Search found 21 matches

by StreetF16
Mon Aug 10, 2026 2:18 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: SEAD
Replies: 0
Views: 419

SEAD

How about a SEAD mod to TOAW 4? This would work similar to interdiction. In this case any SEAD-capable air units that are assigned to perform SEAD would automatically attack enemy radar-guided SAMs that are set to active. An alternative would be that SEAD air units in the same stack as attacking ...
by StreetF16
Mon Aug 10, 2026 2:17 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: SEAD
Replies: 0
Views: 264

SEAD

How about a SEAD mod to TOAW 4? This would work similar to interdiction. In this case any SEAD-capable air units that are assigned to perform SEAD would automatically attack enemy radar-guided SAMs that are set to active. An alternative would be that SEAD air units in the same stack as attacking ...
by StreetF16
Mon Aug 10, 2026 2:17 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: SEAD
Replies: 0
Views: 244

SEAD

How about a SEAD mod to TOAW 4? This would work similar to interdiction. In this case any SEAD-capable air units that are assigned to perform SEAD would automatically attack enemy radar-guided SAMs that are set to active. An alternative would be that SEAD air units in the same stack as attacking ...
by StreetF16
Mon Aug 10, 2026 2:17 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: SEAD
Replies: 0
Views: 261

SEAD

How about a SEAD mod to TOAW 4? This would work similar to interdiction. In this case any SEAD-capable air units that are assigned to perform SEAD would automatically attack enemy radar-guided SAMs that are set to active. An alternative would be that SEAD air units in the same stack as attacking ...
by StreetF16
Mon Aug 10, 2026 2:16 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: SEAD
Replies: 0
Views: 243

SEAD

How about a SEAD mod to TOAW 4? This would work similar to interdiction. In this case any SEAD-capable air units that are assigned to perform SEAD would automatically attack enemy radar-guided SAMs that are set to active. An alternative would be that SEAD air units in the same stack as attacking ...
by StreetF16
Fri Dec 27, 2024 8:16 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [Logged] Problem setting minimum altitude
Replies: 10
Views: 729

Re: [Logged] Problem setting minimum altitude

Still having low altitude issues in Dec 2024. Regardless of having the TF box checked or not, I often cannot get even Ace level a/c to fly below 1000' using either the alt slider or the manual alt text box. Seems hit or miss, sometimes a full reinstall from Steam fixes the issue.
by StreetF16
Mon May 02, 2022 3:35 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Sea Interdiction with Antiship Missiles
Replies: 11
Views: 1199

Re: Sea Interdiction with Antiship Missiles

And I have the same negative results with a modified Anonymous Heroics scenario, using the standard eqp file.
by StreetF16
Sun May 01, 2022 5:35 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Sea Interdiction with Antiship Missiles
Replies: 11
Views: 1199

Re: Sea Interdiction with Antiship Missiles

sPzAbt653

I used the same Heavy Coastal ASM in my tests, with the same results. Will try again using regular artillery.
by StreetF16
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:52 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Sea Interdiction with Antiship Missiles
Replies: 11
Views: 1199

Re: Sea Interdiction with Antiship Missiles

I've seen this with both the Taiwan 2016 and Anonymous Heroes scenarios. I tried adjusting the naval attrition divider, no change in results. Also tried changing the ASM unit icon--coastal artillery, missile artillery, even an air unit. In all cases it will see the enemy unit and attack, but never ...
by StreetF16
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:47 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Sea Interdiction with Antiship Missiles
Replies: 11
Views: 1199

Sea Interdiction with Antiship Missiles

I can't seem to get ASMs to do any damage to enemy ships or troops moving by sea transport. They will attack many times when the enemy moves in range, but never do damage. The TOALog doesn't seem to shed any light on it. I've even tried bumping the ASM attack strength up to extremely high values ...
by StreetF16
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Air Attack
Replies: 0
Views: 432

Air Attack

<t> Is there any way to select a single unit in a stack as the target for planned air attack? I have not been able to find this capability; it seems that air attack is peanut-butter spread across the entire stack much the same as artillery. Scud targets the only exception I've seen, they get ...
by StreetF16
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:20 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [Logged] Aircraft Formations
Replies: 14
Views: 1205

RE: Aircraft Formations

I did a little more playtesting. The version 11153 CMO seems to work fine for aircraft formations; but the patched 11474 version does not. Maybe it will get repaired in a future patch?
by StreetF16
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:58 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Optics1 through 4 in Equipment Editor?
Replies: 3
Views: 478

RE: Optics1 through 4 in Equipment Editor?

One discovery -- in section 19.2 of the game manual is an anti-armor table that uses the nomenclature "Targeting+," "Targeting++," etc. Based on playtesting, this corresponds exactly to "Optics1," "Optics2," etc.
by StreetF16
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:24 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Optics1 through 4 in Equipment Editor?
Replies: 3
Views: 478

RE: Optics1 through 4 in Equipment Editor?

<t> Copy that, thanks. I also notice that the newer F-4s, the F-15E, F-111, and F-18 all have various levels of optics in the standard DB. And the F-111 has standoff weapons checked, which I believe reduces the vulnerability to AA weapons. I'll have to try some play-testing in various day/night ...
by StreetF16
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:50 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Optics1 through 4 in Equipment Editor?
Replies: 3
Views: 478

Optics1 through 4 in Equipment Editor?

<t> Is there any definitive guidance on what Optics1 through 4 control? The manual is not specific, and so far I can't find anything definitive in the other download guidance or here in the Forum. I'm mainly interested in what they might do for aircraft attacking surface targets, as I'm in the ...
by StreetF16
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:18 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: MOVED: Aircraft Formations
Replies: 0
Views: 190

MOVED: Aircraft Formations

Tech Support: fb.asp?m=4891752
by StreetF16
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:59 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [Logged] Aircraft Formations
Replies: 14
Views: 1205

[Logged] Aircraft Formations

<t> I can't find anywhere in either CMO or CMANO that fighters can be programmed to fly proper tactical formations such as line abreast, sensor trail, etc. The only discussions I've found in the manuals address ship formations, and for aircraft just how to designate a formation lead.<br/>
<br/>
I ...
by StreetF16
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:11 am
Forum: The Operational Art of War IV
Topic: Bombing and artillery targeting
Replies: 6
Views: 553

RE: Bombing and artillery targeting

<t> Thanks, that helps a bit. But what I'm really after is a way to specify target priority for air attacks. I don't see any way, for example, to target an SA-6 first then go after the remaining ground units on the hex. Or hit all the arty first, before wasting bombs on enemy trucks. Etc...<br ...
by StreetF16
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:04 pm
Forum: The Operational Art of War IV
Topic: Bombing and artillery targeting
Replies: 6
Views: 553

Bombing and artillery targeting

Does anyone know of a way for aircraft or artillery to target specific units in a stack? I can't find any options besides area bombing the entire hex, with damage getting spread across all enemy units in it.
by StreetF16
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:43 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Determining fixed wing aircraft AA and DF values
Replies: 37
Views: 2678

RE: Determining fixed wing aircraft AA and DF values

<t> A TOAW IV newbie question that may apply to this thread -- does the DF value apply to both air-to-air combat and defense against anti-aircraft weapons? If so then in many cases it will need to be a compromise.<br/>
<br/>
Also -- while some modern SAMs are included in the game, there is no ...

Go to advanced search