ORIGINAL: GetAssista
I'm afraid you might've got over-excited with naval and air results and started defending forward too soon. It serves you good in Western Oz and so-so in Eastern one. But initial Indian troops are crap compared to Aussies. It's infantry squads and devices that matter here, not territory. Let them live through upgrades with not too much stuff lost - that is the strategic goal in India in my opinion. And 18th might not have helped you much, with open terrain and incoming bombardments in Chittagong
Also I recall being cut off in Eastern India through 42 and suffering huge squad/device losses as a result is a theme that surfaces in Allied AARs quite frequently.
Naval and air results have nothing to do with my decision to fight forward...rather, bypassing PI and Singers, hitting both coasts of Oz and India has.
He is in India with 2 divisions and one artillery...
IF the 18th Division would have made it to Chittagong, he would have been trapped there for quite a while having to steam up and back thru two British and two Dutch subs the entire time... 18th has full AT guns, but only 28 of 48 25#s.
Now, I have to watch out for a division sized landing at Diamond Harbor or Viz...he lacks the troop unit numbers to do Viz...so the bulk will go to Diamond Harbor.
All of the early troop deployments to Cape Town will be going to India...I think I will only be sending one squadron to Australia from Cape Town...