ORIGINAL: castor troy
It´s not from a PBEM of mine but from aletoledo. I never thought about achieving such results against the mighty all eating super Corsair.
Corsair isn't an X-wing in the mod anymore thats all. It remains one of the best though.
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
ORIGINAL: castor troy
It´s not from a PBEM of mine but from aletoledo. I never thought about achieving such results against the mighty all eating super Corsair.
ORIGINAL: aletoledo
its a PBEM game, using 1.8 and NikMod. my understanding is that NikMod has really reduced the Uber-Corsair of the stock game, so I don't think .
you guys should have a heart-attack seeing this
I think the real reason the results are as they are is because I try to have all my pilots at 95exp before going into battle. these are some of the zero pilots that fought in the battle (there first since training really). I've found that the central pacific island never have bad weather to scrub a mission and thus you can train pilots every day constantly.
![]()
ORIGINAL: Andy Mac
2. Training WAS a slow affair I really wish they had different 'skill' factors for ground atttack/ strategic/ naval and A2A its just a tad nuts that attacking an empty AF for a month turns pilots into the best fighter pilots in the world.
ORIGINAL: Andy Mac
Thats fine but
1. 99xp is just to high IMO
2. Training WAS a slow affair I really wish they had different 'skill' factors for ground atttack/ strategic/ naval and A2A its just a tad nuts that attacking an empty AF for a month turns pilots into the best fighter pilots in the world.
Now it goes both ways allied supply missions into China turn bomber pilots into crack anti shipping strike bombers so it is not one sided by any stretch.
ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: Andy Mac
2. Training WAS a slow affair I really wish they had different 'skill' factors for ground atttack/ strategic/ naval and A2A its just a tad nuts that attacking an empty AF for a month turns pilots into the best fighter pilots in the world.
Your preaching to the choir. No argument from me. I worked hard setting up the tests that led to a change from the 30 day exp 10 to exp 55 in the old executible to the 4-6 month period that corresponds with wartime training. This is why i don't use this tactic in PBEM. Its not a house rule i require of the other player....I just don't do it myself....same as with PT boat restrictions.
ORIGINAL: aletoledo
I never realised they would get so high in experience, since this is the first game I've ever reached 1943 with. so it was never really intentional.
however, now when I see the 30exp pilots coming in as replacements, I see that within a year I'll have hardly any of these highly exp'd squadrons left. almost every battle I lose one or two pilots, either from a2a or from bing bombed on the ground.

