Search found 1323 matches

by Taifun
Thu Sep 10, 2026 11:31 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: HQs assigments failures
Replies: 8
Views: 1066

Re: HQs assigments failures

I have not been able to identify any clear pattern. However, I have noticed that units which end their turn adjacent to enemy forces and have taken heavy damage will sometimes appear unattached to any HQ at the start of my next turn, even when they are well within command range. This is particularly ...
by Taifun
Thu Sep 10, 2026 11:21 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament


New game started HarrrySmith (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)
Haven't played before but if I can make a good game out of it, I will be happy. Learnt a few things on the way Hasmat_slith plays axis so hopefully I can utilise some of those .


Taifun (Allies) defeats HarrrySmith (Axis)
December 1944 ...
by Taifun
Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:05 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Chinese troops cannot attack Axis units in Germany and Italy.
Replies: 3
Views: 458

Re: Chinese troops cannot attack Axis units in Germany and Italy.

Thanks, Pete. I should have checked the war map first! :roll:
by Taifun
Sat Aug 29, 2026 11:00 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Chinese troops cannot attack Axis units in Germany and Italy.
Replies: 3
Views: 458

Chinese troops cannot attack Axis units in Germany and Italy.

After defeating the Japanese invaders in China, the victorious Chinese Army transferred troops to Europe. They distinguished themselves in Yugoslavia, but apparently, they are not authorized to attack Axis troops in Italy or Germany...
by Taifun
Thu Aug 20, 2026 7:02 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

I will not respond to personal insults.

Simply applying ELO rules does not automatically make a game part of the official ELO tournament.

Some opponents whose results you submit have never participated in discussions on this forum, making it difficult to verify whether they were aware that their ...
by Taifun
Tue Aug 18, 2026 3:41 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: My game vs ThunderLizard11
Replies: 12
Views: 601

Re: My game vs ThunderLizard11

Thank you very much, Pete, for sharing this very interesting material. It provides valuable insight into TH’s actual level of play. How is it possible that the player ranked number one could suffer such a clear and decisive defeat?

In my view, this calls into question the image of invincibility ...
by Taifun
Tue Aug 18, 2026 3:33 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

TH11, I think it is long overdue for you to stop making a mockery of the rest of us. By now, your behavior has been exposed, and it seems as though you are simply ridiculing the other players on this forum.

As far as I am concerned, the “ghost games” you keep posting have no credibility, especially ...
by Taifun
Tue Jul 21, 2026 7:01 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

Fantastic summary. Launching an attack on the United Kingdom was a bold and courageous decision :shock: . The main issue I see is that both the Soviet Union and the United States are likely to enter the war with overwhelming force, which could turn the Eastern Front into a nightmare for Germany. On ...
by Taifun
Sat Jul 11, 2026 8:31 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

firsteds wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2026 1:36 pm New ELO game started:

Firsteds (Axis) v Umeu (Allies). Usual rules. Let's go!
Great game! Great you are back for a game Umeu :D
by Taifun
Fri Jun 12, 2026 10:29 am
Forum: AAR
Topic: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis
Replies: 81
Views: 5480

Re: wevilc (allies) v Old_Shane (axis

Japan still holds Delhi and Chungking, so I think this should be considered a draw. It's very rare to see a game end in a stalemate!

Thanks for the AAR. I think you could have attacked the Japanese positions in China and Korea with the Soviets much earlier. Germany was already finished by that ...
by Taifun
Sun Jun 07, 2026 3:57 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

The number of German losses is overwhelming. It is hard to see how Germany could have recovered from such extraordinarily high casualties.

It would be interesting if you could provide a summary of the game. Did the USSR surrender? What happened in China and India? Did Japan survive?

It sounds like ...
by Taifun
Sat Jun 06, 2026 10:11 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

HarrySmith, I’m available to start a game whenever you are. ;)
by Taifun
Sat Jun 06, 2026 10:08 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

The capture of London can be a double-edged sword, as it immediately brings both the United States and the Soviet Union much closer to the war. While this may seem catastrophic at first glance, it is far from the end of the world. In fact, an American entry into the conflict even a year earlier than ...
by Taifun
Wed Jun 03, 2026 11:21 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

Two Matches to Report
New ELO Game started 06-24-2026
Taifun (Axis) Winner Vs kjgokc2007 (Allies) Loser


This has been one of the fastest games I can remember. Thanks to the rare combination of having some free time and being spared the usual work-related interruptions to my gaming, we managed ...
by Taifun
Mon Jun 01, 2026 2:06 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Server Communication Errors
Replies: 6
Views: 719

Re: Server Communication Errors

For me, no problems so far today...
by Taifun
Tue May 26, 2026 9:02 am
Forum: AAR
Topic: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)
Replies: 91
Views: 5240

Re: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)


After playing ELO for a lot of years I still interesting enough haven't played you, so if you want a game please let me know.


Thanks, HarrySmith!
Sorry, but I just started a new campaign with kjgokc2007… and my wife is already threatening to exile me to the couch if I begin another one. So ...
by Taifun
Sat May 23, 2026 2:40 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)
Replies: 91
Views: 5240

Re: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)

You can save all the turns directly to your computer. On my laptop, I use the Windows + Alt + R keys to record them. You can even replay them in slow motion if you want!
by Taifun
Fri May 22, 2026 8:41 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Veteran Allied player for new ELO game (CLOSED)
Replies: 2
Views: 505

Veteran Allied player for new ELO game (CLOSED)

Good morning Generals,

I am looking for a veteran, experienced Allied player for a new campaign using the standard 10 new ELO rules. If you are interested, please send me a PM with any special requests or preferences, and I will provide the password. Looking forward to another great match.

CLOSE
by Taifun
Fri May 22, 2026 8:33 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2209
Views: 192450

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

petedalby wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2026 8:26 pm New ELO game begins:
Taifun (Allies) vs petedalby (Axis)
Game ends:
Taifun (Allies) defeats petedalby (Axis)

AAR available with summary of the game ;)
by Taifun
Thu May 21, 2026 6:32 pm
Forum: AAR
Topic: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)
Replies: 91
Views: 5240

Re: AAR -Petedalby (Axis) vs Taifun (Allies)

I would like to give my sincere thanks to Petedalby for this incredible, action-packed campaign. There were moments during the game when I genuinely had no idea how I was going to stop his unstoppable panzers and relentless Japanese armies. More than once, the situation looked hopeless. And that is ...

Go to advanced search