Sneer vs Raver , Banzaiiii!!!!
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Disaster in China
To be fair my P-38 pilots are VERY green with exp of 56[8|] and the P-40 jocks were flying at their extreme range limits.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Disaster in China
It will be interesting to see what tune Sneer will be singing when "2" 72 plane FG of P-38's coming on a couple of sweeps over his AF's...[X(][X(]
All Hail to "Forked Tail Death" [&o] [&o]
All Hail to "Forked Tail Death" [&o] [&o]
[center]
[/center]
[/center]RE: Disaster in China
this few fights of my fighters showed that as long as i keep quality on my side I have nothing to fear - problem is how long will I manage to keep this quality
P-38 are welcome visit my airfields alone - not hiding behind mighty B17[;)]
P-38 are welcome visit my airfields alone - not hiding behind mighty B17[;)]
RE: Disaster in China
ORIGINAL: Sneer
this few fights of my fighters showed that as long as i keep quality on my side I have nothing to fear - problem is how long will I manage to keep this quality
P-38 are welcome visit my airfields alone - not hiding behind mighty B17[;)]
So what would you say are the most important aspects to keep japanese pilot quality at high level?
I'm currently in 01/42, navy pool of course empty and due to ongoing expansion (= lots of theaters) I need every squadron I have and cannot afford to withdraw squads into others at the moment. Any ideas on timing the withdrawal?
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?
http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki
http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki
RE: Disaster in China
blitz every campaign
fight intensive and short - be prepared and knock down enemy fast
avoid attrition fights
do not press offensivly too much
Jan and Feb /42 are periods of losses as well as next 2 months - later you will have few month break - unless you decide to continue offensve
fight intensive and short - be prepared and knock down enemy fast
avoid attrition fights
do not press offensivly too much
Jan and Feb /42 are periods of losses as well as next 2 months - later you will have few month break - unless you decide to continue offensve
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16739
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Disaster in China
ORIGINAL: Mistmatz
This sounds like when a withdrawn unit reappears it have the same pilots as before.
So there is no chance to get experienced pilots eg from transport squad into pool and then redistributed into fighter formation - correct?
Correct.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Disaster in China
to the best of knowlegde i should be able to stand such raid for some time - later when pilots quality will be lower it will be difficult or impossible but not nowORIGINAL: ny59giants
It will be interesting to see what tune Sneer will be singing when "2" 72 plane FG of P-38's coming on a couple of sweeps over his AF's...[X(][X(]
All Hail to "Forked Tail Death" [&o] [&o]
planes losses are not a factor - i'll have great reserves of all fighters as i like to have industrial overcapacity.
also planes will be better than historical ones so at least for some time it will be nice show to see
if only i had unlimited 50 exp pilot pool - i would not fear allied - unfortunately 30 exp pilots mostly kill themselves during transfers
it is game so we both try to do our best - so often our bases are overstacked and bombing raids are more often and biger - similarly cap is also bigger + bloody A2A model - there will be lot of lost planes and result from attrition war can be only one.
But the main purpose of this game is to give stand as good and as long I can. if we play on points Raver would be forces to sth risky after summer - now he is confident he can wait next few months and probably he is right as pace of this game is faster than historical because of easy logistics. so even if he stsrts later he can finish ahead of time
another month passed
data on 2nd 11/42
as always additional data on request

as always additional data on request

- Attachments
-
- points11_42.jpg (60.26 KiB) Viewed 289 times
RE: Disaster in China
11/7/42 troops besidge Kunming - when taken it will reduce industrial potential to zero fo chinase
RE: Disaster in China
and kunming taken after 1st assault
china is like domino
china is like domino
- Capt. Harlock
- Posts: 5379
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Los Angeles
- Contact:
RE: Disaster in China
and kunming taken after 1st assault
china is like domino
Very impressive campaign in China! Do you have a "house rule" about how many units can be withdrawn after you've pretty much conquered the place?
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?
--Victor Hugo
--Victor Hugo
RE: Disaster in China
there are no house rules but ...
1.there are garrison requirements and quite a lot of troops will stay from this reason
2.there are troops needed to stay in chinase ports for 44/45 campaign
3.kwantung is too weak to oppose Russians in 45 and needs reinforcing in 44
4.every unit not belonging to base HQ is penalized
plus...
5.i decided that India will not be finished so marching 25 division to India is not fully justified - we play WITP and not conquer the map
6.Russia seems interesting .... but i don't see political scenario - i can wipe out russian troops but later we will have edge of map effect so it is wrong - not counting few hundreds 4E bombers close to industrial centers in Home islands is not an option and I feel I will have my fighters busy on perimeter
7.One thing certain - sooner or later china troops will be used to free southern area units on continent to allow southern army units to strenghten pacific/dei bases - what i assume will allow to lenghten war by 6-12 months
basicly with more or less 25 inf div free within 3 month i can finish Russia or/and can try to finish India. But as we wrote earlier we don't like totally ahistorical game
on russia front I could use sth like 20k AP
especially I had plenty of supply/manpower/vehicles/armament in pool to cover losses
no decision was made and I have still a lot of time especially there are over 100+ units left operational and taking chungking will not be easy
1.there are garrison requirements and quite a lot of troops will stay from this reason
2.there are troops needed to stay in chinase ports for 44/45 campaign
3.kwantung is too weak to oppose Russians in 45 and needs reinforcing in 44
4.every unit not belonging to base HQ is penalized
plus...
5.i decided that India will not be finished so marching 25 division to India is not fully justified - we play WITP and not conquer the map
6.Russia seems interesting .... but i don't see political scenario - i can wipe out russian troops but later we will have edge of map effect so it is wrong - not counting few hundreds 4E bombers close to industrial centers in Home islands is not an option and I feel I will have my fighters busy on perimeter
7.One thing certain - sooner or later china troops will be used to free southern area units on continent to allow southern army units to strenghten pacific/dei bases - what i assume will allow to lenghten war by 6-12 months
basicly with more or less 25 inf div free within 3 month i can finish Russia or/and can try to finish India. But as we wrote earlier we don't like totally ahistorical game
on russia front I could use sth like 20k AP
no decision was made and I have still a lot of time especially there are over 100+ units left operational and taking chungking will not be easy
RE: Disaster in China
Actually I don't think that Sneer has the strategic or even military intellect to carry off an operation in Russia. Yes he has done well in China but there are a great number of people whom would simply say that was luck rather than skill. Likewise his efforts in India have also been "lucky". Could Sneer take Russia at this late stage of the game?? Nope, he would not have the skills, troops or ability to do it.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Disaster in China
if you want to keep in such manner i would say that you are unable to carry out any counterattack
RE: Disaster in China
either you provoke me beliving your offensive will be as successful or it is your worst nightmare to see elite china army in russia
arguments against : mayor one :4E bombers within range of industry centers
minor one : Russian OOB is too strong and replacement rates are to high - remember it is decisive moment of battle for Moscow and there is big Air force + replacement pools are huge what I don't belive to be true IRL
I would gladly send 25 div to Australia but I have not enough PP to take Raver's smile off face
Good news : another Arm div bought out - should join Chungking strike force soon
I wrote earlier that I would gladly carry out land campaign given my resources [8D] and there will be sth given to you
arguments against : mayor one :4E bombers within range of industry centers
minor one : Russian OOB is too strong and replacement rates are to high - remember it is decisive moment of battle for Moscow and there is big Air force + replacement pools are huge what I don't belive to be true IRL
I would gladly send 25 div to Australia but I have not enough PP to take Raver's smile off face
Good news : another Arm div bought out - should join Chungking strike force soon
I wrote earlier that I would gladly carry out land campaign given my resources [8D] and there will be sth given to you
RE: Disaster in China
great mourn after reading PZB CV battle result
is that sth Raver waits for?
late 43/44 single midway type battle ?
i hope not cos it would take away whole flavour of this game
is that sth Raver waits for?
late 43/44 single midway type battle ?
i hope not cos it would take away whole flavour of this game
RE: Disaster in China
My aim is to knock the stuffing out of the IJN fleet at a time of my choice. I can't say that I will wait as long as '44 as that is not in my game style.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Disaster in China
Actually I hope and pray each time I load the next game file that I will see the "Russian forces activated" flash on my screen along with some sort of Russian battle song blarring out of my speakers. Alas it never seems to happen.
I would love nothing more that to come pouring out of the North and sweep all before my Red Banner Armies ![8D]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
RE: another month passed
ORIGINAL: Sneer
data on 2nd 11/42
as always additional data on request
![]()
How can Japan get this far ahead????[&:][:)]


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
RE: another month passed
Well the sad truth to the matter is that Sneer simply ran rings around me[:(] He is a very good player, couple that with the fact that I made some silly moves (such as sending ALL the ships in Karchi down to Perth which he found and sank half[8|]).
But on the up side MOST of my ship loses have been AKs and TKs.....not that many Naval units lost. The US Pacfic fleet in intact and within the next two to three months I will be lets slip the dogs of war. Time for some payback ![8D]
But on the up side MOST of my ship loses have been AKs and TKs.....not that many Naval units lost. The US Pacfic fleet in intact and within the next two to three months I will be lets slip the dogs of war. Time for some payback ![8D]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.





