Search found 13017 matches

by Speedysteve
Fri Aug 14, 2026 9:09 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download
Replies: 21
Views: 5496

Re: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download

CHAINSAW1958 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2026 8:45 am
Speedysteve wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2026 5:32 pm Latest update sample for 1.06.02. Turn 19. 4 bomber stream attack on Cologne and suburbs. Decoy further north. 41 bombers lost out of 964
Is the date 17 Sep 1943 plus 19 days (ie 1943 Campaign) pre FuG 220? or some other scenario ?
Yes 43 campaign start
by Speedysteve
Fri Aug 14, 2026 9:09 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download
Replies: 21
Views: 5496

Re: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download

warshipbuilder wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:34 pm 4% loss rate is fair and reasonable.
I know. I’m just reporting the data and results. Not saying it’s good or bad
by Speedysteve
Mon Aug 10, 2026 5:32 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download
Replies: 21
Views: 5496

Re: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download

Latest update sample for 1.06.02. Turn 19. 4 bomber stream attack on Cologne and suburbs. Decoy further north. 41 bombers lost out of 964
by Speedysteve
Fri Aug 07, 2026 1:05 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download
Replies: 21
Views: 5496

Re: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download


News flash people. It wasn't uncommon for the NJG to attack in pairs. One would attract the attention of the gunners and the other would hit the bomber. Now maybe the game is excessive in that regard, but it is not historically inaccurate.


I'm not involved in development or testing of the game ...
by Speedysteve
Fri Aug 07, 2026 1:02 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: Excessive Losses?
Replies: 14
Views: 2861

Re: Excessive Losses?

I think we all know that BC suffered some high losses on particular raids. I don't think it's up for debate that it should be possible to achieve them. I think the key thing is ensuring the game model doesn't mean high losses are achieved on any night raid regardless of what the Allies do when.
by Speedysteve
Fri Aug 07, 2026 12:59 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download
Replies: 21
Views: 5496

Re: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download

New update. 855 bomber raid on Hannover. 10 bomber losses
by Speedysteve
Thu Aug 06, 2026 5:42 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: Excessive Losses?
Replies: 14
Views: 2861

Re: Excessive Losses?


"... I've recently started a new Campaign as Allies vs AI on BTR. I'm only upto day 7 but I've had 1 night with almost 50 RAF bombers losses at night over Essen. ..."

Sounds like a historical result given you are flying in 20% moon light. Pretty much what happened to BC when it hit Peenemunde ...
by Speedysteve
Thu Aug 06, 2026 5:36 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download
Replies: 21
Views: 5496

Re: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download



Small update after the 1st night raid following the Hotfix. c. 750 bombers against Emden, Oldenburg and Wilhelmshaven. 28 bombers losses. NF's still attacking in pairs though which I thought the above says they wouldn't be?

Untitled.jpg

Does the "About" tab indicate 1.06.102 beta is the ...
by Speedysteve
Thu Aug 06, 2026 5:00 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download
Replies: 21
Views: 5496

Re: EDBTR 1.06.102 beta Ready for Download

Small update after the 1st night raid following the Hotfix. c. 750 bombers against Emden, Oldenburg and Wilhelmshaven. 28 bombers losses. NF's still attacking in pairs though which I thought the above says they wouldn't be?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (514.3 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
by Speedysteve
Tue Aug 04, 2026 11:39 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: Excessive Losses?
Replies: 14
Views: 2861

Re: Excessive Losses?


Guys, I will make some adjustments to night-fighter interceptions and issue a hotfix. It won't effect your PBEM's but just make sure your opponent also install sit. Stay tuned.


Thanks for that. To confirm - it won't benefit an existing PBEM game? A new one needs to be started for it to come ...
by Speedysteve
Sat Aug 01, 2026 9:00 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: Excessive Losses?
Replies: 14
Views: 2861

Re: Excessive Losses?


What has been your experience playing the RAF against the Luftwaffe AI?

I'm not convinced that there is some level of skill issue with the comments I am seeing here and from others. Not that I am some great player myself, but the human player can tend to be more reckless than historical ...
by Speedysteve
Tue Jul 14, 2026 10:16 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: Excessive Losses?
Replies: 14
Views: 2861

Re: Excessive Losses?

Thanks. Seems you had a similar experience but with BC in BTR?

I've recently started a new Campaign as Allies vs AI on BTR. I'm only upto day 7 but I've had 1 night with almost 50 RAF bombers losses at night over Essen.

Here's an example of the losses from my last BoB PBEM turn. Doesn't seem to ...
by Speedysteve
Mon Jul 13, 2026 8:35 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: Excessive Losses?
Replies: 14
Views: 2861

Excessive Losses?

Hi All,

I recently started a BoB 1940 PBEM campaign with me as RAF on v.1.06.101.

How have others found combat losses on this version? No matter what my opponent tries (staggering raids (all above 10K feet, Sweeps, High escort and Close escort etc) I always achieve a 3:1 or 4:1 kill ratio. The 109 ...
by Speedysteve
Mon Jul 13, 2026 8:28 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: PBEM - different computers
Replies: 2
Views: 1361

Re: PBEM - different computers

Thanks for that. Worked fine
by Speedysteve
Sat Jul 04, 2026 1:45 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
Topic: PBEM - different computers
Replies: 2
Views: 1361

PBEM - different computers

Hi All,

If I start an Eagle Day PBEM game as RAF on a computer can I then carry on playing it on a different computer/laptop or does it need to be the same one I started it on?

Thanks
by Speedysteve
Tue Dec 23, 2025 10:52 pm
Forum: Opponents wanted
Topic: Looking for DCAO opponent
Replies: 1
Views: 6293

Looking for DCAO opponent

Hi All,

Looking for an opponent for either Wacht am Rhein or Plan Martin. Happy to play either side. Prefer historical weather and no uncertainty. Please feel free to DM me or message here if interested.
by Speedysteve
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:26 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Taming the Tiger or Slaying the Bear......loki100 (Axis) vs Speedy (SU)
Replies: 503
Views: 42138

Re: Taming the Tiger or Slaying the Bear......loki100 (Axis) vs Speedy (SU)

Nope not a sausage. Didn't notice any significant effects of the railyard bombing in terms of freight movement or supply transfer. Note I believe Roger only started doing this when I was using SP4 so not sure if the super powers of the Glorious Soviet Union Logistics Company outweigh any affect it ...
by Speedysteve
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:02 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Taming the Tiger or Slaying the Bear......loki100 (Axis) vs Speedy (SU)
Replies: 503
Views: 42138

Re: Taming the Tiger or Slaying the Bear......loki100 (Axis) vs Speedy (SU)

Morning All,

So where to begin. As Roger mentioned I decided to surrender after the last turn. The reasons for this are several and many are linked. I'll provide a bit of self analysis of how I think the game went and then some overall thoughts on WITE2.

Firstly, thank you very much Roger for ...
by Speedysteve
Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:20 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: To Saratov! (And back?): A beginner AAR (Stamb vs Lovenought)
Replies: 30
Views: 3781

Re: To Saratov! (And back?): A beginner AAR (Stamb vs Lovenought)

The last part is untrue of our game. Yes the frontline didn't vary a lot but, ironically, Loki's 1942 performance was very successful at wearing me down me without any territorial gain. I suffered over 2.3M casualties (IIRC) in 1942 alone, Loki's lines didn't move much (small pockets of a few units ...
by Speedysteve
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:31 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Taming the Tiger or Slaying the Bear......loki100 (Axis) vs Speedy (SU)
Replies: 503
Views: 42138

Re: Taming the Tiger or Slaying the Bear......loki100 (Axis) vs Speedy (SU)

Well....figured I'd pop in and write a short update my side. Especially since the turn I've just sent back to Loki (the one after his report above) was one of my most fun in planning and running for a while. I suspect it will also lead to a massive series of Tank Battle in response by Loki so wanted ...

Go to advanced search