The Thread

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Congrats Mynok[8D]

Well you, faber, Niceguy, and Arstavidios all seemed to want it today, and i don't think i've ever seen such intensity in the contest before.

The Thread thanks you also!! It has grown to within "striking" distance of 5000 posts!!!
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Test Thread

Post by Mynok »


Well if my Muse gets into the beer this afternoon, we might make it! :)

Unless the wife wants to go shopping of course.........
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Well if my Muse gets into the beer this afternoon, we might make it! :)

Unless the wife wants to go shopping of course.........

[:D][:D]
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Mynok


I've noticed that just sitting in the The War Room and hitting refresh will not always get updates. Same with just sitting in the thread. I tend to hop all the way out to the WiTP main forum then jump back in from there.


This could be the problem... but i think it is just a bit weird about how it receives stuff due to internet delays. It eventually will stick something in that has an earlier date "postmark" even if it shows up long after a post that arrived a deal deal before.
Robert, I noticed that your posts always seem to take longer. I don't know why.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Test Thread

Post by Mynok »


His computer is slow due to the excessive weight of all those naked animal pictures.......
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Mynok


I've noticed that just sitting in the The War Room and hitting refresh will not always get updates. Same with just sitting in the thread. I tend to hop all the way out to the WiTP main forum then jump back in from there.


This could be the problem... but i think it is just a bit weird about how it receives stuff due to internet delays. It eventually will stick something in that has an earlier date "postmark" even if it shows up long after a post that arrived a deal deal before.
Robert, I noticed that your posts always seem to take longer. I don't know why.

hmmm... is it that NAKED ANIMAL Central has a super-duper firewall or something? ... that might be it. They are more than a little paranoid about stuff here...
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


His computer is slow due to the excessive weight of all those naked animal pictures.......
[:D][:D]
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

If pictures could only talk....

Image
Attachments
Another20..0gardens.jpg
Another20..0gardens.jpg (71.02 KiB) Viewed 192 times
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
Speedysteve
Posts: 15990
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Reading, England

RE: Test Thread

Post by Speedysteve »

LOL[:D][:D][:D]

I too have noticed Robert's posts take longer...hey your user name could be changed to 'slowly'[;)]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Speedy

LOL[:D][:D][:D]

I too have noticed Robert's posts take longer...hey your user name could be changed to 'slowly'[;)]

hmmmm.....
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Test Thread

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

If pictures could only talk....

Image

[:D] [:D] [:D]

The possibilities are endless and most would cause another Thread Reset Event to occur.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

I always figured it was just the network from which you post. MY girlfriend, who works for a city government, takes forever for her emails to reach me. Somtimes, if I want her to elaborate on what she said, I can get in my car and drive to her office, before her email will reach me.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

If pictures could only talk....

Image
Its the Roman Grecko Boogy hour hosted by Dick Clark.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Test Thread

Post by Mynok »

I always figured it was just the network from which you post. MY girlfriend, who works for a city government, takes forever for her emails to reach me. Somtimes, if I want her to elaborate on what she said, I can get in my car and drive to her office, before her email will reach me.

Sounds like that's what she wants you to do..........women are tricksy hobbitses.....
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Test Thread

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

I always figured it was just the network from which you post. MY girlfriend, who works for a city government, takes forever for her emails to reach me. Somtimes, if I want her to elaborate on what she said, I can get in my car and drive to her office, before her email will reach me.


Possibly so - as i mentioned, they are paranoid and have a fair amount of "security" on the system which might slow things up. Response time from the PC to the network is poor (imo).
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Test Thread

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

If pictures could only talk....

Image

"I see you got the evil monkey........."
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: Test Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: Mynok
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

If pictures could only talk....

Image

"I see you got the evil monkey........."
[:D]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: Test Thread

Post by dtravel »

My guess for the next Naked Animal Contest is:

bear.
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: Test Thread

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Poor choice of smut people! Art dandies!
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: Test Thread

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

MY girlfriend, who works for a city government, takes forever for her emails to reach me.

I think city government is the key here. Those of use who work for the government don't do anything quickly, it's against union rules. [:-]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”