Search found 105 matches

by Mark352
Fri Sep 11, 2026 2:07 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)
Replies: 46
Views: 2550

Re: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)




I did. I had three EC-707 and along with three Gulfstream G550 AEW deployed. The record is unclear on how many of these aircraft were used. I may have deviated from history on that.



I asked because the out of comms units may ditch due to fuel, not important if the Turkish F-16s did not ...
by Mark352
Thu Sep 10, 2026 12:58 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)
Replies: 46
Views: 2550

Re: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)

Nikel wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2026 7:28 am You did not use Israel Comms Jammers?
I did. I had three EC-707 and along with three Gulfstream G550 AEW deployed. The record is unclear on how many of these aircraft were used. I may have deviated from history on that.
by Mark352
Wed Sep 09, 2026 11:27 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)
Replies: 46
Views: 2550

Re: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)

I like playing and experimenting with historical recreations. A scenario recreating Operation Orchard is right in my wheelhouse. It took several tries to achieve a victory. First attempt was failure with only 15 points. Another attempt I got 115 points. Finally I achieved major victory with 250 ...
by Mark352
Fri Sep 04, 2026 7:05 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [LOGGED] B1892 NNZ Angle Circling
Replies: 3
Views: 263

Re: [LOGGED] B1892 NNZ Angle Circling

This worked fine in v1.10 Build 1900.8 in game mode on Steam. Aircraft made it to the patrol area with no issue.
by Mark352
Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:16 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)
Replies: 46
Views: 2550

Re: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)

Has the scenario been played outside of the editor? I asked because using flight plans won't work properly with the No-Nav Zones in game mode, but will work properly in editor mode. In game mode aircraft linger at WP2/3 and won't proceed. In editor mode, they move as they should. I'm trying to use ...
by Mark352
Tue Aug 25, 2026 2:42 am
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)
Replies: 46
Views: 2550

Re: Al Kibar strike 2007

Knightpawn wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2026 7:14 pm Much appreciated. Thanks a lot
You're welcome. Cheers
by Mark352
Mon Aug 24, 2026 3:55 pm
Forum: Mods and Scenarios
Topic: Al Kibar strike 2007 (for testing)
Replies: 46
Views: 2550

Re: Al Kibar strike 2007


Is there a scenario about Israel's strike of Al Kibar site in Syria back in 2007? If not, I am considering taking upon the task.


I have played around with that mission, but never really created a finished scenario. Here is a custom layer for the Al Kibar site I had filed away, pre-strike from ...
by Mark352
Mon Aug 10, 2026 4:29 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: New version of GMap.Net, how import maps without legends?
Replies: 29
Views: 10052

Re: RE: New version of GMap.Net, how import maps without legends?

I agree with Kushan. You should be using either QGIS or SAS.Planet for custom overlays. I regularly use QGIS. There might be a bit of a learning curve. If all you want to do is create custom overlays you should be able to start making them fairly quickly. There might some instructions already posted ...
by Mark352
Tue Jul 28, 2026 10:53 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [LOGGED] "Distributed" SAM site with datalinked weapons unable to guide & launch correctly
Replies: 9
Views: 496

Re: [Q]Can a SAM Site Be Created With Individually Group Units?


After another interesting trial and error session with the AI, this code seems to be successful.

May you try it?


As you have seen, the code runs successfully, but attaches a Grave Stone to TEL 6 allowing just TEL 6 to launch. It does not connect the Grave Stone that is attached to the Command ...
by Mark352
Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:35 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Hit Hard Hit Fast tips
Replies: 32
Views: 2548

Re: Hit Hard Hit Fast tips


I've passed the scenario. In the end I had to do a bit of micro to make sure assigned aircraft hit targets, as quite a few would do one pass without dropping. But unassigning them and manually targeting both occupied revetments and hangars seems to have paid off.

Thanks for all the help everyone ...
by Mark352
Mon Jul 27, 2026 3:42 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [LOGGED] "Distributed" SAM site with datalinked weapons unable to guide & launch correctly
Replies: 9
Views: 496

[LOGGED] "Distributed" SAM site with datalinked weapons unable to guide & launch correctly

There has been some conversation about this recently on Discord and Dimitris suggested a post to the Tech Forum in the event that the devs might want to take a look. So here goes.

I have experimented with trying to create a functioning SAM site that is made up of individual units and grouped ...
by Mark352
Wed Jul 22, 2026 8:58 pm
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Hit Hard Hit Fast tips
Replies: 32
Views: 2548

Re: Hit Hard Hit Fast tips


One thing I'm not too sure about, I do my recce work on a couple of airfields to the west. After this I update the target list for my strikes to hit the occupied revetments. But, these flights are already planned and sometimes in the air. To add these new targets do I need to regenerate the flight ...
by Mark352
Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:14 pm
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Hit Hard Hit Fast tips
Replies: 32
Views: 2548

Re: Hit Hard Hit Fast tips



There is also an Air Campaign book published by Osprey. Can be previewed in Google books.

I wonder if the astonishing results the Israeli side managed to get in the war, can be accomplished in the scenario, anyone?


I have that book. It does have some good information for the Israeli strike ...
by Mark352
Fri Jul 10, 2026 2:18 pm
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Hit Hard Hit Fast tips
Replies: 32
Views: 2548

Re: Hit Hard Hit Fast tips

I haven't played this one for a while, but it is one of my favorite scenarios. IIRC I have never gotten more than 500 points. Very challenging scenario and a good one to learn how to manage multiple strikes. Time to revisit and play it with the latest build.
by Mark352
Fri Jun 26, 2026 9:20 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [ADDED] Realistic ASW and Sonobuoy Use?
Replies: 10
Views: 2232

Re: [ADDED] Realistic ASW and Sonobuoy Use?

Jeffrey Pelt: Mr. Ambassador, you have nearly a hundred naval vessels operating in the North Atlantic right now. Your aircraft has dropped enough sonar buoys so that a man could walk from Greenland to Iceland to Scotland without getting his feet wet. Now, shall we dispense with the bull?
Ambassador ...
by Mark352
Thu May 14, 2026 12:11 am
Forum: Lua Legion
Topic: Database reference codes for ships
Replies: 5
Views: 824

Re: Database reference codes for ships

Nikel wrote: Wed May 13, 2026 2:36 pm There is a P Gatcomb tutorial explaining those numbers.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc4pohpgRmU
Just watched that video. Thanks for posting it.
by Mark352
Wed May 13, 2026 1:53 pm
Forum: Lua Legion
Topic: Database reference codes for ships
Replies: 5
Views: 824

Re: Database reference codes for ships


I've seen in scripts ships referred by the codes shown in the example below:

Chinese Type 054A Frigate (2495_4928|17470 and 2495_3731|5431)

Thanks.


Off the top of my head I can't tell what those numbers might be referring too from that snippet. It you post the script the snippet came from it ...
by Mark352
Mon May 04, 2026 12:11 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [RESOLVED] Build 1859 beta on Steam?
Replies: 12
Views: 1090

Re: Build 1859 beta on Steam?

thewood1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2026 11:57 am I think its not just the browser. Its the security settings on the browser. There is a difference between Chrome defaults and Edge.
That makes sense. I don't typically use Edge but, for downloading 1852 it worked fine.
by Mark352
Wed Apr 29, 2026 4:16 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Trump Class Guided Missile Battleships
Replies: 14
Views: 2730

Re: Trump Class Guided Missile Battleships


As a practical, technical and mission-relevant matter, what do people think of this? Unclear if these will ever get built, but the stated goal is two of them by 2028. Are we entering a new golden age for the battleship? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump-class_battleship


I don’t believe ship ...

Go to advanced search