Sneer vs Raver , Banzaiiii!!!!

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by BrucePowers »

My first turn even as allies takes me about 4 hours. The second turn took about 45 minutes. Now I spend about 30 minutes looking and clicking even on defense. But based on what you are telling me I'm okay with that. Thank you for the input.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by Sneer »

my 1 st turn  takes 3 hours  - but i have already my battle plan ready
later turns  ap 30 min
after 1st month it goes toward 15 min
so
don't worry
everything is ok

User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by BrucePowers »

I really was not worried persay. I am having fun and enjoying myself which is why we all do it. I do appreciate your responses. It helps the learning curve. When I get into PBEM, I want to be a dependable opponent others will want to play against.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by Raverdave »

A couple of quite moves.........looks like a mini KB was poking around due east of Noumea but has now vanished....no doubt heading back north now that the element of surprise has been lost.  I have closed down both airfields on Timor so I don't think that there will be much trouble from that direction.  In the meantime I am continuing my build-up in that area with little interuption from Sneer.  I now have seven carriers back online and steaming to their new AO.
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by Sneer »

AO ?
i will get 4 CV within 7 months and naval aviation wing will reach 1000 [:D]
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by Raverdave »

Only 4 ? *Snort* I'll be getting another 20 in that time.......I will will this game by numbers ! AO=Area of Operations
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by Sneer »

7 carriers :
3 UK so only 100 planes
2cvl +yorktown and 1 essex
not too much
especially hiyo will be back in line within 2 weeks / not bad from 38 sys few weeks ago to 10 today
all my CV except Akagi are almost ready for action
and for lost Zuiho I got Taiho [;)]

salomons are good place to fight

User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by Raverdave »

ORIGINAL: Sneer



salomons are good place to fight



Sounds good to me.......I'll see you there in a few months.[:)]
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by Sneer »

I will be there is only you dare to go in force for my property 
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

The new world order

Post by Raverdave »

Your property? How dare you, you conceited jumped up no good imperialistic ratbrained warmonger !

Here we are after two years of warfare which YOU started, and now you claim that all of the territory that you have INVADED is your property ! The hide and gall that you have astounds me. Mark my words, when this war is over and I have bombed you and your imperialistic megalomaniac kind back to the stone age I shall rebuild the world so that the likes of you shall never again have power. I shall form an institution and call it the “United Nations” and all good men of good nations shall join it to prevent such wars as ours from ever happening again !

Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
pauk
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

RE: The new world order

Post by pauk »

[:D]
Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: The new world order

Post by BrucePowers »

It looks like this game is turning into psychological warfare. [:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by Sneer »

United "puppet" nations ? [:D]
No my Asian co-prosperity zone will stand for next 1000 years
User avatar
pauk
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

RE: convoy intercepted

Post by pauk »

i couldn't agree more with Sneer-san!

we don't need UPN[:D]
Image
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

first fight of Jacks

Post by Sneer »

03/2//43

Day Air attack on Jamshedpur , at 28,22

Japanese aircraft
J2M Jack x 27
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 36
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 25

Allied aircraft
Liberator VI x 126
P-38G Lightning x 68
B-24D Liberator x 37

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M Jack: 1 destroyed, 21 damaged / 1 destroyed
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 8 destroyed, 16 damaged / 8 destroyed + 7 on the ground
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 9 destroyed, 8 damaged / 5 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Liberator VI: 31 destroyed, 54 damaged / 37 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 20 destroyed, 7 damaged / 20 destroyed
B-24D Liberator: 5 destroyed, 4 damaged / 5 destroyed

Japanese ground losses:
39 casualties reported

Airbase hits 26
Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 146

unless it will be hard hit next turn it is not closed - dmg close to 50% to both runway and services
but i think there is many damaged bombers on allied side
veji1
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:28 pm

RE: first fight of Jacks

Post by veji1 »

Well this is good result, but not unusual for a first day... The problem is the day after and than the next one... I guess you have fighters in order AFs that you can make LRCAP this base... Since this is an open AAR, you won't be too specific, but I guess as well that all these units had very decent experience ratings...
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
aztez
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:32 am
Location: Finland

RE: first fight of Jacks

Post by aztez »

Where those allied P38 pilots on low experience? I mean those losses were not good at all.
veji1
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:28 pm

RE: first fight of Jacks

Post by veji1 »

I think they were green, but it doesn't really matter, what makes the difference is how the jap fare against the second, third, forth strikes. If after these the AF is open, Bombers morale will be so low that you can call it a jap victory...
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: first fight of Jacks

Post by Sneer »

no second strike happened

veji1
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:28 pm

RE: first fight of Jacks

Post by veji1 »

great ! The allies need to go for attrition, whenever they settle for a short battle instead of dragging it in time, it is a mistake, whatever the result may be.

Actually I don't even understand why he launches strikes if he doesn't have the intension to follow it up for the next few days..
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”