Sneer vs Raver , Banzaiiii!!!!

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: battle won ????

Post by ny59giants »

Are those soon to be freed up troops in China going: (a) west towards India; (b) north towards Russia; or (c) south towards Australia???
Inquiring minds want to know...[:D][:D]
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: battle won ????

Post by Raverdave »

I think that he will be sending them to India and the rest to the Pacific.
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

tragedy at kwajelein

Post by Sneer »

12/2/42
battle east of Kwajelein on enmy carriers
I used 54 zeros on escort with
55 Nells and 76 Bettys
only less than 10 bombers returned
all slaughtered
none bomber penetrated cap
One would expect that due to better burability of 2e bombers vs carrier planes they should have at lest 10-20 bombers that would penetrate - their morale was max and skill too high (70+)
enemy lost only <60 fighters
looks like I have very serious problem at Kwajelein now as I don't have forces to attack him


Day Air attack on TF at 86,78

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 27
A6M3 Zero x 24
G3M Nell x 40
G4M1 Betty x 54

Allied aircraft
Seafire x 35
F4F-4 Wildcat x 204

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 27 destroyed
A6M3 Zero: 24 destroyed
G3M Nell: 36 destroyed
G4M1 Betty: 53 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Seafire: 1 destroyed, 16 damaged
F4F-4 Wildcat: 56 destroyed, 55 damaged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 86,78

Japanese aircraft
A6M3 Zero x 3
G3M Nell x 16
G4M1 Betty x 22

Allied aircraft
Seafire x 19
F4F-4 Wildcat x 97

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3 Zero: 3 destroyed
G3M Nell: 4 destroyed
G4M1 Betty: 8 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 1 destroyed, 9 damaged
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Victory at kwajelein

Post by Raverdave »

In the single worst day of the war for Japan, over 167 fighters and bombers were shot down by the CAP before even getting to sight their intended targets.....the carriers. For months and months I have been training my pilots, just like Sneer has, but with an added twist, I set my CAP to be at 20'000 feet so as to zoom and boom. Seems to have paid off as the japs fighter protection was caught flat-footed. While this is a huge boost to allied morale, the planned raid on kwajelein will have to be put off as the loss of 50 of my fighters seriously impacts on my ability to both attack as well as defend.

This result must surely have come as a huge shock the the Japanese higher command and I am sure that we shall now see a re-think on their future tactics.[8D]
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: Victory at kwajelein

Post by Sneer »

I hope Matrix guys read AARs because I have no will and strenght to put it anywhere else
today 12/3/42 I captured Yunan
enemy troops retreated SE moving to ...Chengtu !!!
it means 50 enemy units are currently cut off on non base hex
I will not spend half a year on pointless assaults
it is bug that breaks my game
so game is officialy halted till patch will correct this issue
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Victory at kwajelein

Post by fabertong »

Sorry to read about this games demise.....was enjoying the read.
aztez
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:32 am
Location: Finland

RE: Victory at kwajelein

Post by aztez »

Sorry to hear that you guys stopped. It does sound crazy to see 50 units retreat to non base hex. The ground combat system is flawed. Hopefully the next patch will correct these things.
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: battle won ????

Post by Sneer »

I feel bad - we are able to make 3-6 turns/day and at this moment the game is most interesting
I really want to see what Raver wants to do and how, but my experiance is that my army that took Yunan almost off march is unable to finish these 50 troops within next 6 months what breaks all - these units are needed elswhere. I lost 6 months already on Kungchang area and number of chinase soldiers "grows" instead of "droppping" my plans was to move few big units topacific ASAP what this **** bug prevents
Roger Neilson
Posts: 899
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2001 8:00 am
Location: England

RE: battle won ????

Post by Roger Neilson »

In a game that I 'won' a few weeks ago I took all of China but Chungking and was never able to scratch it. If I had pulled every unit from the rest of the map I might have been able to do so. It and Karachi are invulnerable effectively if there are reasonable numbers of troops in there with a level 9 fort. The attacks I made were causing casualties on my troops in the 30K mark and not doing anything to his fortification level.

Roger
User avatar
Capt. Harlock
Posts: 5379
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: Victory at kwajelein

Post by Capt. Harlock »

In the single worst day of the war for Japan, over 167 fighters and bombers were shot down by the CAP before even getting to sight their intended targets.....the carriers. For months and months I have been training my pilots, just like Sneer has, but with an added twist, I set my CAP to be at 20'000 feet so as to zoom and boom. Seems to have paid off as the japs fighter protection was caught flat-footed.

And now we know why you took the trouble to include British CV's: before the arrival of the Corsairs and Hellcats, the Seafire is the best allied carrier-borne fighter. I would think that CAP at 20 angels risks some Japanese aircraft sneaking by close to the deck -- but it looks like the calculated risk paid off handsomely!
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: battle won ????

Post by Sneer »

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson

In a game that I 'won' a few weeks ago I took all of China but Chungking and was never able to scratch it. If I had pulled every unit from the rest of the map I might have been able to do so. It and Karachi are invulnerable effectively if there are reasonable numbers of troops in there with a level 9 fort. The attacks I made were causing casualties on my troops in the 30K mark and not doing anything to his fortification level.

Roger

it is not a problem - only 50 units left in chungking and I have 2 full armies not engaged - i will eat my shoes if chungking will not fall fast
i lost over month on cut off units in Burma , lost 3-4 months on Kugchang - half of chinase troops is still there and there is over half a year later
if i need to go for another half year bullshit ......

question when and if land combat wil be solved?
i miss early Witp mornings and has low will to start another game
User avatar
pauk
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

RE: battle won ????

Post by pauk »

hi,

can you post picture of China?

I would like that you continue your game if it possible.

What about leaving those units in none base hex - they should be without supply and therefore they don't have any offensive value. Fortify capture bases and with some units and send the others?

what do you think?
Image
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: battle won ????

Post by Sneer »

Pauk - I want to move army out of china I already need to commit 6 big + support units to block Kungchang area - now even more at Yunan when I need all troops at Chungking
Raver is too good player to be given so big favours regularly in this game - not when he uses what he can to beat me
all enemy units are off supply for months so it doesn't influence
China picture was posted few days ago - only diffrence that enemy Yunan froces are on trail to hanoi
and yes I would like to continue ASAP too

with our playing speed we could enter 43 in a week time
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

Announcement

Post by Sneer »

Hi all
unfortunatelly Matrix staff did not solve LCU combat problems with last patch
we can't even guess how many months we will need to wait for another one
it would be a pity to abandon this game
even if we find that when we go deper and deeper in game some issues are more and more irritating and bugs are more and more visible
i think that this game should cross year 43 - for our fun / satisfaction and for developers as it looks like there is still little data about mid and late war stages

we decided to comtinue
and to help with what we found game breaking there is one more [:(] house rule implemented
any time units are without retreat path their supply level is checked
7 days after their supply reach zero they are obliged to go attack besiging forces in constant manner - it will influence china theater as well as pacific islands
it is pity to me that pacific islands will be cleared so fast - much faster than in many recorded cases but it is only way to finish chinase rambo warriors
soon there should be news from the front
User avatar
pauk
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

RE: Announcement

Post by pauk »

glad to see you again in action![:)]
Image
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: battle won ????

Post by Sneer »

me to :-)
i really missed this game
it will be difficult to change thinking from iron storm mod
especially i need to forget about bombers getting though anything [;)]
back in real life
honestly speaking i almost forgot what i wanted to do
hopefully many things are ready to use tools on board
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: battle won ????

Post by Sneer »

we are at war again
due to our new house rule chinase troops at kungchang starting suicide attacks
look at adjusted strenght and losses - no comments 1:20 odds and only twice the opponents losses

Ground combat at 47,26

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 105644 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Beginning Assault Value = 2392
Defending force 98629 troops, 814 guns, 166 vehicles, Beginning Assault Value = 1931
Allied max assault: 668 - adjusted assault: 53
Japanese max defense: 1630 - adjusted defense: 1323
Allied assault odds: 0 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
2068 casualties reported
Guns lost 66
Vehicles lost 1
Allied ground losses:
4994 casualties reported

Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: battle won ????

Post by Andy Mac »

Hmmm if I was Raver I would be delighted with this house rule.

If his army is wiped out early enough all the units will respawn at Chungking in 30 days increasing the garrison dramatically even respawned units with the urban bonus are formidable.

In fact if I was him I would aready have all those units prepping for Chungking now.
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: battle won ????

Post by Sneer »

chungking is out of supply - airfield is damaged at 100% and not repaired - supply production is minimal and it will stop when my troops enter city

i shouldn't have any problem in reaching high odds - chungking x13 ( fort + urban) x.25 as starving = x3 sth like this there is 50 units currently there - 75% of chinase army are inf corps
=35 inf corps at 300 AV each = 10000AV but poor exp - i think i can send similar high exp forces - his forts can't be rebuild
and i have a lot of engineers + aviation


weird rule but i couldn't find any better one
pity matrix did nothing in this field


btw good point i somehow thought that i have 3 months ... - looks like i need to enter chungking fast - not a big problem i have quite a lot of troops blocking this city and more can be send
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: battle won ????

Post by Sneer »

all you wrote here is truth
shock attacks against my troops -looks like Raver tries to die fast and respawn in chungking
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”