Search found 26 matches

by bsmithwins
Mon Jul 06, 2026 4:23 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Q. Night vision goggles
Replies: 4
Views: 915

Re: Q. Night vision goggles

Is movement affecting detection? I'd have a hard time spotting too while moving at a rapid walk
by bsmithwins
Tue Jun 23, 2026 2:40 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Path length
Replies: 2
Views: 780

Re: Path length

Try F2 and then go to waypoint using the arrows on the pop up menu. That has the distance info.
by bsmithwins
Fri Apr 17, 2026 12:41 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Tides of War first impressions
Replies: 36
Views: 8238

Re: Tides of War first impressions


I am finding some issues with mission 5. Without going into details which can give away spoilers, the issues are as follows:

1) When scenario starts, all of my naval assets from the previous mission are all missing (ships and subs).
2) Air assets lost in the previous mission are all replenished ...
by bsmithwins
Wed May 28, 2025 12:48 am
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: EMCOM in Warships
Replies: 6
Views: 782

Re: EMCOM in Warships

In the gulf of Aden? You're probably already spotted, turn your radars on so you can see what's coming to kill you.

In general, if you're stronger, radiate. If you're weaker, keep quiet.

To use an analogy:

If you're hunting with a rifle at night and you have a flashlight, you can shine your ...
by bsmithwins
Fri Mar 21, 2025 7:03 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: How to prevent enemy planes from taking off from the airfield?
Replies: 10
Views: 1828

Re: How to prevent enemy planes from taking off from the airfield?




The first question is: In what timeframe is your scenario? In the Coldwar NATO and the WP had units to repair damages. But probably Brazil did not.
Nowadays many airforces in Europe discarded these capabilities and it is unclear who can do what.



That is very true but the capability is ...
by bsmithwins
Wed Mar 12, 2025 11:18 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: OECM in an Anti-Scouting Role?
Replies: 2
Views: 594

Re: OECM in an Anti-Scouting Role?

I use ECM against recon aircraft all the time.

I know the scripting isn't that smart but if I am emitting I try to have only one asset use one radar that's a common type. If I light off a SPS-39 you know there is a warship out there, but that radar type could be on anything from a carrier to a ...
by bsmithwins
Sun Feb 09, 2025 4:39 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Looking for feedback on Cold War scenario ideas
Replies: 7
Views: 1145

Re: Looking for feedback on Cold War scenario ideas

Background for a plausible Turkey/Sov clash: The Soviets have been funding/are accused by Turkey of funding Kurdish terrorist groups, who have recently pulled off a successful attack.

If Turkey attacks the Soviet Union then I don't think that article 5 is invokable, leaving you with a Turkey/SU ...
by bsmithwins
Tue Nov 12, 2024 12:26 am
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: How to set up an effective AAW patrol mission?
Replies: 6
Views: 1113

Re: How to set up an effective AAW patrol mission?

The radar that was shoehorned into the F4 early models had a lot of limitations, no look down mode being only one of them. Use F4s more like you would Mig21s - GCI using radar from other assets is how you're going to be most effective
by bsmithwins
Tue Nov 05, 2024 9:18 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: If possible what is the best option to run CMO on a M Series Mac?
Replies: 3
Views: 1412

Re: If possible what is the best option to run CMO on a M Series Mac?

I’m running it on Parallels on my ARM Mac. Runs reasonably fast and very few problems.
by bsmithwins
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:55 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [FIXED] How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?
Replies: 18
Views: 1529

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Save file from right after the zombie SARH makes the kill.
by bsmithwins
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:16 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Newbie question sprint and drift
Replies: 3
Views: 529

Re: Newbie question sprint and drift

A couple of potential things might be going on.
1) Sprint & drift applies only the ship that's selected when you're using formation editor, not the whole formation.
2) If the speed is too high there won't be any time to drift.
3) For individual ships, you need to have a speed selected for the ...
by bsmithwins
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:15 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Cruise missiles with countermeasures
Replies: 3
Views: 1227

Re: Cruise missiles with countermeasures

Several of the Soviet/Russian big ASMs have DECM jammers built in and are modeled. If you look at the weapons endgame messages you'll see the DECM in action when trying to shoot them down.
by bsmithwins
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:33 am
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Formation Editor?
Replies: 5
Views: 811

Re: Formation Editor?

I am on 1.05.1307 off of Steam
Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 17.31.19.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 17.31.19.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 688 times
by bsmithwins
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:23 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Formation Editor?
Replies: 5
Views: 811

Re: Formation Editor?

I have a ghosted 'assign' button that's active when I select a unit. However I can't seem to do anything with it.

BSW
by bsmithwins
Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:08 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Formation Editor?
Replies: 5
Views: 811

Formation Editor?

How do I invoke the new formations that are available now?

I've looked at the 3.3.5 Formation Editor section in the manual and it was not helpful.

I see the dropdown for the formation types but when I select it the ships don't get updated stations.

BSW
by bsmithwins
Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:22 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: BVR Engagement Logic & Boost-Coast missiles
Replies: 29
Views: 7332

Re: BVR Engagement Logic & Boost-Coast missiles

Does launch speed and altitude factor into missile range calculation?

If I launch from max speed and height do I get an advantage?

BSW
by bsmithwins
Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:58 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Confused by ABM defense
Replies: 1
Views: 444

Confused by ABM defense

I am playing To Kill the Queen (USN vs PLAN) and hey are shooting at me with ASBMs, which I kind of expected and I have SAMs for. But the SAM behavior is pretty wonky, with SM6s firing off in all kinds of directions and leakers getting through and killing ships.

Here are a couple of screenshots ...
by bsmithwins
Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:18 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [FIXED] Aircraft loses loadout after Ferry mission
Replies: 9
Views: 1261

Re: Aircraft loses loadout after Ferry mission


That is from the scenario attached by HalfLifeExpert.

OK
My guess this is not LOST on landing, but rather some error happens after the ammunition sent into the storage first then take out. (Probably some formula error on one of the program line? :lol: )

Will do more testing later.


Is there a ...
by bsmithwins
Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:04 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [FIXED] Aircraft loses loadout after Ferry mission
Replies: 9
Views: 1261

Re: Aircraft loses loadout after Ferry mission


Interesting
They lost one piece of HARM, one SPICE 2000 , one SPICE 1000 , one AMRAAM and one IRST during landing?

CMO loadout bug.jpg


Do you have a save game? I'd report that as a bug.

I have used close by airfields to refuel armed aircraft before multiple times, particularly long range ...
by bsmithwins
Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:07 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [FIXED] Aircraft loses loadout after Ferry mission
Replies: 9
Views: 1261

Re: Aircraft loses loadout after Ferry mission

Tcao wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:06 pm I will take a test later today. Here is my guess: drop tank are depleted in the air so they are counted as lost equipment.
From what I remember drop are always 'available' and don't get depleted. BSW

Go to advanced search