming .....
back to work - there are so many allied ships to sunk - under this point - and not only- this game is great
ports looks to be safe corsairs in defensive mode are no match for me
RE: I hate PTs
You'd hate PTs even more if you had to contend with my PT32 (in my First Year PBEM). She has been in 5 engagements and sunk 2 DDs and an AP, and damaged 2 PC/PGs, and an AK.
- castor troy
- Posts: 14331
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
- Location: Austria
RE: I hate PTs
ORIGINAL: Andy Mac
I dont find it gamey at all as port defences massed PT boats are fine.
Were you to be sending out 50+ PT Boats on raids it might be a different story but on defence if you want to concentrate them that way its your choice I dont think you have enough to screen all the ports you have to protect but thats the risk you are running
The question of gamyness of having 50 PT boats in a port hex is no question for me if I´m honestly. But what´s gamey to me (and that´s a problem of the game) is, that if you kill ALL those 50 PT boats in one turn, the next turn another 50 PT boats popped up! And that´s just a silly aspect of the game. And then I also say: "I hate PTs!"[8|]
RE: I hate PTs
this exactly what i was writing about
PT boats one day are floating targets and another they kill few good warships
and they are expendable so loosing 10 of them is nothing to allied player
PT boats one day are floating targets and another they kill few good warships
and they are expendable so loosing 10 of them is nothing to allied player
RE: I hate PTs
21 zeros lost
and 3 bettys for 2 corsairs [8D]
and 3 bettys for 2 corsairs [8D]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: I hate PTs
Hmmm perhaps the point value should be increased or the miraculous appear from an AK mechanism disabled thats a different point I guess (which I agree with)
Massing lots of them or there actual capability I don't have an issue with.
Personally I tend to deploy them as soon as there are 6 or 8 available as they are needed to stop IJN Bombardments so I dont tend to have the ability to generate large numbers on short notice typically I am watching the pool like a hawk waiting for the required number to deploy but I could understand the frustration if 1 day you destroy lots and the next day they "respawn"
Perhaps a better way is some kind of penalty on the day they appear if generated by to small a base or off an AK.
i.e. they appear with no torpedoes and no fuel unless generated at a base of port sized X
Andy
Massing lots of them or there actual capability I don't have an issue with.
Personally I tend to deploy them as soon as there are 6 or 8 available as they are needed to stop IJN Bombardments so I dont tend to have the ability to generate large numbers on short notice typically I am watching the pool like a hawk waiting for the required number to deploy but I could understand the frustration if 1 day you destroy lots and the next day they "respawn"
Perhaps a better way is some kind of penalty on the day they appear if generated by to small a base or off an AK.
i.e. they appear with no torpedoes and no fuel unless generated at a base of port sized X
Andy
RE: I hate PTs
maybe they should just appear at port 5+ and then be ferryed around ?
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
RE: I hate PTs
i'd like to see that during rain / thunderstorm they can't be undocked and they don't fight
if you want all weather naval protection - use bigger vessels
if you want all weather naval protection - use bigger vessels
RE: I hate PTs
ORIGINAL: Sneer
i'd like to see that during rain / thunderstorm they can't be undocked and they don't fight
if you want all weather naval protection - use bigger vessels
And I'd like better weather maps !

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: I hate PTs
me too
sometimes i gamble about your search ability
sometimes i gamble about your search ability
RE: I hate PTs
4/27/43
JPN bleeds slowly in small vessels in southern dei
today for the 1st time my mine express as i call my mine laying division was caught in daylight at kai isl
they were as always refueled but somehow they lost enough ops to stay at kai isl at end of movement
3 medium ML sunk by planes
3-4 other vessels heavily damaged ( PG and ML)
as for good news sub managed to sunk enemy AK west of Broome ( returning convoy) - but it is only sub i have there
another AK - previously damaged sunk at Wyndham in last few days too
big part of my sub force is unfortunately in repair shipyard as all subs with dmg over 20 is directed to rear ports
JPN bleeds slowly in small vessels in southern dei
today for the 1st time my mine express as i call my mine laying division was caught in daylight at kai isl
they were as always refueled but somehow they lost enough ops to stay at kai isl at end of movement
3 medium ML sunk by planes
3-4 other vessels heavily damaged ( PG and ML)
as for good news sub managed to sunk enemy AK west of Broome ( returning convoy) - but it is only sub i have there
another AK - previously damaged sunk at Wyndham in last few days too
big part of my sub force is unfortunately in repair shipyard as all subs with dmg over 20 is directed to rear ports
RE: I hate PTs
The tone of the war is sublty changing. There is a feeling in air, my troops seem to be walking a little taller, and the work on ships is done faster and with more purpose. Soldiers train and no longer bitch and whine. There is a feeling in the air, and that feeling is victory !

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: I hate PTs
yes
43 is a balance year
but do not get oveerconfident too much
you just noticed Japan bleeds as other countries...
my high activity brought some light losses but it is not surprise
MSW ,PC ,ML subs are high duty ships
no important capital was hurt so no worry
i'm pleased with military effort of my economy
5th carrier division will be created within next 2 months - akagi will be back - usual KB composition will change
within 3 months damaged BBs should be back too
ground forces will receive 11 inf div within next 60 days and soon hikotais will be created for my air forces
i'm ready for allies which are expected to move sooner than it was expected
43 is a balance year
but do not get oveerconfident too much
you just noticed Japan bleeds as other countries...
my high activity brought some light losses but it is not surprise
MSW ,PC ,ML subs are high duty ships
no important capital was hurt so no worry
i'm pleased with military effort of my economy
5th carrier division will be created within next 2 months - akagi will be back - usual KB composition will change
within 3 months damaged BBs should be back too
ground forces will receive 11 inf div within next 60 days and soon hikotais will be created for my air forces
i'm ready for allies which are expected to move sooner than it was expected
RE: I hate PTs
OPERATIONAL REPORT FOR 04/29/43
Day Time Surface Combat at 9,87
Japanese Ships
CA Kinugasa
CA Furutaka
CA Kako
CL Agano
DD Urakaze
DD Shirayuki
Allied Ships
AS Pelias, Shell hits 26, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
Day Time Surface Combat at 9,87
Japanese Ships
CA Kinugasa
CA Furutaka
CA Kako
CL Agano
DD Urakaze
DD Shirayuki
Allied Ships
AS Pelias, Shell hits 26, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
RE: I hate PTs
That was a nice move !

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: I hate PTs
but i missed returning convoy 
4/30/43
2 heavily damaged Mls and 1 PG sunk at Amboina harbour
DM Pruitt heavily hit by mine at luganville
damaged SS Herring sunk before reaching safety
4/30/43
2 heavily damaged Mls and 1 PG sunk at Amboina harbour
DM Pruitt heavily hit by mine at luganville
damaged SS Herring sunk before reaching safety


