Sneer vs Raver , Banzaiiii!!!!
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Future Allied attack paths.
subs must fight hard to survive but to some extent it is true - my sub program is next after carriers
corsairs and punishment
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 04/19/43
i decided to harass luganville
light forces and 2 carriers were assigned
planes got into corsair circus and 20 of them were lost
they were of lowest exp in the fleet ( 64) but had best planes - zekes
looks like allied bases are magically protected
good my planes noticed swarms of PT boats so I recalled my light forces
slightly irritating that so small strike went divided
Day Air attack on TF, near Luganville at 72,107
Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 8
D4Y Judy x 26
A6M3a Zero x 9
B5N Kate x 24
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 15
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 5 destroyed
D4Y Judy: 3 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 3 destroyed
B5N Kate: 5 destroyed
Allied Ships
AK Dashing Wave, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AK Herstein, Bomb hits 1
AK Dukat
AK Proteus, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AK Hřegh Merchant
AK Vitorlock
AK William Williams
AK Liberty
-----------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Luganville at 72,107
Japanese aircraft
A6M3a Zero x 8
B5N Kate x 14
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 17
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3a Zero: 4 destroyed
B5N Kate: 3 destroyed
Allied Ships
AK Algorab
AK Mabella

i decided to harass luganville
light forces and 2 carriers were assigned
planes got into corsair circus and 20 of them were lost
they were of lowest exp in the fleet ( 64) but had best planes - zekes
looks like allied bases are magically protected
good my planes noticed swarms of PT boats so I recalled my light forces
slightly irritating that so small strike went divided
Day Air attack on TF, near Luganville at 72,107
Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 8
D4Y Judy x 26
A6M3a Zero x 9
B5N Kate x 24
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 15
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 5 destroyed
D4Y Judy: 3 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 3 destroyed
B5N Kate: 5 destroyed
Allied Ships
AK Dashing Wave, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AK Herstein, Bomb hits 1
AK Dukat
AK Proteus, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AK Hřegh Merchant
AK Vitorlock
AK William Williams
AK Liberty
-----------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Luganville at 72,107
Japanese aircraft
A6M3a Zero x 8
B5N Kate x 14
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 17
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3a Zero: 4 destroyed
B5N Kate: 3 destroyed
Allied Ships
AK Algorab
AK Mabella

- Attachments
-
- luganville.jpg (38.75 KiB) Viewed 179 times
RE: Future Allied attack paths.corsairs and punishment
this 55 PTs there !!!!
Is this a lunacy game or do you have house rules ? Because this seems a wee bit excessive to me... I mean I don't know what happened in history, but I guess there were less than that...
Well You have reached a date where you can't port attack anymore with your planes, except with enormous numerical superiority... You have to settle with attacking ships at sea..
Anyway, this is really like an army of ants...
Is this a lunacy game or do you have house rules ? Because this seems a wee bit excessive to me... I mean I don't know what happened in history, but I guess there were less than that...
Well You have reached a date where you can't port attack anymore with your planes, except with enormous numerical superiority... You have to settle with attacking ships at sea..
Anyway, this is really like an army of ants...
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
RE: Future Allied attack paths.corsairs and punishment
turning point ?
maybe to early and too small ........but sth really changes ... I feel it in the air
hopefully i still have some nice ideas to do
maybe to early and too small ........but sth really changes ... I feel it in the air
hopefully i still have some nice ideas to do
RE: Future Allied attack paths.corsairs and punishment
Yes the change has come..................it is your doom.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
I hate PTs
there is no diffrence for PTs what the sea state is
PT are always on station
like in Andy vs PZB they will guard every port like much bigger ships
with todays record i killed total of 40 PTs
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 04/20/43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Chandpur , at 30,25
Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 15
Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 6 damaged
Aircraft Attacking:
15 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Diamond Harbor , at 28,23
Japanese aircraft
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 26
Allied aircraft
Beaufighter VIC x 4
No Japanese losses
Allied aircraft losses
Beaufighter VIC: 1 damaged
Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Beaufighter VIC bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Calcutta , at 29,23
Japanese aircraft
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 19
Allied aircraft
Beaufighter VIF x 5
Wellington III x 28
Liberator VI x 6
B-25C Mitchell x 20
Japanese aircraft losses
No Japanese losses
Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 1 damaged
Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 2
Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
4 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
6 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
6 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
6 x Liberator VI bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
5 x Beaufighter VIF bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
20 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Tenimbar at 36,81
Japanese Ships
CL Isuzu
DD Shiratsuyu, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Shigure, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Murasame
DD Yudachi
DD Samidare
DD Yamakaze
DD Hatsushima
DD Wakaba
DD Yugure
DD Ariake
DD Fubuki
DD Kasasagi
DD Hayabusa
Allied Ships
PT PT-103
PT PT-105, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
PT PT-106, Shell hits 5, and is sunk
PT PT-108
PT PT-236, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
PT PT-241, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
PT PT-243
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Tenimbar at 36,81
Japanese Ships
CL Isuzu
DD Shiratsuyu, Shell hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Shigure, on fire
DD Murasame
DD Yudachi
DD Samidare
DD Yamakaze
DD Hatsushima
DD Wakaba
DD Yugure
DD Ariake
DD Fubuki
DD Kasasagi
DD Hayabusa
Allied Ships
PT PT-111, Shell hits 10, and is sunk
PT PT-113, Shell hits 9, and is sunk
Day Air attack on TF at 36,79
Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 4
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 15
P-40E Warhawk x 13
No Allied losses
Japanese Ships
DD Shiratsuyu, on fire, heavy damage
Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
2 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
4 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
4 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
4 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 36,79
Allied Ships
SS Argonaut
PT are always on station
like in Andy vs PZB they will guard every port like much bigger ships
with todays record i killed total of 40 PTs
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 04/20/43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Chandpur , at 30,25
Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 15
Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 6 damaged
Aircraft Attacking:
15 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Diamond Harbor , at 28,23
Japanese aircraft
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 26
Allied aircraft
Beaufighter VIC x 4
No Japanese losses
Allied aircraft losses
Beaufighter VIC: 1 damaged
Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Beaufighter VIC bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Calcutta , at 29,23
Japanese aircraft
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 19
Allied aircraft
Beaufighter VIF x 5
Wellington III x 28
Liberator VI x 6
B-25C Mitchell x 20
Japanese aircraft losses
No Japanese losses
Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 1 damaged
Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 2
Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
4 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
6 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
6 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
6 x Liberator VI bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
5 x Beaufighter VIF bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 10000 feet
20 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Tenimbar at 36,81
Japanese Ships
CL Isuzu
DD Shiratsuyu, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Shigure, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Murasame
DD Yudachi
DD Samidare
DD Yamakaze
DD Hatsushima
DD Wakaba
DD Yugure
DD Ariake
DD Fubuki
DD Kasasagi
DD Hayabusa
Allied Ships
PT PT-103
PT PT-105, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
PT PT-106, Shell hits 5, and is sunk
PT PT-108
PT PT-236, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
PT PT-241, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
PT PT-243
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Tenimbar at 36,81
Japanese Ships
CL Isuzu
DD Shiratsuyu, Shell hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Shigure, on fire
DD Murasame
DD Yudachi
DD Samidare
DD Yamakaze
DD Hatsushima
DD Wakaba
DD Yugure
DD Ariake
DD Fubuki
DD Kasasagi
DD Hayabusa
Allied Ships
PT PT-111, Shell hits 10, and is sunk
PT PT-113, Shell hits 9, and is sunk
Day Air attack on TF at 36,79
Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 4
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 15
P-40E Warhawk x 13
No Allied losses
Japanese Ships
DD Shiratsuyu, on fire, heavy damage
Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
2 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
4 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
4 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
4 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 36,79
Allied Ships
SS Argonaut
RE: I hate PTs
yeah but 55 of them for one port is a lot !!!
Shouldn't there be a limit in house rules, sort of like :
port 1-3 : 1 tf of 10
port 4-6 : 2 tfs of 10
Port 6-9 : 3 tfs of 10
?
Shouldn't there be a limit in house rules, sort of like :
port 1-3 : 1 tf of 10
port 4-6 : 2 tfs of 10
Port 6-9 : 3 tfs of 10
?
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
- castor troy
- Posts: 14331
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
- Location: Austria
RE: I hate PTs
ORIGINAL: veji1
yeah but 55 of them for one port is a lot !!!
Shouldn't there be a limit in house rules, sort of like :
port 1-3 : 1 tf of 10
port 4-6 : 2 tfs of 10
Port 6-9 : 3 tfs of 10
?
As long as there is this bug (out of sync) that force you not to strafe PTs there should be a house rule with numbers far lower. Unfortunately I don´t have a house rule on that in any of my PBEMs.[8|]
RE: I hate PTs
they were more numerous in the area as 3 sunk on old mines and at least 5-6 were sunk by strafing fighters from my carriers 2 weaks ago
plus there are many PTs in Nomuea + they guard Darwin from my capitals
All my info about PT is that they were low reliability weapon - very sensitive on sea state- often it was very difficult for them to get to good launch position
in Witp they almost always shoot torpedos and with such numbers they always hit sth
Apart from smallest MSW there is no spare ship type to fight with them as even small PC type are hit often
I know PTs were used in Salomons but I can't remember them doing harm to Japan Navy
also in Surigato strait they achieved suprisingly low at least comparing to opprotunities and their number
strange situation - i don't fear enemy surface TF because i know i can inflict losses to allies
but almost all combat with PT is loose situation. so with hundreds of US PT boats number of night raids will go down dramaticly - looks like we will go back to boring turns from late 42.
plus there are many PTs in Nomuea + they guard Darwin from my capitals
All my info about PT is that they were low reliability weapon - very sensitive on sea state- often it was very difficult for them to get to good launch position
in Witp they almost always shoot torpedos and with such numbers they always hit sth
Apart from smallest MSW there is no spare ship type to fight with them as even small PC type are hit often
I know PTs were used in Salomons but I can't remember them doing harm to Japan Navy
also in Surigato strait they achieved suprisingly low at least comparing to opprotunities and their number
strange situation - i don't fear enemy surface TF because i know i can inflict losses to allies
but almost all combat with PT is loose situation. so with hundreds of US PT boats number of night raids will go down dramaticly - looks like we will go back to boring turns from late 42.
- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
RE: I hate PTs
Don't worry about the sync bug as it only effects the Allied players combat replay. Strafe the crap out of them but send a copy of your combat report. If he does not like it tell him to complain to the guy responsible for bugging the program.[:D]


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
RE: I hate PTs
PT Boats are not that much use except as a detterent the hit rate is poor and they are nothing more than a target if out of fuel.
A good screen will normally wipe the floor with them
On attack they run out of fuel and wont stay on station no matter what orders you give them unless you actually put them in the assault fleet which is a waste of a slot that a MSW or DD is better in. So on attack they are a last resort
On defence use them to guard harbours and bases thats what they are there for the main value there is the ops points that it wastes in the bombardment TF I rarely find them getting hits unless XP is in 80's and then only rarely. (PT Boats arent actually that much smaller than some of the old IJN DD's and PG's)
I have found them invaluable for protecting bases because the enemy has to deal with them before getting to transports or air base so less chance of a nuke bombardment.
I think the only time I concentrated that many in one place was the time I picked up PZB coming tin to Sag Sag and concentrated about 30 of them to intercept. (On thatcase I think I lost Quincy and a few DD's that were also there)
DD's Flotillas are a lot better for protecting harbours as they will do more damage but PT boats do have there uses especially on islands and atolls for limiting the damage caused by nuke bombardments.
Andy
A good screen will normally wipe the floor with them
On attack they run out of fuel and wont stay on station no matter what orders you give them unless you actually put them in the assault fleet which is a waste of a slot that a MSW or DD is better in. So on attack they are a last resort
On defence use them to guard harbours and bases thats what they are there for the main value there is the ops points that it wastes in the bombardment TF I rarely find them getting hits unless XP is in 80's and then only rarely. (PT Boats arent actually that much smaller than some of the old IJN DD's and PG's)
I have found them invaluable for protecting bases because the enemy has to deal with them before getting to transports or air base so less chance of a nuke bombardment.
I think the only time I concentrated that many in one place was the time I picked up PZB coming tin to Sag Sag and concentrated about 30 of them to intercept. (On thatcase I think I lost Quincy and a few DD's that were also there)
DD's Flotillas are a lot better for protecting harbours as they will do more damage but PT boats do have there uses especially on islands and atolls for limiting the damage caused by nuke bombardments.
Andy
RE: I hate PTs
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
Don't worry about the sync bug as it only effects the Allied players combat replay. Strafe the crap out of them but send a copy of your combat report. If he does not like it tell him to complain to the guy responsible for bugging the program.[:D]
honestly speaking neither me nor Raverdave did not notice any sign of sync bug in this game
RE: I hate PTs
anyway the point is that 55 PTs is a lot... Is there a limited number of slots for them ?
If there isn't then it might be a good idea to create one, so that allies have to choose where to allocate them...
If there isn't then it might be a good idea to create one, so that allies have to choose where to allocate them...
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
RE: I hate PTs
i doubt there is any limit
i need to get used to that
i need to get used to that
- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
RE: I hate PTs
ORIGINAL: Sneer
i doubt there is any limit
i need to get used to that
Just another house rule instigator. Boy there are alot of house rules necessary to even contemplate playing this game.[;)] I am an apartment dweller...guess I'm screwed.[:'(]


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
RE: I hate PTs
the problem is Raverdave has nothing except PT boats to stop Sneer-san. Desperate situations requires desperate measures.
In the normal situation, where Allies have their fleet afloat i'm for the house rule, of course.
In the normal situation, where Allies have their fleet afloat i'm for the house rule, of course.

- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: I hate PTs
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Sneer
i doubt there is any limit
i need to get used to that
Just another house rule instigator. Boy there are alot of house rules necessary to even contemplate playing this game.[;)] I am an apartment dweller...guess I'm screwed.[:'(]
Ron;
We really need to get you in a house.[:D] We don't want you to miss out.[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
RE: I hate PTs
ORIGINAL: pauk
the problem is Raverdave has nothing except PT boats to stop Sneer-san. Desperate situations requires desperate measures.
In the normal situation, where Allies have their fleet afloat i'm for the house rule, of course.
not exactly
there is almost whole cruiser force and DD should also be in good numbers
RE: I hate PTs
ORIGINAL: veji1
yeah but 55 of them for one port is a lot !!!
Shouldn't there be a limit in house rules, sort of like :
port 1-3 : 1 tf of 10
port 4-6 : 2 tfs of 10
Port 6-9 : 3 tfs of 10
?
I must admit o being somewhat intrigued by your comments on my use of PT boats and how it seems inappropriate that so many should be “stacked” in one hex.
To date I have had 561 allied ships sunk by Sneer which as you might imagine leaves me somewhat stretched in being able to cover all of my ports and points of interest I am forced to use what I have on hand.
The use of 55+ PT boats does not seem to me to be gamey in anyway……what if those 55 PT boats were PG’s or SG’s or even DD’s? Would having 55 DD’s in one hex be silly?
If you were in my current situation, having lost 561 ships what would you do?

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: I hate PTs
number is not a gamey
only its flexibility/efficiency is IMO higher than IRL
only its flexibility/efficiency is IMO higher than IRL





