Search found 177 matches

by Birdw
Wed Aug 19, 2026 5:44 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2214
Views: 201857

Re: The World at War ELO Tournament

Birdw - Axis vs ThunderLizard11 - Allies

Standard rules and GL to ThunderLizard11
by Birdw
Mon Aug 17, 2026 9:44 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: New to ELO and looking for an opponent
Replies: 1
Views: 267

New to ELO and looking for an opponent

I'm looking for an allied opponent. PW is: ELO-BirdW

I'm a long-time player of the series.
by Birdw
Wed Jun 17, 2026 7:32 pm
Forum: Scenario Design and Modding
Topic: Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)
Replies: 1148
Views: 110078

Re: Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)

Are the original 9.1 files still available for download?

Thanks
by Birdw
Sat Jun 07, 2025 11:16 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: Counter Mod
Replies: 5
Views: 4746

Re: Counter Mod

Where are the Mod folders hosted for manual download? In Steam, under settings, WaW shows the Mod names, but they don't seem to be installed. Are there files for WiE as well? Where are the mod folders hosted for manual download? In Steam, under settings, WaW shows the mod names, but they don't seem ...
by Birdw
Thu Jan 16, 2025 12:23 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII War in Europe
Topic: Official Strategic Command Tournaments
Replies: 11
Views: 7269

Re: Official Strategic Command Tournaments

+ The autosave feature in the tournament is not working. I play, and on the first autosave, I get a communication error.

I have matrixgames.com on a constant ping, and I'm not dropping packets, nor is the latency above 94 ms.

I still contend it is a feature that makes the games less enjoyable.
by Birdw
Tue Dec 10, 2024 6:08 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Stalemate
Replies: 4
Views: 543

Re: Stalemate

Thank you for the explanation. It is slightly better that the computer ended the match vs. my opponent quitting to achieve the result.
by Birdw
Sat Dec 07, 2024 11:18 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Stalemate
Replies: 4
Views: 543

Stalemate

Do games automatically end after a player abandons them? I just had two games end in a stalemate. I was less than two turns in winning one and probably 15 in the other. My opponent disappeared in Oct, and just now, I got Stalemate on the replay. I have not been keeping up with the boards, but what ...
by Birdw
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:28 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Blocking sea transit hexes is gamey
Replies: 35
Views: 6024

Re: Blocking sea transit hexes is gamey

Thank you, and now we know the rest of the story! RIP Mr. Harvey!
by Birdw
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:41 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Blocking sea transit hexes is gamey
Replies: 35
Views: 6024

Re: Blocking sea transit hexes is gamey

Scott,

Did the Russian fleet Winter in San Fransisco or New York? There was a time I would have known for certain.
by Birdw
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:03 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Blocking sea transit hexes is gamey
Replies: 35
Views: 6024

Re: Blocking sea transit hexes is gamey

I believe Havoc had the misfortune of running into my fleet screening a damaged flattop in Gibraltar. I won't leave a damaged carrier vulnerable so I don't appear "gamey." Other times, it's just that the ships are at the limit of their movement—not so nefarious. There are only so many hexes for ...
by Birdw
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:45 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Dumbest idea ever implemented
Replies: 7
Views: 1244

Dumbest idea ever implemented

I'm sure I'm not the first to complain about the God-awful game continually disrupting play by backing up to the server. Here is a great idea: If you don't have any integrity, don't play multiplayer games against opponents. I probably have had one of the worst connections in the history of this game ...
by Birdw
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:05 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game won't activate on Steam
Replies: 1
Views: 1264

Game won't activate on Steam

When I try to activate on Steam it says to contact your vendor with this key: V5TZT-T6QAL-BTROW-Z

I've never seen this before any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
by Birdw
Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:57 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Supply in China
Replies: 4
Views: 621

Re: Supply in China

Thanks for the heads up! I don't remember that from the beta testing back in the day. I have been away from this game for over a year. I have some catching up to do.
by Birdw
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:17 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Supply in China
Replies: 4
Views: 621

Supply in China

What has changed with the supply in China? The Japs can't get it above three, no matter the location of the HQs. So they can't move or reinforce. Did I mention it isn't the Spring of 1940 yet? I'm frustrated, to say the least, watching the Chinese Corps easily pushing around Japanese Armies and ...
by Birdw
Thu May 18, 2023 4:06 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Failed message after 1.16
Replies: 18
Views: 1732

Re: Failed message after 1.16

I meant WW1 not Civil War. Sorry!
by Birdw
Thu May 18, 2023 4:04 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Failed message after 1.16
Replies: 18
Views: 1732

Re: Failed message after 1.16

This is also effecting the Civil War Game as well Hubert.
by Birdw
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:40 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII War in Europe
Topic: Tournaments
Replies: 0
Views: 401

Tournaments

I really love the fact that Matrix is running tournaments for the SC series. My question is, how do you actually get opponents that finish matches? I've played 5 tournament matches so far and had my opponents disappear in 3 of them. Very frustrating, to say the least.
by Birdw
Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:31 pm
Forum: Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix
Topic: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - Home of Wargamers Tournament
Replies: 9
Views: 8468

Re: Strategic Command WWII: World at War - Home of Wargamers Tournament

What happens, or how are points scored when your opponent just disappears? I believe we played four or so turns and nothing now for 13 days. The same thing happened in my last tournament when I started to get the better of my opponent. I understand vacations and people getting sick and real life and ...
by Birdw
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:59 am
Forum: Features Suggestions
Topic: Chat log
Replies: 2
Views: 2691

Re: Chat log

Thank you for the quick reply! hope all is well :)
by Birdw
Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:17 am
Forum: Features Suggestions
Topic: Chat log
Replies: 2
Views: 2691

Chat log

Would it be possible to keep a log of the in-game chats? I'm getting older, and my memory is not what it used to be. I had one person, possibly two, tell me they were going on Holiday. It would be nice to be able to go back and look at a Chat log, so my forgetful self could remember ;)

This would ...

Go to advanced search