Search found 304 matches

by LGKMAS
Wed Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: Naval support - what is it?
Replies: 29
Views: 1563

Re: Naval support - what is it?

Hi Yaab
Sorry to push a point but as I once wrote technical manuals for a living, I need to make sure what we are talking about. Clarify was everything and any misreading was a lawsuit in the making.
When you say all ships, do you mean every ship docked gets the 600 extra ?
I would love to believe ...
by LGKMAS
Wed Aug 19, 2026 6:53 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: Naval support - what is it?
Replies: 29
Views: 1563

Re: Naval support - what is it?

Okay, I understand the heavy unloading stuff.
But what does it mean per ship in normal cargo conditions?
I think we all agree that the upper limit on unloading per day per port is fixed. So a level 2 Port can only unload a max of 6250 per day.
But what does all this mean per ship?
First of all ...
by LGKMAS
Mon Aug 17, 2026 8:04 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: Naval support - what is it?
Replies: 29
Views: 1563

Naval support - what is it?

Okay, been playing for the last 8+ years, always Allied against the AI. I have tried to work out what Naval Support actually means. I know it says that one Naval support = 10 extra cargo handling. What does that mean?
Assume a Level 2 Port. cargo unloads at 200 per phase or 400 per day. Max cargo ...
by LGKMAS
Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:31 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: base values
Replies: 14
Views: 1449

Re: base values

Been doing some looking at base values, listing them at start values and maxed out values and a number of other issues. Still looking at the results. A couple of points are of interest.
Indochina seems a neutral area, neither side gets a multiplier of more than 1 except for Saigon. All the other ...
by LGKMAS
Tue May 14, 2024 11:05 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: base values
Replies: 14
Views: 1449

Re: base values

I understand that the multipliers do vary. '
but I am interested in the differences.
Wenchow has a multiplier for Japan of 10 while the allies have a multiplier of 1 Yet Foochow has a multiplier of 1 for the Japanese while the allies have a multiplier of 3. And Pucheng has a Japanese multiplier of ...
by LGKMAS
Fri May 10, 2024 6:19 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: base values
Replies: 14
Views: 1449

Re: base values

I was more interested in the oddities. Why Tahiti has such a large multiplier? Why Foochow has a 3 multiplier while Wenchow does, closer to Shanghai and the Home Islands only have a 1 multiplier?
I am sure there are a few quirks put in by the designers. I was just asking if anyone had done a review ...
by LGKMAS
Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: base values
Replies: 14
Views: 1449

base values

Hi all
Just having a browse through my bases and realised that, although I had known of the different values assigned to each side for bases, I hadn't quite grasped some of the finer points.
Early on I had a perceived need to drop an engr unit on Tahiti. Socotra was another, where I thought of using ...
by LGKMAS
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:48 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Naval support
Replies: 4
Views: 815

Re: Naval support

Thanks for that.
I had suspected they needed to land.
But 200 per SHIP? That seems awesome. I will start looking at all my units to see if they have Naval spt. I think the UD+SN BF have a naval support section.
by LGKMAS
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:51 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Naval support
Replies: 4
Views: 815

Naval support

Okay, working on the gtrand campaign. Not sure how or where to use naval support such as 2nd US Engr Amphib with 200 naval support points to their name.
How do I use them?
Are they kept on board ship, i.e. providing extra landing craft for the amphib TF? Are they best landed and therefore provide ...
by LGKMAS
Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:13 pm
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Cape Town supply convoys
Replies: 10
Views: 1581

Re: Cape Town supply convoys

One thing I always wondered about was that a number of these convoys have a Garrison Unit. What are they and how do you make them work?
regards
LGKMAS
by LGKMAS
Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:23 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Chinese air transport?
Replies: 6
Views: 927

Re: Chinese air transport?

Hi BBF
Not certain about the sharing of aircraft? If that were the case, then the Dutch, of which I have a small remnant, would surely have gotten P-40 replacements months ago as there are now over 200 P-40 earlier models in the pool and the USA has moved on to P-47. The only upgrade for the Dutch ...
by LGKMAS
Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:18 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Chinese air transport?
Replies: 6
Views: 927

Re: Chinese air transport?

Looking at the units, it is really weird.
The CNAC is listed as a USA Sdn under 14th AF. Definitely NOT CAF. Yet the figures for the Air Gp show the same C-46A losses that the air replacement screen shows, about 48 lost in Chinese service and the same for the CNAC. The USA figures are much smaller ...
by LGKMAS
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:29 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Chinese air transport?
Replies: 6
Views: 927

Re: Chinese air transport?

Okay, just noticed there is a C-46 group in 14th AF called CNAC, which somewhere I remember was actually Chinese National Air Corporation in real life. Don't know why it is 14th AF rather than CAF but still. Is this actually the only Chinese Tpt air group?
by LGKMAS
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:44 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Chinese air transport?
Replies: 6
Views: 927

Chinese air transport?

Going through the airplane replacement pool lists, I have noticed that there are sizeable pools of both DC-3 and C-46 listed against China. Yet the Chinese do not have any Tpt air groups. Scenario 6, btw.
So how do I get my hands on these 50 odd tpt planes?
by LGKMAS
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:48 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Logistics?
Replies: 8
Views: 1265

Re: Logistics?

Thank you. this is the first time I have had an intelligent reply to what mission speed means. No offence to other posters but this does make sense to me.
So, if I can offer a possible scenario. A Bombardment TF is ordered to bombard an enemy base. they will proceed at 5/4 which means a 10 hex speed ...
by LGKMAS
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:08 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Logistics?
Replies: 8
Views: 1265

Re: Logistics?

Okay
having had a look at the screens again I now have another question.
As answered, the two speeds shown are full speed and cruise speed. But each TF has three speed settings, full, cruise and mission.
What is mission speed and how do I find it?
by LGKMAS
Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:38 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Logistics?
Replies: 8
Views: 1265

Re: Logistics?

Thanks for the reply. I had a rough idea of how much each division took but with some of the smaller bases, I can keep them supplied with a weekly top up by LCM, rather than dedicate an LST or larger to that small task.
by LGKMAS
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:16 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Logistics?
Replies: 8
Views: 1265

Re: Logistics?

I Don't know what is going on these days but why has the usual reply function forcing me to a go to password system where i cannot reply to a simple post/
by LGKMAS
Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:47 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Logistics?
Replies: 8
Views: 1265

Logistics?

Okay, finally starting to look beyond battles etc and looking at the things that make battles happen.
I am seriously looking at trying to maximise my shipping and the Cargo TFs that are needed to give bases the supplies they need. Fuel supplies are another concern.
However, two questions before any ...
by LGKMAS
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:52 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Unable to save!
Replies: 13
Views: 2889

Re: Unable to save!

Okay
I bit the bullet, saved the three games I thought were okay and then uninstalled the whole WitPAE package. Then installed again from disk and download. Set up my switches as before.
Advantage, I now get the usual Op reports and Combat reports. The dreaded 5 Jan 44 has disappeared.
Downside! I ...

Go to advanced search