First down problem

This forum is for feedback on the public beta updates. This is not for feedback on official updates. All reports based on a public beta version should go here.

Moderator: David Winter

Post Reply
User avatar
Deltadog
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:05 pm

First down problem

Post by Deltadog »

I ran a quick play game using the latest beta patch and noted this during the second quarter. Offense using old T play book and defense using funNGun play book from the members area. The offense made a first down. When the display that appears in the upper left hand corner that gives that down, yards to go and location of the ball, it read ---------and 10. ( DASHES WERE ACDUALLY A BLANK) The off4ense ran a play and the next screen was as follows:



Image

Clearly the distance between the line which represents the location of the ball and the first down line is NOT 10 yards and it should be 2nd down. Play continued and the distance to go continued to disagree with the visual image and the down countinue to be one off. The offense earned another first down and after that the game seemed to get back in sync. This has happened several times, but nothing I can do causes it to occur. (Games being played cpu vs cpu) I tried to get a number of other screen shots by hitting f12, but failed to get additional pictures.
Attachments
SS143518.jpg
SS143518.jpg (98.94 KiB) Viewed 344 times
Deltadog
Marauders
Posts: 4428
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: Minnesota

RE: First down problem

Post by Marauders »

Had you seen this problem prior to the last time you patched? Which patch are you using?
simmer
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:19 am
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa

RE: First down problem

Post by simmer »

I had this happen when I clearly made the first down. The scoreboard said _ and 5 to go??.
User avatar
Deltadog
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:05 pm

RE: First down problem

Post by Deltadog »

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Had you seen this problem prior to the last time you patched? Which patch are you using?


No I had not seen this before. I am using v1.0.106 Beta.

Deltadog
Magnum357
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:07 pm

RE: First down problem

Post by Magnum357 »

Hmmm... that is a fairly serious issue. Were you using Custom made Plays and Playbooks? Any adjustments on Rules and Timing? I assume this was a League game right?
User avatar
David Winter
Posts: 5158
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:51 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

RE: First down problem

Post by David Winter »

Nobody else in the beta has reported anything like this. How repeatable is this?
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
User avatar
Deltadog
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:05 pm

RE: First down problem

Post by Deltadog »

As I stated in the first message, mine was quick play. There was no change in rules and the plays were those downloaded.

I do not know how repeatable it is as I have only run the one game since downloading and installing the patch.

Deltadog
User avatar
Shaggyra
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:05 am

RE: First down problem

Post by Shaggyra »

I have just encounted the same or very similar problem. I did not closely notice what preceded it, but I believe it was a short 2 yard run.

Quickplay, CPU v CPU, US ruleset

Image
Attachments
SS42646.jpg
SS42646.jpg (36.26 KiB) Viewed 343 times
User avatar
Shaggyra
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:05 am

RE: First down problem

Post by Shaggyra »

I also took a screen shot of the stats pages imediately following this play.

Notice that the rushing yards total is -44, yet this is in no way indicated by individual stats.

(the attached is combined and cropped for display here)

Image
Attachments
SS43425.jpg
SS43425.jpg (53.22 KiB) Viewed 343 times
aysi
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:27 am

RE: First down problem

Post by aysi »

hey just turn the sound off[:D]
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

RE: First down problem

Post by Sonny »

Don't forget sacks count against the rushing totals and not the passing totals.

Did the team lose yardage back across the 50 yard line? It seems to me (no data to back it up) that sometimes when crossing the 50 yard line (especially on a loss of yardage) the game gets confused. And also penalties sometimes screw up the yards to go etc.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
User avatar
David Winter
Posts: 5158
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:51 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

RE: First down problem

Post by David Winter »

Had there been a fumble at some point prior to this?
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
Deft
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:47 am

RE: First down problem

Post by Deft »

I had a problem with downs following a fumble out of bounds.
User avatar
Shaggyra
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:05 am

RE: First down problem

Post by Shaggyra »

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Had there been a fumble at some point prior to this?

Hmm. Honestly don't remember. I'll watch for that in the future.
Gman1025
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:46 pm

RE: First down problem

Post by Gman1025 »

I had the same thing happen. Canadian rules coach mode. It was after a punt or kickoff. On first and ten a run was a 2 yard loss. Game information showed 2nd and 67. The LOS and first down marks looked like it should (12 yards).

From what I remember the big loss of yardage was counted in the stats. They had a good game running but the overall running yards was 37 for the game (2 backs over 70 yards and QB at least 20 yards).
Post Reply

Return to “Public Beta Forum”