Lunacy or Shrewdness?

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Nemo121 »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/18/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1002 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Guysborough
MSW Caraquet
PG Vancouver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1002 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Guysborough
MSW Caraquet
PG Vancouver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Koepang , at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 21
Hudson I x 59
B-17E Fortress x 90


Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
110 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 66
Port hits 1
Port supply hits 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 120th USN Base Force, at 42,58

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 16
A6M2 Zero x 9
D3A Val x 55
B5N Kate x 66
G4M1 Betty x 34
Ki-21 Sally x 12
Ki-48 Lily x 6
Ki-49 Helen x 3

No Japanese losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 12th Chinese Corps, at 43,32

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 17
Ki-48 Lily x 8
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Ki-15 Babs x 2

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 1
I-16c x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-27 Nate: 1 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 2 destroyed, 4 damaged
Ki-15 Babs: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
I-16c: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 6th Chinese Cavalry Corps, at 45,35

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 10

No Japanese losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 4th Australian Division, at 21,3

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 26
Ki-21 Sally x 61
Ki-46-II Dinah x 4

Allied aircraft
Hurricane II x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 damaged
Ki-21 Sally: 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hurricane II: 3 destroyed


Allied ground losses:
113 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 81st PA Division, at 42,58

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 63
A6M2 Zero x 35
D3A Val x 156
B5N Kate x 212
G4M1 Betty x 101
Ki-21 Sally x 33
Ki-48 Lily x 19
Ki-49 Helen x 8

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
16 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Ogliuga Island at 97,36

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 4 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Hammann

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Ogliuga Island at 97,36

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 20
G3M Nell x 13
G4M1 Betty x 10

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val: 5 destroyed, 10 damaged
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed, 5 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 3 damaged

Allied Ships
BB New Mexico
BB Mississippi, Bomb hits 2
BB Idaho, Bomb hits 1
BB Colorado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Ogliuga Island at 97,36

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK San Anselmo, Bomb hits 1

I got frustrated with karachi and jumped the gun before Kiska was a Level 4 Airfield. That's what frustration will do to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on French Frigate Shoal , at 104,68


Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 7
B-26B Marauder x 36

No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 9
B-25C Mitchell x 6


No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Hakutetsu Maru #13, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Chungking

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 166397 troops, 2135 guns, 11 vehicles, Assault Value = 3470

Defending force 168888 troops, 1183 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3885


Allied ground losses:
131 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Karachi

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 3040 troops, 106 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 4407

Defending force 119234 troops, 1058 guns, 207 vehicles, Assault Value = 2303


Allied ground losses:
36 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Washington Island

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2249 troops, 30 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 42

Defending force 8011 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 82


Japanese ground losses:
46 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Allied ground losses:
3 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Nemo121 »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/19/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1002 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Guysborough
MSW Caraquet
PG Vancouver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1028 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Lockeport
MSW Canso

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Karachi, at 21,3


Allied aircraft
no flights


Allied aircraft losses
Hurricane II: 5 destroyed
Dakota I: 1 destroyed
Catalina I: 1 destroyed

Japanese Ships
BB Hyuga
DD Hamakaze
DD Hatsukaze
CA Kako
CA Furutaka
CA Kinugasa
CA Aoba
CA Kumano
CA Myoko
CA Chikuma
BB Yamato

Allied Ships
AK Empire Geraint, Shell hits 1, on fire, heavy damage


Allied ground losses:
8458 casualties reported
Guns lost 47
Vehicles lost 13

Airbase hits 21
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 142
Port hits 5
Port fuel hits 2
Port supply hits 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Karachi, at 21,3


Allied aircraft
no flights


Allied aircraft losses
Hurricane II: 1 destroyed

Japanese Ships
DD Nowaki
DD Akigumo
CA Mogami
CA Tone
CA Mikuma
CA Nachi
CA Ashigara
BB Haruna
CA Chokai
BB Kongo

Allied Ships
AK Empire Geraint, Shell hits 2, on fire, heavy damage


Allied ground losses:
2165 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Airbase hits 12
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 183
Port hits 1
Port supply hits 1

10,500 more support troops get removed from the mix. Only 50some guns join them but tomorrow my main force will attack again. No matter what my losses if I can continue reducing fortification levels I may be actually able to make something out of this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1002 encounters mine field at Amchitka Island (96,36) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

186 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Allied Ships
MSW Guysborough, Shell hits 63, on fire, heavy damage
MSW Caraquet, Shell hits 44, on fire, heavy damage
PG Vancouver, Mine hits 1, on fire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1002 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Guysborough, on fire, heavy damage
MSW Caraquet, on fire, heavy damage
PG Vancouver, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

I have no idea what happened here. Maybe someone can ask Trey in his thread... It looks like his escort TF moved into Amchitka and then retreated back to Ogliuga. All 3 ships in the TF sank with the particularly unlucky Vancouver managing to hit a mine in each of the two hexes ;)
Perhaps Trey ordered this to test my defences but I imagine it is more likely that this was the result of some sort of movement bug. The CD battery at Amchitka has now accounted for at least 5 enemy minor surface combatants. Not bad at all.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1028 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Lockeport
MSW Canso

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Colombo , at 14,24

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8
Ki-21 Sally x 28

Allied aircraft
Wirraway x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 14 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Wirraway: 1 destroyed

Port hits 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Koepang , at 28,77

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 14

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 6
Hudson I x 36
B-17E Fortress x 45

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 3 destroyed, 8 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 6 destroyed
Hudson I: 7 destroyed, 5 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 3 destroyed, 11 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 56
Port hits 2

I forgot to set all of my Zero Daitai at Kendari to LRCAP so only 14 LRCAPed Koepang. Still, they did a very good job downing 16 enemy planes at the cost of only 3 of their number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 1st Tank Regiment, at 36,25


Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 9


No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x SB-2c bombing at 5000 feet
3 x SB-2c bombing at 5000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 120th USN Base Force, at 42,58

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 80
A6M3 Zero x 25
D3A Val x 205
B5N Kate x 285
G4M1 Betty x 130
Ki-21 Sally x 49
Ki-48 Lily x 26
Ki-49 Helen x 11

No Japanese losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 71st Chinese Division, at 43,32

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 14
Ki-48 Lily x 4
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Ki-15 Babs x 2

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 1
I-16c x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-27 Nate: 1 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 2 destroyed
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
I-16c: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 71st Chinese Division, at 43,32

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 39

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 1
I-16c x 3

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 6th Chinese Cavalry Corps, at 45,35

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 10

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on FMSV Brigade, at 23,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 51
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 36

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
25 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 14th Indian Division, at 21,3

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 21
Ki-21 Sally x 53
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
67 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 4th Australian Division, at 21,3

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 47
Ki-46-II Dinah x 4

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
30 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 14

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 4 destroyed

Japanese Ships
AP Hakutetsu Maru #13, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on French Frigate Shoal , at 104,68


Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 7
B-26B Marauder x 64


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Runway hits 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Chungking

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 166694 troops, 2152 guns, 11 vehicles, Assault Value = 3483

Defending force 168384 troops, 1180 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3886


Allied ground losses:
279 casualties reported

Chinese force levels continue to plummet. It really looks as though bombarding is the way to go here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Karachi

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 3054 troops, 107 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 4451

Defending force 107598 troops, 989 guns, 193 vehicles, Assault Value = 2290


Allied ground losses:
29 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Washington Island

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2278 troops, 30 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 44

Defending force 7966 troops, 35 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 82


Japanese ground losses:
152 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Allied ground losses:
1 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Nemo121 »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/20/42

And now for the ground assault. This is very important. If it fails badly then I will have no option but to take the offer. If it has a chance of success then I will continue attacking. I'll have to forego Pearl but so be it. Also if, after the kerfuffle over Karachi Karachi does fall I won't be bending over backwards to let Trey have access to his British troops... previously I was intending to let him bring the British troops into CONUSA once Karachi fell.

One question. Trey is bringing the North Pacific HQ over to Karachi... If this HQ is destroyed what will happen to US Northern Pacific forces for the rest of the war? Will they all also be stuck in limbo?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1028 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Lockeport
MSW Canso

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Karachi, at 21,3


Allied aircraft
no flights


Allied aircraft losses
Hurricane II: 1 destroyed

Japanese Ships
DD Hamakaze
DD Hatsukaze
CA Kako
CA Furutaka
CA Kinugasa
CA Aoba
CA Kumano
CA Myoko
CA Chikuma
BB Hyuga
BB Yamato

Allied Ships
AK Empire Geraint, Shell hits 5, on fire, heavy damage


Allied ground losses:
1148 casualties reported
Guns lost 15

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 74
Port hits 15
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 2

This TF had already used most of its ammo. it was just kept in the hex to better phase my future bombardment TFs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1028 encounters mine field at Amchitka Island (96,36) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

118 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships

Allied Ships
MSW Lockeport, Shell hits 35, on fire, heavy damage
MSW Canso, Shell hits 28, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1028 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Lockeport, on fire, heavy damage
MSW Canso, on fire, heavy damage

And here comes another MSW-suicide run. The CD guns at Amchitka have now sunk 3 DMS and 4 MSW. What the hell is going on here? It makes no sense whatsoever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Colombo , at 14,24

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8
Ki-21 Sally x 20

Allied aircraft
Wirraway x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 destroyed, 12 damaged


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 1st Tank Regiment, at 36,25


Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 15


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
25 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 71st Chinese Division, at 43,32

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 38

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 1
I-16c x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-27 Nate: 1 damaged


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on FMSV Brigade, at 23,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 50
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 27

No Japanese losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 4th Australian Division, at 21,3

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 14
Ki-21 Sally x 53
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 damaged


Allied ground losses:
92 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 4th Australian Division, at 21,3

Japanese aircraft
A6M3 Zero x 6
Ki-21 Sally x 25
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
28 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 4th Australian Division, at 21,3

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 35
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 2 damaged


Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 6
Hudson I x 3
B-17E Fortress x 18


No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
PG Yachiyo Maru, Bomb hits 2
AP Ryotaku Maru
AP Konsan Maru
AP Mikage Maru #20, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AP Montoiru Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
123 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 14
Hudson I x 13
B-17E Fortress x 11


No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Ryotaku Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AP Tainichi Maru
AP Konsan Maru
AP Mikage Maru #20, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AP Montoiru Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AP Miyako Maru, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AP Heizan Maru, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
336 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

LRCAP didn't fly. Ah well, so be it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Karachi, at 21,3

Japanese Ships
DD Natsushio
DD Oyashio
DD Makigumo
CA Maya
CA Takao
BB Yamashiro
BB Fuso
BB Nagato
BB Kirishima
BB Hiei

Allied Ships
AK Empire Geraint, Shell hits 10, on fire, heavy damage


Allied ground losses:
2781 casualties reported
Guns lost 15

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 38
Port hits 19
Port fuel hits 7
Port supply hits 2


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Karachi

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 223069 troops, 2181 guns, 1034 vehicles, Assault Value = 4966

Defending force 103999 troops, 980 guns, 193 vehicles, Assault Value = 2290

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 7

Japanese max assault: 4485 - adjusted assault: 4013

Allied max defense: 2170 - adjusted defense: 13601

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 7)


Japanese ground losses:
7474 casualties reported
Guns lost 214
Vehicles lost 31

Allied ground losses:
935 casualties reported
Guns lost 35

My losses are fairly heavy BUT the Allies are definitely weaker than they were in terms of unadjusted AV since the last attack and their adjusted AV is down by about 6,000. If I can get them down to 7,000 AV then they'll be within range of a 1:1 Shock Attack result. That'd be pretty amazing for my forces IMO. Unfortunately loads of American troops will arrive before I get the Allies down to Fort Level 0 but I should also be able to bring in a significantly larger number of level bombers by month's end as my rebuilding of my bomber fleet begins to pay dividends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Chungking

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 167006 troops, 2161 guns, 11 vehicles, Assault Value = 3499

Defending force 167696 troops, 1172 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3879


Allied ground losses:
335 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Washington Island

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2271 troops, 32 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 45

Defending force 7813 troops, 29 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 77


Japanese ground losses:
92 casualties reported
Guns lost 8

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by ny59giants »

If I remember right, Allied command HQ's like North Pacific will come back in the USA from 3 to 6 months (closer to 3 months, I think) if they are destroyed. 
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Nemo121 »

Thanks ny59giants.
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
pauk
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by pauk »

greetings Nemo,

It won't make me popular in your eyes, but i partly agree with Redd... As you mentioned in the title of the thread this is anarchy rules... i'm aware that you could defend most issue (like passing Singapore - it is doable, Japs could sails between Java and Sumatra towards India...) but 1st turn is something completely different...

Let's not to go deeper into disscusion and explanations (Japs couldn't sneak without being spotted, etc)...All i want to say that your opponent agreed on rules which looks pretty nasty for Allies and now he uses everything he can to stop your juggernaut[:)]

Actually i think he is doing a good thing with throwing B-17 from CCCP teritory to Karachi - more planes to be destroyed.. if he continue to do that he will run out soon of them... and that's only stick which Allies have early in the game...

I know you are frustrated, but i would advice to keep your Irish temper calm[;)] (I know that your Irish temper wants "kick out the Brits from India" [:D]) and exploit his recent moves:

- if he continue to bring ac to Karachi good - you will get some more easy points for you. As far as i know, British ac reinforcements arrives in Karachi... good[:D]... just send your BB line and you will destroy Spits, Dakotas and all usefull planes the British get. Even if you don't capture Karachi you will keep Brits calm down for another year... that isn't bad, right?

- also, i think that ships are arriving in Karachi too.... (do i need to say more?[:D])

- start preparing your defensive line - first line and defensive line in depth (choose the line where you think is favourable for defending Empire)

- keep an eye on reinforcements - you can buy really cheap reinforcement divisions from Kwantung/CEA/HI if you don't have enough armament points in the pool - division will arrive ad 1/4 of the TOE but it will cost less. Of cours, it would take app 6 months till those divisions reach 100% TOE but I don't think that you will be threaten soon, so you may do that.

- run your war industry at full strength. You are low on supply by now, but once when you have 15K HI and plenty of resources /you already have latter/ you will start to stockpile supply.

- continue your raids on Pacific - destroy his US fleet - transports, warships, anything. If you done that you will be in position that Allies can't hurt you before 1944... and by that time you will have your main defencive line well fortified, your AF will be more than good trained.. and, you will be in even better position than PzB or Sneer (if you keep your head cool)

- since North Pacific forces are heading to Karachi, you can even capture those bases on the north...

The key for success is to switch your thinking from the your initial strategy to new one, IMHO. Can you do this? I hope that you can...[:)]

Meanwhile, you can try to capture Karachi... all the Samurais are with you![&o][:)]
Image
User avatar
Capt. Harlock
Posts: 5379
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Capt. Harlock »

I can understand your frustration with the game mechanics, but let's face it: there really isn't a good way for a computer game to model what happens at the edge of a map. It certainly would have been possible for U.S. units to be shipped around Cape Horn and into south Asia in the event of an emergency, and a siege of Karachi qualifies. If the game were truly real-world-modeled you wouldn't have arrived at the gates of Karachi in May '42 in the first place: the IJA could not have extended its supply lines that far, that fast, even if there weren't a monsoon season.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Nemo121 »

I needed a few hours to just watch the football.. Zinedine, WHAT were you thinking???? *sigh* ... and decide whether to go with my head or my heart. I decided to listen to my blood and tell Trey that his offer at Karachi was kind etc but that I wasn't going to take it... also if and when Karachi falls my previous offer to allow all british forces to still appear on the map and be shipped to CONUSA is gone.
 
If he isn't pulling punches then I don't see why I should... and I HAVE pulled my punches so far... From now on, within the constraints of the parameters I set earlier I will do everything I can to maximise Japanese production, training, fighting capabilities etc etc to an extent I haven't done yet.
 
Pauk,
I agree with you regarding the four-engined bombers. Trey's four-engined bomber losses now exceed 700 planes in only slightly over 6 months of combat. Admittedly the B24 has entered service and so that will help him somewhat but I'll also be fielding large numbers of Tonys soon enough and that's going to balance out this advantage.
 
I've also exceeded 150 Sallys produced per month and that is allowing me to rebuild my bomber squadrons. Soon I will be able to mount ground attacks at Karachi of more than 200 bombers per attack. That should knock the stuffing out of the defenders.
 
 
I already have about 14,800 HI and 50,000 in reserve but my MASSIVE shipbuilding effort ( almost 1900 naval shipyard points) is eating an awful lot of that HI. between merchant and naval shipyard construction I am burning 5,700 HI per day of the 14,800 ;). Since I'm expanding everywhere supplies are low but that will all be sorted out in time. By the end of 1942 ( when I really need it) I should have more than enough supplies to stockpile what I need where I need it and move on from there.
 
As to the north... Yes, I've been letting Trey over-extend there. Once New Zealand is taken I intend to slash and burn everything in the Northern Area. Of course all of this depends on Karachi falling. Anyways thanks for the input... and don't worry, disagreeing with people is part of life... It's a good part too because if no-one ever disagreed with us we'd never learn where we were wrong.
 
P.s. As to the argument that the Japanese couldn't sneak without being spotted. I merely point to the pre-war Dutch, British, American agreement whereby if Japanese troop convoys passed a certain longtitude war would be declared. When they passed this point on December 4th the Japanese asked for the agreement to be invoked and the Americans and british refused ;). SO I don't think they would have remained unspotted. I think that political realities meant the Japanese had to be allowed to land the first stroke. Still, as you say it is a side-issue.
 
 
P.p.s. As you British plane losses are "excessive" ;). Right now Trey has lost slightly over 6,100 aircraft ;).That's almost 1,000 aircraft per month and every day more Hurricanes, Spitfires etc are destroyed ;)
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
Redd
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: Livermore,CA.

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Redd »

OK, since you asked, let me think. Is an island in the middle of the map the same as a major city on the edge of the map? In fact a city, like the USA city, where reinforcements arrive. This is a rhetorical question right? The point is, the devs never thought that it would come to that. So they didn't do anything about it. It's not worth getting your blood pressure up over it. You're suppose to be having a good time.[:D]


Just because we don't see eye to eye on everything doesn't make me a " fanboy ". If anything I'd say I was a "do it so you have fun" fanboy. If adding in a bunch of house rules and holding back because it feels more realistic makes for a better game, then I'm all for it. If you want to just play the game the way that it was presented to you out of the box (which is apparantly viewed by most on this board as "anarchy" or "lunacy") then I'm for that as well. If you remember, back at the beginning, when others were trying to tell you how to play the game, I posted in support of your playing style. I'm not against you.[;)]


I realise that my last post seemed rather negative, but unfortunately I was abruptly called away by real life and didn't have time to finish it properly. The main point that I was trying to get accross was that at the beginning you said that it was anything goes, but now you have issues. Most people here seem to have "issues" and from what I've seen it seriously affects their happiness. If your not having a good time then why play the game?[&:]


All that I am saying is that the game is not going to get changed anytime soon. Whether or not you are right on any given topic is not going be rewarded. I'm just trying to present another option: Instead of butting your head against a brick wall," manuever" around it. As others have mentioned, you're not in a bad position defensively. I just wanna see a good game. From a spectators standpoint, India as a front is much more interesting than India as a backwater. Seems like it might be more fun to play as well.[8D]


Just my 2 cents.[:D]
User avatar
Redd
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: Livermore,CA.

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Redd »

You don't have the option to allow Trey access to his British units if Karachi falls. If it falls then they are in limbo untill it reopens. Maybe thats why he's not biting.


For what it's worth; don't hold back. You'll be happier. Kick ass. Take names.Banzai!!![:D]
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Sneer »

i'm with Pauk in this debate
User avatar
ctangus
Posts: 2153
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:34 pm
Location: Boston, Mass.

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by ctangus »

It's 30 days for a HQ to respawn - recently learned that one the hard way in a game. [;)]
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Nemo121 »

Redd,

The "Deus Ex Machina" defence isn't one I would find acceptable in any field of work, whether that be a book, a cardiac arrest or anysuch. So, I think that Karachi should have no different mechanism for receiving supply than is available to the smallest island on-map. For example, if Karachi actually had 15,000 resource points then I'd have no argument with it receiving this supply every day. It would be entirely within keeping with reasonable game mechanisms AND, importantly, I'd have a counter. However the designer has put a deus ex machina in place and I reject the validity of all such solutions no matter where they arise. They are, usually, signal proof of insufficient thought being directed at game/plot etc mechanics IMO.

As to the situation at Karachi... I will continue attacking. If Star Trek game mechanics result in failure then I will have to reconsider my position. I am very much of the opinion that while one might accept that Trey has hewed to the letter of our pre-game agreement ( insofar as a completely unanticipated situation I never knew could come about wasn't explicitly covered) he has, IMO, quite clearly breached the spirit of our agreement insofar as what he is doing has no basis in newtonian physics and DOES take advantage of uninterceptable movement ( precisely the reason why air-laid mines are banned).

Others disagree and that is, of course, your right. Suffice it to say I consider what he has done completely against the spirit of our game and in a new game where I am playing as the Allies I have explicitly forbidden myself from using it as to do so would, IMO, be nothing more than cheating. That's how I feel about what has been going on here.


As to the fanboy comment. I wasn't actually referring directly to you. More a general comment about the timbre of discussion hereabout.

As to british access to units if Karachi falls. We were quite clear that if Karachi fell trey would have been allowed access to his British reinforcements. If that had meant allowing him to retake Karachi so that units would appear there and he could ship them to Australia then that would have been allowed. That allowance was a result of my belief that we needed to do what was historically plausible rather than what gave us maximum advantage. What I thought was understood has been shown not to be understood so I see no need to continue hewing to what, it seems, was never reciprocal in the first place.

So, attacking ships in port the day they arrive and timing bombardment runs specifically to do that is, obviously, not really in keeping with the spirit of fair play BUT there is nothing in the letter of the rules we agreed on to forbid it. I refrained from that until now and let a UK carrier get away because of it. No more. If only the letter of the rules apply on one side then only they apply to my side also... and yes, I am incandescent about this issue.

I understand many might disagree. They have a right to as I have a right to remember the spirit in which we began the game and to realise that is not the same spirit which prevailed during recent discussions of what was and wasn't really feasible.


AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/21/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1002 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Courtenay
MSW Quatsino

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1002 encounters mine field at Amchitka Island (96,36) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

142 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
PG Santo Maru, and is sunk

This ship sank after its punishment at the hands of the guns at Washington Island... In keeping with the new spirit of the game the troops at Washington which I had, so far, refrained from fully crushing will be crushed by the addition of another regiment. Seyla.


Allied Ships
MSW Courtenay, Shell hits 57, on fire, heavy damage
MSW Quatsino, Shell hits 30, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1002 encounters mine field at Ogliuga Island (97,36)

Allied Ships
MSW Courtenay, on fire, heavy damage
MSW Quatsino, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 120th USN Base Force, at 42,58

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 78
A6M3 Zero x 26
D3A Val x 208
B5N Kate x 279
G4M1 Betty x 113
Ki-21 Sally x 51
Ki-48 Lily x 22
Ki-49 Helen x 13

No Japanese losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 119th USAAF Base Force, at 38,59

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 164

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-27 Nate: 1 damaged


Allied ground losses:
66 casualties reported

I'm dividing up my training squadron types by base. Naval fighters and carrier-based air will operate from one base, Bettys and Nells at another, army bombers yet another etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 5th Chinese Cavalry Corps, at 45,35

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 10

No Japanese losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on FMSV Brigade, at 23,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 62
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 27

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
21 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 5
Hudson I x 19
B-17E Fortress x 37


No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
PG Yachiyo Maru
AP Shinai Maru, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
AP Minto Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire
AP Tainichi Maru
AP Miyako Maru, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage
AP Konsan Maru, Bomb hits 11, on fire, heavy damage
AP Nagaragawa Maru, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
AP Mikage Maru #20, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
161 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 15


No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Miyako Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AP Heizan Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AP Tainichi Maru, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AP Shinai Maru, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 12
Hudson I x 11
B-25C Mitchell x 6


No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Hakutetsu Maru #13, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
PG Aso Maru
AP Ayo Maru

The bait got clobbered and the LRCAP didn't fly. Ah well, the gambit will continue. The need to attrit the LBA pilot quality prior to the invasion of Northern Australia outweighs the need to keep these cripples alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on French Frigate Shoal , at 104,68


Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 9
B-26B Marauder x 32


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 14
Hudson I x 10
B-17E Fortress x 3


No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Minto Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AP Heizan Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AP Nagaragawa Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
32 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 28,77


Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 9


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 20,4

Japanese Ships
PG Myoken Maru
MSW W.11
MSW W.9
MSW W.8
MSW W.7
APD APD-46
APD APD-39
APD APD-38
APD APD-37
APD APD-36
APD APD-33
APD APD-2
APD APD-1

Allied Ships
SS Halibut, hits 7


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Chungking

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 167230 troops, 2167 guns, 12 vehicles, Assault Value = 3512

Defending force 166692 troops, 1155 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3873


Allied ground losses:
185 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at 42,30

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 21011 troops, 194 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 373

Defending force 7527 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 46


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Washington Island

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 7764 troops, 20 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 76

Defending force 8583 troops, 102 guns, 8 vehicles, Assault Value = 45

Japanese max assault: 66 - adjusted assault: 8

Allied max defense: 41 - adjusted defense: 27

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 0)


Japanese ground losses:
402 casualties reported
Guns lost 8

Allied ground losses:
37 casualties reported
Guns lost 5


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Karachi

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 3014 troops, 105 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 4578

Defending force 104311 troops, 957 guns, 193 vehicles, Assault Value = 2247



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Washington Island

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2259 troops, 29 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 43

Defending force 7102 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 43


John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Nemo121 »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/22/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 1st Tank Regiment, at 36,25


Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 17


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
24 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 71st Chinese Division, at 43,32

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 39

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 1
I-16c x 6

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Chungking

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 167673 troops, 2180 guns, 11 vehicles, Assault Value = 3526

Defending force 166453 troops, 1140 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3875


Allied ground losses:
169 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at 42,30

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 21009 troops, 199 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 372

Defending force 7365 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 44


Allied ground losses:
22 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Karachi

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2978 troops, 107 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 4632

Defending force 105952 troops, 986 guns, 194 vehicles, Assault Value = 2260


Allied ground losses:
79 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Washington Island

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2289 troops, 30 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 44

Defending force 7148 troops, 9 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 46

Japanese ground losses:
23 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
1 casualties reported
Guns lost 1



And below you can see some of the collection of British, Indian, Australian and American units defending Karachi. I must admit that giving the Americans access to Star Trek technology really does work as a wonderful Deus Ex Machina. Four more American units teleported in last night.

Image
Attachments
22ndJune42.jpg
22ndJune42.jpg (211.31 KiB) Viewed 365 times
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Nemo121 »

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/23/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 21,4

Japanese Ships
DD Hamakaze
DD Hatsukaze
CA Aoba

Allied Ships
SS S-35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 1022 encounters mine field at Adak Island (98,36)

Allied Ships
BB New Mexico, Mine hits 1

Its only another Type 4 mine so no major damage was done. It should act to make Trey very wary of an amphibious invasion though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Karachi, at 21,3


Allied aircraft
no flights


Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 1 destroyed

Japanese Ships
DD Nowaki
DD Akigumo
CA Mikuma
CA Mogami
CA Ashigara
CA Nachi
CA Chokai
CA Tone
BB Haruna
BB Kongo


Allied ground losses:
3343 casualties reported
Guns lost 47
Vehicles lost 2

Airbase hits 17
Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 49
Port hits 17
Port fuel hits 2
Port supply hits 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coastal Guns at Washington Island, 108,86, firing at TF 20
TF 20 troops unloading over beach at Washington Island, 108,86


785 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
AP Teikei Maru, Shell hits 35, on fire, heavy damage
PG Busho Maru, Shell hits 10, on fire
AP Kogane Maru, Shell hits 8, on fire
AP Tenryu Maru, Shell hits 2, on fire
AP Tenran Maru, Shell hits 26, on fire
AP Shozan Maru, Shell hits 4
AP Tatsujin Maru, Shell hits 15, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
981 casualties reported
Guns lost 13

Allied ground losses:
5 casualties reported

This is the landing of the 2nd regiment. I have configured this landing to succeed. It will cost heavy losses BUT I really wanted to destroy the forces at Washington Island quickly as a sort of riposte to the BS happening with the teleport machines at San Francisco etc. It isn't much of a riposte but its all I have immediately available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Trimcomalee , at 15,25

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9

Allied aircraft
Beaufort I x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufort I: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Koepang , at 28,77

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 14

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 11
Hudson I x 22
B-17E Fortress x 28

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed, 6 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged
Hudson I: 6 destroyed, 3 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Ayo Maru, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AP Hakutetsu Maru #13, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
PG Aso Maru, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Port fuel hits 2
Port supply hits 2

Ah good. 7 Allied planes are downed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Koepang , at 28,77

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 7

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 25

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
AP Ayo Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Washington Island , at 108,86

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 17

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 2 destroyed, 7 damaged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 1st Tank Regiment, at 36,25


Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 9


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 120th USN Base Force, at 42,58

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 58
A6M3 Zero x 21
D3A Val x 155
B5N Kate x 218

No Japanese losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 119th USAAF Base Force, at 38,59

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 157

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-27 Nate: 1 damaged


Allied ground losses:
5 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on FMSV Brigade, at 23,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 83
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 24

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Chungking

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 168001 troops, 2200 guns, 11 vehicles, Assault Value = 3537

Defending force 165937 troops, 1129 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3875


Allied ground losses:
98 casualties reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at 42,30

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 21121 troops, 198 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 378

Defending force 7374 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 43

Japanese max assault: 364 - adjusted assault: 39

Allied max defense: 43 - adjusted defense: 45

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1


Japanese ground losses:
50 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
109 casualties reported


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Karachi

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2998 troops, 107 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 4683

Defending force 102298 troops, 952 guns, 194 vehicles, Assault Value = 2257


Allied ground losses:
26 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Washington Island

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2318 troops, 31 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 46

Defending force 13265 troops, 81 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 297


Japanese ground losses:
34 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Washington Island

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 6076 troops, 71 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 295

Defending force 8620 troops, 101 guns, 8 vehicles, Assault Value = 46

Japanese max assault: 208 - adjusted assault: 72

Allied max defense: 41 - adjusted defense: 22

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Washington Island base !!!


Japanese ground losses:
858 casualties reported
Guns lost 18

Allied ground losses:
8760 casualties reported
Guns lost 93
Vehicles lost 3

Good. A Coastal Defence Unit, a Base Force and an artillery unit are destroyed. It isn't much, especially, when a similar amount of American troops are flowing into Karachi via Star Trek transporters every 2 or 3 days but it will have to be sufficient.
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
Redd
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: Livermore,CA.

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Redd »

Well, even i f we don't agree on everything, I have to say it's been a heck of a ride so far. I'd argue with you somemore, but unfortunately I'm out of time. My wife and I have sold our house in town to buy a piece of property 20 miles out of town.There is no water, there is no power, it's a camping sort of thing. As soon as I get a well drilled and build a solar power system I'll be back to bother you. Play it the way you feel it, you can't go wrong. I hope that you are up to at least page 40 by the time I  get back.[:D]
User avatar
Feinder
Posts: 7204
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Land o' Lakes, FL

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by Feinder »

You asked folks to weigh in on teleporting...
 
I've got to side with your opponent on this one.  This game is definately a no-holds-barred game.  Considering all the events that have lead up to this point, him "teleporting" units into Karachi is par for the course.
 
Play on.
 
Don't get me wrong Nemo, I've been impressed at how well you have demonstrated what -can- be accomplished in this game (I think WitP has needed something exactly like this AAR for a long time).
 
Play on.
 
You've been beating the snot out of him for months now.  You have him backed up to Karachi for gawd's sake.  Even if you don't take it, you've got him backed up to Karchi for gawd's sake.   It's not even like he's suddenly turnign the tables and invading Kure.  He's a nearly comatose corpse where the bleeding has been staved off within seconds of death. 
 
Play on.
 
Even if you can't/don't take Karchi, this game has a LONG way to go.  Frankly, I doubt if Trey(?) will ever be able to fully recover.  Strategy and wargames is all about adapting.  Trey is having to adapt to the world collapsing.  You're going to have to adapt to keeping Karachi pinned down, and think of something else to do.
 
Play on.
 
-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Image
veji1
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:28 pm

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by veji1 »

yeah Nemo, I have to agree as well. Invading Soerebaja with the first turn warp was stretching the game engine to extremes..., and the warp transportation of troops into Karachi is a stretch as well...

You might get Karachi in the near future, but if you don't, in your shoes I'd try to finish China asap, free the CEA to occupy most of India and relieve the SAA there, and keep pounding Karachi for a while with  part of the Battle line and a good chunk of you Army bombers to attrit him there... In the meanwhile I'd start considering the last offensive operations and the strenghtening of the perimeter...

It is a great AAR and I really look forward to seeing it continue.
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
aztez
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:32 am
Location: Finland

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by aztez »

ORIGINAL: Feinder

You asked folks to weigh in on teleporting...

I've got to side with your opponent on this one.  This game is definately a no-holds-barred game.  Considering all the events that have lead up to this point, him "teleporting" units into Karachi is par for the course.

Play on.

Don't get me wrong Nemo, I've been impressed at how well you have demonstrated what -can- be accomplished in this game (I think WitP has needed something exactly like this AAR for a long time).

Play on.

You've been beating the snot out of him for months now.  You have him backed up to Karachi for gawd's sake.  Even if you don't take it, you've got him backed up to Karchi for gawd's sake.   It's not even like he's suddenly turnign the tables and invading Kure.  He's a nearly comatose corpse where the bleeding has been staved off within seconds of death. 

Play on.

Even if you can't/don't take Karchi, this game has a LONG way to go.  Frankly, I doubt if Trey(?) will ever be able to fully recover.  Strategy and wargames is all about adapting.  Trey is having to adapt to the world collapsing.  You're going to have to adapt to keeping Karachi pinned down, and think of something else to do.

Play on.

-F-


I agree 100%! [:)]
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: When Star Trek meets WWII

Post by ny59giants »

While I feel that your belief that Karachi is like any other base in WitP, it is not. It represents the edge map or the whole Middle East reinforcement point of entry for British and other reinforcements. It's like capturing a particular hex in a land game in Europe and stopping all further reinforcements (which only would be diverted to the nearest road hex with a delay).
I would suggest that you do like I did and switch over to extended map games only (mainly CHS and Irom Storm) where both Aden/Middle East and the United States bases are OFF limits to being attacked (per their read me file) and captured by the Japanese. Every other base is fair game.
I also feel that part of your frustration (i.e. Ego) stems from your desire to capture all Allied territory with the possible exception of some West Coast bases. With Karachi able to stay afloat, your time table is thrown out of whack or may have to be re-adjusted in masse.
Just my opinion. [:D]
[center]Image[/center]
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”