Little bug and Heavy Mortar

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Kojakki
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland

Little bug and Heavy Mortar

Post by Kojakki »

I found strange visual-bug on v2.3.

With Oob editor i converted some weapon-names to Finnish language. example: Hand Grenade = Käsi Kranaatti.I opened WaW and started to purchase units, i found that everything was messed after that scandinavian "ä" letter.

Heavy Mortar:

I have noticed that 120mm mortars cant move on WaW. Speed: 0. Actually after shooting some rounds 120mm mortar is pulled from hole and put on wheels. And 6mens can push and pull that 540kg thingy some time as running speed on road if there is no hills.

Loading mortar to truck: Using truck and clicking hex where mortar locates with left mouse button, it only chooses mortar and truck dont move same hex with mortar. So is there better way to move truck to same hex with mortar?

-Kojakki
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

Hold "Shift" down and you can enter teh hex of another unit rather than select it.

Non-standard characters are not supported in the unit name slot
Kojakki
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland

Post by Kojakki »

Thanks for help!

-Kojakki
Larry Holt
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Atlanta, GA 30068

Post by Larry Holt »

Originally posted by Kojakki:
...
Heavy Mortar:

I have noticed that 120mm mortars cant move on WaW. Speed: 0. Actually after shooting some rounds 120mm mortar is pulled from hole and put on wheels. And 6mens can push and pull that 540kg thingy some time as running speed on road if there is no hills.
...
-Kojakki
I commented on the same thing for AT guns. Paul Vebber stated that while a crew could move the gun, movement of the ammo was a problem so they didn't give any movement points to the guns. I suggest one movement point to at least allow such weapons to move into an out of buildings and I've edited my OOB to reflect this.


------------------
An old soldier but not yet a faded one.
OK, maybe just a bit faded.
Never take counsel of your fears.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”