ORIGINAL: Mynok
My high school English teacher.........I can tell he's about to give us another lecture....
![]()
so... did this start or did it solidify your opinion of English majors?[:D]
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
ORIGINAL: Mynok
My high school English teacher.........I can tell he's about to give us another lecture....
![]()

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Mynok
My high school English teacher.........I can tell he's about to give us another lecture....
![]()
so... did this start or did it solidify your opinion of English majors?[:D]

My first and last blind date.......

ORIGINAL: Mynok
Chumming.....military-style.......
![]()
ORIGINAL: Mynok
I'll bet there was a change of underwear very shortly thereafter.......[:D]
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
My first and last blind date.......
At least yours wasn't a cat lover...
![]()
ORIGINAL: Mynok
I'll bet there was a change of underwear very shortly thereafter.......[:D]

Where do you suppose the picture was taken? Is that the Golden Gate bridge in the background. I don't think they have sharks that big up there.ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Mynok
Chumming.....military-style.......
![]()
Apparently, this is a real photo - i first saw it in US Naval Institute Proceedings in their yearly photo contest. Alas, there was no comment about what happened immediately after the photo was snapped.


ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
I have done a good deal of open sea kayaking in and around the Bay area and never heard of any Great Whites in the area, not in any quantity at least. I've heard of quite a few in Souther Cal. Also, I have heard of lots of other sharks in the area, don't recall which ones, but MUCH smaller ones. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if there were larger sharks, as there is a plentiful supply of seal and porpois (sp?)

ORIGINAL: kellyc
Okay further checking has a report of a lone swimmer killed by a Great White at San Fran...clear back in 1959 thou.