Search found 1520 matches

by Gilmer
Thu Aug 13, 2026 12:02 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 1 Series
Topic: UI Fix For 4k Displays
Replies: 35
Views: 32573

Re: UI Fix For 4k Displays

Gilmer wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:44 pm I tried to get this to work. I couldn't get it to work for me.
I am on Windows 11. I forgot I tried this. I tried it today and it works for me today.

I have DW2, but I don't know. It's interface is just not for me. Too much going on and I have no idea what I am doing. I'm going to play DWU.
by Gilmer
Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:38 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Yes sir, I have seen that. I played around with that before I got it to work as well.
by Gilmer
Fri Jul 24, 2026 9:40 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Never mind. I got it to progress to the next turn.
by Gilmer
Fri Jul 24, 2026 9:07 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

I do have another question, though. It keeps loading a save turn I don't have saved anymore.

On the first turn which was December 8 I saved the file as "December 8th, The Full Campaign".

But I have saved over that file and it now says "3rd Day, Full Campaign, Dec 9th".

But Tracker keeps loading ...
by Gilmer
Fri Jul 24, 2026 8:57 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

I got it working. I am not sure how I did it.

Here's what I did, though.

1. Today I read everything again and I hadn't installed Java 7 or Java 8.
2. After installing those, it still wasn't working.
3. I DID change Chris's target to java target of Java 8.
4. I played around with what save file I ...
by Gilmer
Thu Jul 23, 2026 12:40 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Yeah, I figured at some point, I'd probably have to go through all the steps again. But I was hoping at first it wouldn't be needed.
by Gilmer
Tue Jul 21, 2026 11:06 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

I know how to make a target in the properties. I had it pointing directly at the place that floydg had it. I installed Java exactly how it was described on the installation website. It is in the correct place. I then copied floydg's target file and it was doing what I said previously.

Since no one ...
by Gilmer
Tue Jul 21, 2026 12:35 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Hello,

This is the error message I get now. Maybe something is wrong with Java 6? (ignore the red triangle. I accidentally almost edited the picture).
Screenshot 2026-07-20 193340.jpg
Screenshot 2026-07-20 193340.jpg (338.92 KiB) Viewed 741 times
by Gilmer
Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:12 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Maybe I need to play around with it a bit. I put what my target was for my batch file, but maybe even after all that it still isn't targeting what I am expecting it to target.
by Gilmer
Mon Jul 20, 2026 1:23 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker AE News
Replies: 6483
Views: 326406

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with WITP Tracker. This is the error I am getting. I think it is saying it cannot find the Java.exe?

https://i.postimg.cc/0QwPr1xP/Screenshot-2026-07-19-201508.jpg

This is the directory of my Java files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

And here is the ...
by Gilmer
Sun Jul 19, 2026 11:46 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: WitPTracker News
Replies: 72
Views: 7656

Re: WitPTracker News

I'm pretty sure I need this. It took me 4 weeks to do my first turn on Dec 8th scenario full war. I'm working on Dec 9th and thought, "Hmm, I need a way to organize all this or turns will take 5 days at least."

I appreciate all the hard work that has gone on before I ever took the game up. I've ...
by Gilmer
Thu Jul 09, 2026 2:05 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: Is Seabee Alpha available anywhere?
Replies: 6
Views: 540

Re: Is Seabee Alpha available anywhere?

I played around with Seabee and also played around with the command line and got it to work pretty much on a widescreen monitor, a 4K TV.

It doesn't stretch to the whole screen, but it is a pretty good spread and I have access all the buttons.
by Gilmer
Fri Jul 03, 2026 10:24 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: When I played PacWar....
Replies: 3
Views: 329

Re: When I played PacWar....

Well, that kind of sucks lol.
by Gilmer
Fri Jul 03, 2026 3:53 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: When I played PacWar....
Replies: 3
Views: 329

When I played PacWar....

I think I set up a save right after Pearl Harbor and played several scenarios from there so as to not have to do all the things you have to do on the initial turn.

Does anyone do that with WITP-AE so as to save time and not have to go through the initial "setup" or are you so fast, you don't worry ...
by Gilmer
Wed Jul 01, 2026 12:21 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: A specific question on Kull's spreadsheet...
Replies: 11
Views: 818

Re: A specific question on Kull's spreadsheet...

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I search them out. There was one instance where I don't think an LCU was on the map yet, but as someone else said, this can be done in the first few days, so no worries. Also, if I miss one or two things and don't do them exactly on those 2 or 3 items out of 4600, then I ...
by Gilmer
Wed Jul 01, 2026 2:52 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: A specific question on Kull's spreadsheet...
Replies: 11
Views: 818

Re: A specific question on Kull's spreadsheet...

I've noticed, and I'm not criticizing/complaining and also I may be wrong, of slight differences between the spreadsheet and the actual locations of some units/ships.
by Gilmer
Wed Jul 01, 2026 2:51 am
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: OT: Real Life Connections to War in the Pacific
Replies: 32
Views: 3813

Re: OT: Real Life Connections to War in the Pacific

The one connection I have (possibly) of the list of men who died on the Arizona, there is someone with my same last name. It's a very unusual last name, so there's a decent chance I'm related to any of them in the USA. Did my section of the family know him? No. It surprised me when my aunt said she ...
by Gilmer
Fri Jun 19, 2026 7:20 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: Kull's Set up.... General question
Replies: 12
Views: 947

Re: Kull's Set up.... General question

There's a lot to remember! Taking notes definitely seems important.
by Gilmer
Thu Jun 18, 2026 9:44 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: A specific question on Kull's spreadsheet...
Replies: 11
Views: 818

Re: A specific question on Kull's spreadsheet...

pbiggar wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2026 9:18 pm I do not have the spreadsheet open right now, but it probably means to set the threat tolerance to "Absolute" so they will do their best to get away and not abort the mission because of Japanese air and naval superiority.
Ahh, that makes sense! Thank you.
by Gilmer
Thu Jun 18, 2026 9:44 pm
Forum: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
Topic: A specific question on Kull's spreadsheet...
Replies: 11
Views: 818

Re: A specific question on Kull's spreadsheet...

dr.hal wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2026 9:25 pm Are you chatting about turn 2 strategy? I was of the understanding that on turn 1 tha Allies can't create any new TFs... they can unite or split existing TFs but.....do I have this wrong?
The Kull spreadsheet is from Turn 2. It presupposes you already ran Turn 1 and got historical results.

Go to advanced search