ORIGINAL: Monter_Trismegistos
Once again you imply that i'm implying something I didn't. Don't do that, OK? The one who mentioned Truk and Rabaul was me and only me - as a example of good defended place. Now to the point. I want you simply to show me (or others because i have no Morisson book) where Morrison writes about shelling HEAVY DEFENDED place with only cruisers and destroyers. Salomons? No,I said HEAVY DEFENDED. Maybe Truk? No definetely no, Truk was too heavy defended and a smal pack of CAs & DDs would be simply blown from water.
Truk and Rabaul are immaterial to this discussion Monter because the focus of this discussion was NEVER those two ports but the Solomons. Truk and/or Rabaul had nothing to do with the original posts nor my post either. My post simply stated destroyers and light cruisers were successfuly used in the Solomons to take on Japanese shore batteries. I never once implied or claimed they were used at someplace like Truk or Rabaul.
All your posts have done is muddy the waters and shift focus away from the facts I posted onto something never mentioned nor implied to begin with.









