Search found 25 matches

by mheard
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:00 pm
Forum: Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985
Topic: The Road Ahead (Subject to change)
Replies: 68
Views: 6715

RE: The Road Ahead (Subject to change) - Camouflage

<t> Really fantastic Vietnam maps produced so far and I congratulate the development team.<br/>
<br/>
Is is possible to include a camouflage option?<br/>
<br/>
1) At scenario design units can be designated as having camouflage. This would increase their concealment level by X depending on ...
by mheard
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:22 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Big Yom Kippur scenario
Replies: 4
Views: 561

RE: Big Yom Kippur scenario

The wargamers club
Could you post a link to the file(s) for download. I have looked at the site but cannot find the specific game.

Thanks...
by mheard
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm
Forum: Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985
Topic: Dev Diary #09: CS Event Engine
Replies: 32
Views: 1907

RE: Dev Diary #09: CS Event Engine

Is the Event Engine contained within Middle East Version 2.00? If not, will it arrive as V2.01 or?

Many thanks...
by mheard
Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:48 am
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: JTCS Unit Viewer
Replies: 161
Views: 26653

RE: JTCS Unit Viewer

Arkady,

I too have windows 7 64 bit now and JTCS Unit Viewer won't work. Any news on a fix for this?

Thanks...
by mheard
Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: How possible would this be ?
Replies: 9
Views: 238

Increase of scale for maps/units for Street-Fighting

<t> Great as it is, INMHO JTCS is not very good for battles in large urban areas (Stalingrad, Berlin, Kharkov, Arnhem bridge and so on).<br/>
<br/>
The city maps look cramped and lack range of building features. There are no improved hex features that reflect reality. Height of buildings cannot be ...
by mheard
Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Can Units fire when loaded?
Replies: 9
Views: 265

RE: Can Units fire when loaded?

<r> Sorry RR - I didn't mean to be terse or rude with my reply to you.[:)]<br/>
<br/>
I thought Jason would be the person to know. However, I wondered if anyone out there can recall if this question has come up before and what was the result of any following debate.<br/>
<br/>
Thanks for your ...
by mheard
Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:53 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Can Units fire when loaded?
Replies: 9
Views: 265

RE: Can Units fire when loaded?

<r> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>I didn’t think that any unit could fire when loaded but I want to make absolutely sure that is the case for all three games. <br/>
<br/>
Borst50 – Actually I agree with you 100%. The rules as they are fine and I’m not advocating any change here. <br/>
<br/>
I do want to ...
by mheard
Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:16 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Can Units fire when loaded?
Replies: 9
Views: 265

RE: Can Units fire when loaded?

<r> I didn’t think that any unit could fire when loaded but I want to make absolutely sure that is the case for all three games.<br/>
<br/>
<B><s>[b]</s>Borst50<e>[/b]</e></B> – Actually I agree with you 100%<SM sm="00000436.gif">[sm=00000436.gif]</SM>. The rules as they are fine and I’m not ...
by mheard
Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:41 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Can Units fire when loaded?
Replies: 9
Views: 265

Can Units fire when loaded?

Technically, is there any reason why a loaded unit (other than artillery) cannot fire? How difficult would it be to allow this to happen?

Thanks,





Martin Heard[/b]
by mheard
Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: JsGME question
Replies: 7
Views: 263

RE: JsGME question

<r> Thanks Warhouse.<br/>
<br/>
Next question is where can I obtain the said JsGME and does it come with instructions of how to use it?<br/>
<br/>
I assume that if mods become available to download one can use the program to install these and then put back the original version. It works a ...
by mheard
Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:56 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Artillery Spotting
Replies: 97
Views: 5189

RE: Artillery Spotting

<r> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>No changes have been made to date as 1.05 is on the backburner until Modern Wars: Volume I is released. <br/>
<br/>
Jason Petho <e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
Will Modern Wars I have any changes to the way artillery is handled as per the many excellent suggestions made ...
by mheard
Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:43 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: JsGME question
Replies: 7
Views: 263

RE: JsGME question

JSGME.exe

What is this and what does it do?

Thanks,

Martin Heard
by mheard
Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:32 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Scenario backwards compatibility problems
Replies: 0
Views: 204

Scenario backwards compatibility problems

<r> One for Jason and other members of the developer team here perhaps...<SM sm="character0267.gif">[sm=character0267.gif]</SM><br/>
<br/>
There are, as I understand, potential problems with ensuring 'old' scenarios will still continue to work after functional changes have been made to the game ...
by mheard
Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:04 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: ARTILLERY - Views, & information wanted
Replies: 3
Views: 307

RE: ARTILLERY - Views, & information wanted

<r> [font="Times New Roman"]<SIZE size="4"><s>[size=4]</s>[font="Courier New"]<B><s>[b]</s>Naval Gunnery on land targets<e>[/b]</e></B><e>[/size]</e></SIZE><br/>
<br/>
<SIZE size="3"><s>[size=3]</s>Who knows anything about the accuracy of such artillery and the means used to order and control <br ...
by mheard
Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 am
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: ARTILLERY - Views, & information wanted
Replies: 3
Views: 307

ARTILLERY - Views, & information wanted

<r> <SIZE size="3"><s>[size=3]</s>I'm starting this thread in the hope that anyone who has views on how JTCS can be improved/changed with regard to the use of artillery can tell it like it is. This is not to put V1.05 wishlist posts in the 'wrong' place but to be a focus more general ideas and good ...
by mheard
Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:39 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Air Force support.
Replies: 29
Views: 766

RE: Game scale, game changes & aircraft again

<r> <SIZE size="3"><s>[size=3]</s>[font="Times New Roman"]Great, thanks a lot, Jason.<br/>
<br/>
Is is possible to have details as to what is going to be in V1.05 (definitely and probably) & what conceptually is going to be in V1.06? A clear idea of this I feel is very important for the JTCS ...
by mheard
Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:24 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Air Force support.
Replies: 29
Views: 766

RE: Game scale, game changes & aircraft again

<t> <br/>
Hi there Roadrunner!<br/>
<br/>
I think it would fair to say we do agree on more than disagree. The game has being going for more than what, eleven years, now? How many players are there worldwide I wonder?<br/>
<br/>
Many of the posts (particularly concerning mods) seem to generate ...
by mheard
Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:48 pm
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Air Force support.
Replies: 29
Views: 766

Game scale, game changes & aircraft again

<r> [font="Times New Roman"]<SIZE size="3"><s>[size=3]</s></SIZE><QUOTE><s>[quote]</s><SIZE size="3">Would the ability of the plane to attack wrong targets still be in effect? A plane taking out the wrong bridge would be interesting, indeed.</SIZE> <e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE><SIZE size="3"><br/>
<br ...
by mheard
Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:26 am
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Air Force support.
Replies: 29
Views: 766

RE: Air Force support. & game user wishlists

<r> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>there were changes in the game to sarisfy the few and not the many and those changes did turn some of the gamers off the series. Turned me off for a very long time<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
<SIZE size="2"><s>[size=2]</s>[font="Tahoma"][font="Times New Roman"]Hi there ...
by mheard
Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:39 am
Forum: John Tiller's Campaign Series
Topic: Air Force support.
Replies: 29
Views: 766

RE: Air Force support. & game user wishlists

<r> Hi OspreyV22,<br/>
<br/>
Operation Cobra and Monte Cassino come to mind for heavy bombers in direct support of ground forces.<br/>
<br/>
What I would like to see is the facility to have aircraft target an area which is not in line of sight and all units in the targeted hexes are attacked ...

Go to advanced search