Search found 38 matches

by morganja
Sat Apr 11, 2026 12:24 am
Forum: Rule the Waves 3: Tech Support
Topic: Design study on first turn requires restart?
Replies: 1
Views: 1051

Design study on first turn requires restart?

I did a design study on the first turn. It apparently deducts immediately leaving me in the red and unable to go to next turn. Reducing any and all expenses only reduces income for next turn? So, no way to get out of the red, no way to end turn, requires a restart?
Is this a known bug?
by morganja
Wed Jan 07, 2026 2:03 am
Forum: Graphic Mods
Topic: Is there a mod to edit out the RUN RUN RUN?
Replies: 2
Views: 6018

Is there a mod to edit out the RUN RUN RUN?

It gets old quickly, especially in triplicate. Is there a mod to edit out this obnoxious audio?
by morganja
Sun Jan 04, 2026 6:09 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Beginning game is poorly designed
Replies: 13
Views: 1907

Re: Beginning game is poorly designed



They will explain why there is always an impregnable non-sentient herbivore that makes a beeline for my capital as soon as the game begins?
Because you colonized his territory. There are plenty of sci-fi movies that show aliens aren't happy if you colonize their planet (Starship Troopers ...
by morganja
Sat Jan 03, 2026 5:18 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Beginning game is poorly designed
Replies: 13
Views: 1907

Re: Beginning game is poorly designed

They will explain why there is always an impregnable non-sentient herbivore that makes a beeline for my capital as soon as the game begins?
Why every non-aligned unit from 50 hexes away converges on my territory?
Why a minor I am not at war with, but is being attacked by another Major, will send ...
by morganja
Sat Jan 03, 2026 5:05 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Recon hexes broken? Or just an inside joke?
Replies: 4
Views: 941

Re: Recon hexes broken? Or just an inside joke?

The number on the demands page in reports did not change after sending 8 spies successfully.
I believe it is possible that they were all instantly eliminated, but that seems broken.
by morganja
Fri Jan 02, 2026 4:04 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Recon hexes broken? Or just an inside joke?
Replies: 4
Views: 941

Recon hexes broken? Or just an inside joke?

The demand in the early game for recon om hexes. I have sent out 8 spies so far.... and zero change in the number of hexes reconned.
Is this just broken?
Is it an inside joke I am not getting?
by morganja
Fri Jan 02, 2026 2:19 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Beginning game is poorly designed
Replies: 13
Views: 1907

Re: Beginning game is poorly designed

I'm going to go ahead and add another reason the early game is broken. Getting demands which are impossible to resolve.

I see all the posts enjoying the randomness and stating that it adds to the challenge of experienced players, and that they know not to accept them. But for people trying to ...
by morganja
Fri Jan 02, 2026 2:09 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Beginning game is poorly designed
Replies: 13
Views: 1907

Re: Beginning game is poorly designed

I'm not sure how to insert a picture:

Hornbeast
Scientific name is 'Superoctopus Heteroliodon',
A land dwelling large (4m) herbivore. It resembles a squid analog. Its chemistry is water-carbon based and it is oxygen breathing.
Is a omnivore herbivore. Has the following Feats: Social, Chitinous II ...
by morganja
Thu Jan 01, 2026 7:23 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Beginning game is poorly designed
Replies: 13
Views: 1907

Re: Beginning game is poorly designed

How does one turn off the non-sentient, impregnable creatures?
All of that advice absolutely failed to stop this herd of non-sentient herbivores from defeating every force between them and my city, and then they attacked my city and killed most of my leaders.
Obviously this is both ridiculous ...
by morganja
Wed Dec 31, 2025 4:21 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Beginning game is poorly designed
Replies: 13
Views: 1907

Beginning game is poorly designed

I keep trying, and failing to get out of the first 20 turns. I understand that it gets much better, but the beginning game is full of poor design choices.
The invisible units that take over your territory, attack your units, get right up to your capital, yet remain completely, totally invisible is ...
by morganja
Wed Jul 16, 2025 5:52 pm
Forum: Suggestions and Feedback
Topic: Desperately needed learning mode
Replies: 0
Views: 7662

Desperately needed learning mode

I know it has been said many, many, many times before, but it desperately needs a mode in which a person can learn the game without a 95% chance that a random event or start will require a restart.
I understand that advanced players want 'challenges'. But 'challenges' without a base mode in which ...
by morganja
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:40 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Buy ammo, every other turn...
Replies: 1
Views: 650

Buy ammo, every other turn...

Is there some way to avoid the event trader demands you buy ammo for 200 or whatever credits popping up over and over and over again? I'm not even to turn 20, and this has happened 4 or 5 times. I've run out of money, and now my enforcement is going up +5 every other turn.
Is there some way that ...
by morganja
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:03 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Beginning game Ambush mechanic
Replies: 1
Views: 690

Beginning game Ambush mechanic

Is there any sense behind this mechanic? Every game I start, I end up bouncing off because of the ridiculous number of 'ambushes', especially by neutral powers. I have no idea what the intention is behind the mechanic, but it isn't working, and needs to be seriously rethought. It is just annoying ...
by morganja
Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:40 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Starvation at game start?
Replies: 2
Views: 472

Re: Starvation at game start?

Thanks! Downloading now. I guess this means I need to generate a new start. I liked the last start as far as the layout goes, a city on a peninsula jutting out into the unknown oceans.
by morganja
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:21 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Starvation at game start?
Replies: 2
Views: 472

Starvation at game start?

I just installed Oceania and have tried out a new game. My population is starving from the very first turn. Is that expected? There is a starting private dock, but no farms. They are consuming like 400-600 food to start with? If I am reading that correctly.
Any ideas?
by morganja
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:16 pm
Forum: War Room
Topic: Start of game blob rush
Replies: 1
Views: 984

Start of game blob rush

On turn 2, my starting city is bum-rushed by a horde of minor infantry. Is that just an instant-loss and restart?
by morganja
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:48 am
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Early game crap
Replies: 6
Views: 1012

Early game crap

I keep bouncing off this game due to two highly annoying early game mechanisms. First, the fact that every neighbor gloms towards your capital with every single unit they have. I am guessing that since they have five or more units all bee-lining towards your capital from every direction, none of ...
by morganja
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:10 pm
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Why no more metal mines?
Replies: 21
Views: 1295

RE: Why no more metal mines?

So am I doing things right, just unlucky? Or do I need to do different settings to get a metal deposit?
by morganja
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:13 pm
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Why no more metal mines?
Replies: 21
Views: 1295

RE: Why no more metal mines?

<t> Difficulty was one up from easiest. Normal I think? The zones were fully prospected. No more deposits to be found. Is 145% heavy metals low? It's just all four straight games I started since coming back, I have yet to find a single metal deposit in my starting or surrounding territories. Also ...
by morganja
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:10 pm
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Why no more metal mines?
Replies: 21
Views: 1295

RE: Why no more metal mines?

Double post

Go to advanced search