Search found 13 matches

by SViking
Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:46 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Naval air attacks-Why can we not set the target area?
Replies: 36
Views: 993

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SViking,

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by NorthStar <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>Excluding fleet types is probably more reasonable (i.e. Surface TF or Transport TF), as long as we realize that misidentifications will still somethimes result in excluded fleet types being attacked ...
by SViking
Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:19 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems
Replies: 4
Views: 114

<t>Ah - I guess that may explain it. However, I have been able to force a TF back several (3-4) times manually, though I didn't pay attention to whether subsequent results we diminished. (I.e., a fleet couldn't using 50% of its current ammo each time should experience diminishing returns on the ...
by SViking
Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:11 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Naval air attacks-Why can we not set the target area?
Replies: 36
Views: 993

Re: Re: Re: SViking,

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by NorthStar <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>Granted. As I stated, it wasn't brilliant, but at least the CVs weren't ignored. Also, depending on how close the APs were to the CVs, it is entirely possible that the second strike was supposed to ...
by SViking
Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:37 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Patrol/Retreat Pop-up Message Wrong
Replies: 4
Views: 100

<t>Roll-over message or pop-up message - which ever is the correct term. In any event, I'm referring to the message which appears when you hold the mouse over the current Patrol/Retreat setting. The message is supposed to display what the effect of changing the setting will be. One would expect that ...
by SViking
Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:26 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Best hope for fixing ships?
Replies: 21
Views: 584

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by Grotius <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>I think SViking meant that he sent back the one with 17 damage. (Correct me if I'm wrong, SViking.)<e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/QUOTE]</e></QUOTE>

Correct. The one with 17 damage went back to Pearl. The other ...
by SViking
Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:54 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems
Replies: 4
Views: 114

Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems

<t>This is a possible bug. The manual states that a TF set to patrol will perform its mission until low on endurance or seriously damaged. However, my bombardment missions *always* revert to surface combat and return home even after only one round of bombardment.<br/>
<br/>
Has anyone been able to ...
by SViking
Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:45 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Patrol/Retreat Pop-up Message Wrong
Replies: 4
Views: 100

Patrol/Retreat Pop-up Message Wrong

The pop-up message for the patrol/retreat setting of a TF is wrong. The message states "React..." or "Do not react..." as with the reaction setting instead.

Sorry if this has been already posted...a search turned up nothing.
by SViking
Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:26 pm
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Best hope for fixing ships?
Replies: 21
Views: 584

<t>Going back to the original question, how does one improve the chance of ship systems repairs? I had two CVs with minor damage, 7 and 13 to be precise. The one with 13 damage kept getting worse, so I sent both back to Noumea. Still nothing, so I put both in port. The one with 7 damage failed to ...
by SViking
Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:19 pm
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Monitering supplies to troops on enemy base
Replies: 5
Views: 123

<t>Oinks, worr! As with resupplying a friendly base, I use transports in the very same manner to keep troops at an enemy base supplied. Unfortunately, the only way to tell if the have enough supplies seems to be to check every unit. Units need supplies to fight; so, I assume the supplies do serve a ...
by SViking
Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:05 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Feedback on UV to Matrix Games
Replies: 6
Views: 177

<t>Good deal. Actually, I should restate my request...the real objective should be to deal with the strange decisions the TF commander makes regarding naval strikes. One option would be something along the lines of my suggestion above. I can imagine alot of variations on that, including making the ...
by SViking
Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:53 pm
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Feedback on UV to Matrix Games
Replies: 6
Views: 177

Re: Feedback on UV to Matrix Games

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by sveint <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>Hello,<br/>
2. Aircraft "policies" would be a very valuable addition. For example, I would like to set a max range for any missions flown, and I'd like to set a flag for "don't fly during poor weather ...
by SViking
Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:56 pm
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Naval air attacks-Why can we not set the target area?
Replies: 36
Views: 993

Re: SViking,

<r><QUOTE><s>[QUOTE]</s><I><s>[i]</s>Originally posted by NorthStar <e>[/i]</e></I><br/>
<B><s>[B]</s>Actually, I'd say the AI Commander (at the TF Level) made the correct decision. Ok, possibly attacking the APs at all wasn't a terrificbad, but at least he also attacked the CVs.<br/>
<e>[/B]</e></B ...
by SViking
Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:03 am
Forum: Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific
Topic: Naval air attacks-Why can we not set the target area?
Replies: 36
Views: 993

Re: Naval air attacks-Why can we not set the target area?

<r>I have to agree with the original poster: we should be able to set priorities for air-naval atacks...or the AI needs to be improved. Here's an example of the senseless tactics that are driving me nuts a times...<br/>
<br/>
Playing as Allies in May '42, I positioned my carrier fleet SE of Gilli ...

Go to advanced search