Music during game??

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
m10bob
Posts: 8583
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:09 pm
Location: Dismal Seepage Indiana

Music during game??

Post by m10bob »

I currently have the Patton theme song play during my troop purchase and battle preferences screen, but in-game, I only hear the environmental noises.
Is there any way to have that theme song play real low in the background, (shy of putting a CD player nea-by?)[:D]
We already know even high end systems playing SPWAW(the power hawg of hawgs) will not allow the media player to play at the same time....
Image

User avatar
sabrejack
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:22 am

RE: Music during game??

Post by sabrejack »

As an aside - my machine appears to be a freak... I'm able to run Media Player, Outlook etc while I'm playing, and only very rarely have any sort of error.

It's not exactly a high end machine either - P3 833mhz with 256mb RAM, running XP Pro (up to date service packs etc).

Anyone else have that sort of luck? I'm familiar with how everyone else seems to have to close everything before playing.
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

RE: Music during game??

Post by KG Erwin »

Yeah, I've got substitute USMC music for a couple of routines, BUT the nearest I can figure is having alternate music wav files replace the ambient weather sounds for what's playing when you're moving and fighting. ANY wav file can be replaced.

Once you figure out the four-digit wav trigger codes, you can do whatever you want. You can change a thunderstorm into a hurricane, or Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Couldn't Stand the Weather" or whatever as long as its in .wav format and matches the code it replaces.
Image
Svennemir
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

RE: Music during game??

Post by Svennemir »

Personally I haven't had trouble playing sound files with WinAmp in the background... sometimes the graphical patterns which show up on many media players can take some CPU resources to generate - try disabling those effects, perhaps that might allow running both programs smoothly?
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

RE: Music during game??

Post by Alby »

turn off your weather and Battle sounds
then you will hear background music
but to hear the particular file you want, you may have to rename to one of the background music file names.
there are at least 6 different ones in there that are used for background music

User avatar
m10bob
Posts: 8583
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:09 pm
Location: Dismal Seepage Indiana

RE: Music during game??

Post by m10bob »

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys..I do want to hear the ambient sounds, and the battle sounds as well, so those are not options for me.
As in WITP/UV, I was hoping to "have my cake and eat it too!"(LOL)....[:D]
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”