ORIGINAL: Mogami
Hi, It should be
"In some games where Allied player sends TF into range without air cover the number of ships lost exceeds the historic amount" (I'm faily certain at least 3 of my Allied opponents lost fewer then historic number of transports in course of our games)
Because if the Japanese place a Val daitai on Goodenough Island they will sink the transports with bombs. Or Sally Sentai at Lae they will sink the transports.
Then what will the "fix" be?
If you make torpedos a type of supply and require them to be transported and stored and cared for by a lot of new rules and codes where do you think the Japanese will send them? Rabaul! And if you send TF to PM without CAP they will be attacked by torpedos.
You are right, Russ... I never did quite grasp the concept of air cover in all my thirty some-odd years of playing wargames.
Is there really any need to portray those with whom you disagree in such a manner?
Back when I played f-t-f boardgames, my friends knew me as a(n overly?) cautious commander on the offense, and tenacious on the defense. I do not tend to send forces to their doom, just because I want to meet (or beat) some schedule.
Surely you can come up with a new argument, not the old "it's your poor gameplay that is at fault."


