Search found 127 matches

by TheeWarLord
Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:25 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 2682
Views: 244201

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Greetings,
Quick question? Is it recommended to place some of your air units at rest after the air phase has been completed. Then reactivate after the logistics phase before air planning? Does this save supplies, this on and off tactic? Or are the results negligible? How much improvement would ...
by TheeWarLord
Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:39 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 2682
Views: 244201

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Thanks for the prompt reply to my inquiry. That’s a pity. I would like to purposely pound enemy HQ’s with my air power and tally up generals killed. It’s macabre in me. ;)
by TheeWarLord
Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:01 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 2682
Views: 244201

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Greetings, what’s the quickest and surest way to find killed enemy generals? I was referred to the commanders report but that just indicates your side of killed personnel.
by TheeWarLord
Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:11 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 2682
Views: 244201

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Glad you started this thread, a new player here. I agree with your rationale on projecting air power. On turn 1 and after, I’ve moved up the Romanians and Hungarian AF close to the front. I’ve also moved up my Luftwaffe as I advance into the interior of Russia. Some differ on this, but I am a big ...
by TheeWarLord
Tue Sep 15, 2026 3:24 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Any advice for learning the game?
Replies: 12
Views: 850

Re: Any advice for learning the game?

Greetings,
Just the fact that you sunk your teeth into this monster of a game is half the battle. I also recently purchased this monstrosity and I’m hooked. Have you watched any of the YouTube tutorials? They are very useful, reduce some of the anxiety and they are also entertaining. For myself ...
by TheeWarLord
Mon Sep 14, 2026 5:51 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 2682
Views: 244201

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Thank for quick reply to my inquiries. These weren’t actually quick questions. Anyone care to chime in on the manpower issue? How important is to alleviate a high damage number or is this related to production to that city/hex or is related to all repairs?
by TheeWarLord
Mon Sep 14, 2026 3:04 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 2682
Views: 244201

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Construction units, what is the optimal way to utilize these SU’s, For example, If I use an AP to fix a port, do I have to send a construction SU there as well? How do you utilize road construction SU’s? If you use an AP to repair a railway or port, does that also reduce the damaged manpower? Or is ...
by TheeWarLord
Sun Sep 13, 2026 4:16 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: OP Russian Air Force 1941
Replies: 9
Views: 623

Re: OP Russian Air Force 1941

GS is and has been use. I’ve modified my air attacks and basically hug the air escorts, last mission was 6k + sorties with 100 aircraft losses 1/3 operational. This is acceptable.
by TheeWarLord
Fri Sep 11, 2026 1:17 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: OP Russian Air Force 1941
Replies: 9
Views: 623

Re: OP Russian Air Force 1941

On topic, what would be more effective for bomber protection, establishing air superiority
over your bombing targets or straight escorts?
by TheeWarLord
Thu Sep 10, 2026 5:43 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: OP Russian Air Force 1941
Replies: 9
Views: 623

Re: OP Russian Air Force 1941

Interesting, but aren’t the remaining Soviet AF, for the most part obsolete? I really enjoy combined arms operations. I’ll hug my escorts, and see if there is a difference. Thanks for the reply.
by TheeWarLord
Thu Sep 10, 2026 12:30 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: OP Russian Air Force 1941
Replies: 9
Views: 623

OP Russian Air Force 1941

Greetings,
What’s with the Russian fighters mauling my bombers on t3, and t4. I wiped out 3600 hundred Russian aircraft on t1.
Resumed air operations on t3 and t4 and suffered horrendous bomber and aircraft losses on a handful of air missions. I understand you should escort your missions, but ...
by TheeWarLord
Sun Sep 06, 2026 6:38 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: German 2nd Army activation
Replies: 9
Views: 1384

Re: German 2nd Army activation

Thank you, I had found it. I thought it was a reinforcement.
by TheeWarLord
Sat Sep 05, 2026 8:09 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Possible game option problems and next beta
Replies: 5
Views: 463

Re: Possible game option problems and next beta

I believe this glitch may have affected my message delay level from 2 to 4, doubling my settings. This occurred about a week ago or ten days. Couldn’t understand initially why this setting was changed, and I don’t how I could have mistakenly changed it. Looked over my settings this seemed to be the ...
by TheeWarLord
Thu Sep 03, 2026 7:27 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Multiplayer Save Scumming Detection?
Replies: 5
Views: 601

Re: Multiplayer Save Scumming Detection?

Thank you for the prompt reply about this issue. It’s all good and dandy that Matrux can access the logs and give notice for abuse. But it would timely and efficient if players can have an in-game message on number of reloads and undo moves. Certainty, this would be greatly appreciated in a future ...
by TheeWarLord
Fri Aug 28, 2026 8:14 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Multiplayer Save Scumming Detection?
Replies: 5
Views: 601

Re: Multiplayer Save Scumming Detection?

That’s what I thought “scumming” meant. Never seen it called that. It’s just cheating. This should be an easy fix, in TOAW IV PBEM, it tells how many times your opponent has reloaded his play turn, and during replay there is an annoying beep which indicates an undo move. Certainly this could ...
by TheeWarLord
Fri Aug 28, 2026 7:54 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: German 2nd Army activation
Replies: 9
Views: 1384

Re: German 2nd Army activation

For the 2nd Army. Hqrts.
by TheeWarLord
Thu Aug 27, 2026 6:16 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: German 2nd Army activation
Replies: 9
Views: 1384

Re: German 2nd Army activation

Is there an army level headquarters unit in the game? I looked for and couldn’t find it in OOB or commanders report.
by TheeWarLord
Thu Aug 27, 2026 4:06 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Multiplayer Save Scumming Detection?
Replies: 5
Views: 601

Re: Multiplayer Save Scumming Detection?

What is “scumming”?
by TheeWarLord
Sun Aug 23, 2026 10:12 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 2682
Views: 244201

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Quick question? What is the recommended altitude to fly air superiority missions for the German fighters and in general?
by TheeWarLord
Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:34 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2
Topic: Question about the Bialystok-Minsk pocket, and pockets in general
Replies: 4
Views: 718

Re: Question about the Bialystok-Minsk pocket, and pockets in general

1. Create gaps/holes with the infantry, and start pushing through the panzers. I also push as much infantry as well to keep them close to the far flung armor. This will support the flanks of panzers and relief them of containment.
2. I start reducing the pocket on day 1 with any available infantry ...

Go to advanced search