Search found 5 matches

by QuemiTotl
Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game crash - Can anyone translate?
Replies: 10
Views: 452

RE: Game crash - Can anyone translate?

Everything else works fine. I play several other games and can play the mp3/vmv files in other players but not WMP.
Since WMP is a integrated part of Vista it can apparently only be repaired/reinstalled with a vista CD which I don't have.
by QuemiTotl
Fri May 10, 2013 11:19 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game crash - Can anyone translate?
Replies: 10
Views: 452

RE: Game crash - Can anyone translate?

Unfortunaly I have Vista and can't fix it that way.
If reinstalling WMP is the only solution I guess I have to wait playing this, apparently, great game till I need a reinstall of vista or finally get a new pc ... oh well
by QuemiTotl
Fri May 10, 2013 10:37 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game crash - Can anyone translate?
Replies: 10
Views: 452

RE: Game crash - Can anyone translate?

Tried the various sound and movie files in the game and it seems I can't play mp3 or vmv, both formats leads to the crash in my first post. Only the wav files will play without problems.

Tried installing a codec pack (k-lite) but same problem.
by QuemiTotl
Fri May 10, 2013 9:51 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game crash - Can anyone translate?
Replies: 10
Views: 452

RE: Game crash - Can anyone translate?

Have media player it's a part of vista and can't be removed.

If I try and install it it tells me there is a newer version and it wouldn't continue.
by QuemiTotl
Fri May 10, 2013 9:03 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game crash - Can anyone translate?
Replies: 10
Views: 452

Game crash - Can anyone translate?

<t> Recently bought the game and expansions but can't get it to start. <br/>
OS is Vista home premium SP2<br/>
<br/>
Keep getting this error:<br/>
Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.7.0.16<br/>
<br/>
20:54:34 9. maj 2013<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: En ekstern ...

Go to advanced search