Search found 12 matches

by MGK4167
Tue Apr 22, 2025 5:54 am
Forum: Armored Brigade II: Mods
Topic: Changing the weather defaults
Replies: 1
Views: 2101

Changing the weather defaults

For those of us who live the other side of the Equator, how can the weather defaults be changed please? Specifically, I want to change the defaults so that Summer is Dec/Jan/Feb and Winter Jun/Jul/Aug. Thank you. Michael
by MGK4167
Thu Mar 20, 2025 10:02 pm
Forum: Armored Brigade II: Maps and Map Making
Topic: Making my first ABII map, and I have questions!
Replies: 21
Views: 8741

Re: Making my first ABII map, and I have questions!

Thank you Veitikka for your quick reply,

I did not express myself well. I have been able to download the file from your excellent map-making tutorial, but I cannot understand how to use it in QGIS. In the old version of QGIS you could Load a style, as shown in your tutorial. But a Load option is ...
by MGK4167
Wed Mar 19, 2025 8:41 pm
Forum: Armored Brigade II: Maps and Map Making
Topic: Making my first ABII map, and I have questions!
Replies: 21
Views: 8741

Re: Making my first ABII map, and I have questions!

Ok team, I'm stuck. I would appreciate some help

I am using QGIS 3.42.
I have managed to make a gray raster cut of the area I need, with heights -6 to 709. So far so good.
I colour it red, which works fine, up to 255m. It works fine in Armor Bde and Armor Bde II, but only gives me contours to 255m ...
by MGK4167
Fri Jan 24, 2025 10:46 pm
Forum: Armored Brigade II
Topic: Map Creation
Replies: 20
Views: 5695

Re: Map Creation

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Exactly what I was after!
by MGK4167
Fri Jan 24, 2025 8:30 pm
Forum: Armored Brigade II
Topic: Map Creation
Replies: 20
Views: 5695

Re: Map Creation

Ben (or anyone else),

I would really appreciate a link to the Map Making guide that you are using. I can't seem to find the old ones from Armored Brigade. Any hints for how to update for Armored Brigade II would be also appreciated.

Thanks

Michael
by MGK4167
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:30 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns Classic
Topic: Changing Map Values in Southern Storm
Replies: 1
Views: 4857

Changing Map Values in Southern Storm

I have just purchased Southern Storm. Looks great!

One thing I wanted to test is whether my old custom maps could be used. I copied them across to the 'Custom' map folder in SS and then opened the game. I clicked on 'Map Values' and opened the map. I saved the map and then scanned map values ...
by MGK4167
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:50 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: Making aircraft 'see' better
Replies: 1
Views: 484

Making aircraft 'see' better

<t> I've modded a Vampire to try and act like a UAV. By increasing the sprite scale to 50 it looks small enough to be one. I've done the same with a scout helicopter for an S100 RW UAV.<br/>
<br/>
The problem is they can't see anything. Even flying directly over vehicles they just report back a ...
by MGK4167
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:33 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: Era beyond 1991
Replies: 2
Views: 716

RE: Era beyond 1991

<t> Thanks nikolas93TS<br/>
<br/>
I played around with it and figured it out. Where I was stuck was that you can't seem to cut and paste a new era for a faction but, once all the parameters are entered and saved, works fine.<br/>
<br/>
So, I'm able now to play games showing the current date.<br ...
by MGK4167
Sun May 31, 2020 8:10 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: Era beyond 1991
Replies: 2
Views: 716

Era beyond 1991

I note in the database editor that there is an 'era' tab. How do I add a new era please? Specifically, I would like to be able to create a database with the current year and month.
by MGK4167
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:03 pm
Forum: Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum
Topic: Loading troops
Replies: 2
Views: 877

Loading troops

<t> Team<br/>
<br/>
Can a transport unit load more than one unit? For example, I have an M113 and its infantry section is represented as two fire teams, each of four men. It loads one of the teams but not the other. When I make them a single unit of eight men, it loads all it ok. Is there a way of ...
by MGK4167
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:16 am
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: New Sprite guide
Replies: 23
Views: 11743

RE: New Sprite guide

Brilliant! Did the trick!
Thank you for your prompt and useful response.

Cheers
by MGK4167
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:43 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: New Sprite guide
Replies: 23
Views: 11743

RE: New Sprite guide

<t> Team<br/>
<br/>
I've found out how to move the location of the turret around the hull, and how to move the commander so that he appears over his hatch, but can I change the point of rotation of the turret itself? The turret seems to rotate around the centre of the turret png but, because of ...

Go to advanced search