Effects of Air Losses on Autovictory

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: Effects of Air Losses on Autovictory

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: el cid again

Seriously, you do NOT think we should have correct attrition rates?

When and where did i ever say that? I was simply setting the record straight that my mod never atttempted to influence operational losses. You can't FAIL at something that isn't being attempted at.

el cid again
Posts: 16984
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:40 pm

RE: Effects of Air Losses on Autovictory

Post by el cid again »

When and where did i ever say that? I was simply setting the record straight that my mod never atttempted to influence operational losses. You can't FAIL at something that isn't being attempted at.

OK - fair enough - you didn't do what you didn't try to do. And you wanted the record clear on that point. On the other hand, you are not opposed to getting attrition under control - you just didn't try. I didn't properly express that. I didn't misunderstand you don't like too small attrition rates - but I did not make it clear your mod was not attempting to do that. I am not sure I even knew it was not attempting to do that - seems logical that it might - but whatever my impression was - it is now clear that you didn't try. Got it.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: Effects of Air Losses on Autovictory

Post by Nomad »

I am not 100% positive on this but I believe that it will take a tweak inside the engine to raise the ops losses. [8D]
el cid again
Posts: 16984
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:40 pm

RE: Effects of Air Losses on Autovictory

Post by el cid again »

I am not 100% positive on this but I believe that it will take a tweak inside the engine to raise the ops losses.

Having tested the theory that durability should help - and having it turn out not to do so - causes me to agree. However, changing durability DID have two positive effects:

1) It increased the too low AAA attrition rate;

2) It caused RELATIVE attrition of all sorts (air air combat, AAA and operational) to be more correct between planes of different types. You no longer have the submarine observation floatplane rated higher than much bigger planes, stuff like that. As a result, it is much more likely to be lost to any cause.
Post Reply

Return to “Scenario Design”