Aztez (Allies) vs Erstad (Japan)
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
Dave seems to have withdrawn his main naval assets from Aleutians. My recon planes show just some AP's and Japanese boats.
I continue to keep Dutch Harbour airfield closed. Those B17's gain valuable experience flying these missions.
He did try to contest the skies over Yunan. This encounter resulted to 10 planes downed for both sides. (My Spitfires are getting better. Thank god)
Those 2 US CV's are now docked at SF. There CV Wasp go through an upgrade on its AA weapons.
Allied BB Fleet is upgrading at Pearl Harbour. Things are slowly moving ahead.
Not much action last turn but It wohn't remain that way for long.
I continue to keep Dutch Harbour airfield closed. Those B17's gain valuable experience flying these missions.
He did try to contest the skies over Yunan. This encounter resulted to 10 planes downed for both sides. (My Spitfires are getting better. Thank god)
Those 2 US CV's are now docked at SF. There CV Wasp go through an upgrade on its AA weapons.
Allied BB Fleet is upgrading at Pearl Harbour. Things are slowly moving ahead.
Not much action last turn but It wohn't remain that way for long.
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
Things are now stabilized in the Aleutians. No sign of enemy BB's nor KB. I think these ships have now withdrawn to Japan for refits.
Kodiak airfield is now build up. It has a large amount of 4E bombers set on naval strikes. US submarine fleet has also flooded the routes in and out of Aleutians islands chain.
CV Saratoga is now at 15 sys damage. She should soon be ready for battles again. That leaves me 3 operational US fleet carriers. All of them are docked at SF.
BB South Dakota and BB Pennsylvania are ordered to sail from Pearl Harbour to SF. This due to the fact that these ships refuse to upgared at Pearl. (Rest of BB's upgraded just fine)
The RN strike force has left NZ. It will sail the Northern route towards CenPac. Propably these ships are a month away now.
I will receive 2 US divisions within 2 weeks time. This is excellent and I will continue to build up my forward bases to the initial allied offensive thrust.
All in all. Quiet again but I will be conducting offensive operations at Aleutians soon enough.
Kodiak airfield is now build up. It has a large amount of 4E bombers set on naval strikes. US submarine fleet has also flooded the routes in and out of Aleutians islands chain.
CV Saratoga is now at 15 sys damage. She should soon be ready for battles again. That leaves me 3 operational US fleet carriers. All of them are docked at SF.
BB South Dakota and BB Pennsylvania are ordered to sail from Pearl Harbour to SF. This due to the fact that these ships refuse to upgared at Pearl. (Rest of BB's upgraded just fine)
The RN strike force has left NZ. It will sail the Northern route towards CenPac. Propably these ships are a month away now.
I will receive 2 US divisions within 2 weeks time. This is excellent and I will continue to build up my forward bases to the initial allied offensive thrust.
All in all. Quiet again but I will be conducting offensive operations at Aleutians soon enough.
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
We are now nearing 6/43 in this PBEM. [:)] Very nice pace indeed!
I did receive 3rd USCM division and 1st US Cavalry division last turn. The 1st USCM will be heading immediately to Christmas Island for the build up for upcoming offensive there. 1st Cavalry division will head out to Anchorage.
First plan is to liberate Dutch Harbour. Those remnants of 3 US Divisions are still tight up there and need to be freed.
The first squadron of Corsairs have now officially seen action in LBA fight.
Day Air attack on Umnak Island , at 102,36
Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 20
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 26
Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 13 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 9 damaged
LBA's have kept bombing the Dutch Harbour too.
In Burma he decieded to contest the skies above Akyab.
Day Air attack on Akyab , at 30,29
Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 26
Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 11
Liberator VI x 40
P-38G Lightning x 14
B-25J Mitchell x 93
B-17E Fortress x 39
B-24D Liberator x 30
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 8 destroyed, 10 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim IV: 2 damaged
Liberator VI: 11 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged
B-25J Mitchell: 2 destroyed, 12 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 8 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 3 damaged
Japanese ground losses:
35 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 152
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Akyab , at 30,29
Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 17
Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 11
Liberator VI x 29
P-38G Lightning x 11
B-25J Mitchell x 75
B-17E Fortress x 33
B-24D Liberator x 30
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 3 destroyed, 9 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim IV: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
Liberator VI: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
B-25J Mitchell: 1 destroyed, 14 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 2 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 3 damaged
Japanese ground losses:
50 casualties reported
Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 87
I need to rest my bomber crews. These are fatigued and their morale is not good at the moment.
I will receive the first bunch of P47C's in SF next turn. This will give me an aircraft which has nice range and solid firepower for escort missions.
All in all the game is advancing smoothly.
I did receive 3rd USCM division and 1st US Cavalry division last turn. The 1st USCM will be heading immediately to Christmas Island for the build up for upcoming offensive there. 1st Cavalry division will head out to Anchorage.
First plan is to liberate Dutch Harbour. Those remnants of 3 US Divisions are still tight up there and need to be freed.
The first squadron of Corsairs have now officially seen action in LBA fight.
Day Air attack on Umnak Island , at 102,36
Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 20
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 26
Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 13 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 9 damaged
LBA's have kept bombing the Dutch Harbour too.
In Burma he decieded to contest the skies above Akyab.
Day Air attack on Akyab , at 30,29
Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 26
Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 11
Liberator VI x 40
P-38G Lightning x 14
B-25J Mitchell x 93
B-17E Fortress x 39
B-24D Liberator x 30
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 8 destroyed, 10 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim IV: 2 damaged
Liberator VI: 11 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged
B-25J Mitchell: 2 destroyed, 12 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 8 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 3 damaged
Japanese ground losses:
35 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 152
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Akyab , at 30,29
Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 17
Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 11
Liberator VI x 29
P-38G Lightning x 11
B-25J Mitchell x 75
B-17E Fortress x 33
B-24D Liberator x 30
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 3 destroyed, 9 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim IV: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
Liberator VI: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
B-25J Mitchell: 1 destroyed, 14 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 2 damaged
B-24D Liberator: 3 damaged
Japanese ground losses:
50 casualties reported
Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 87
I need to rest my bomber crews. These are fatigued and their morale is not good at the moment.
I will receive the first bunch of P47C's in SF next turn. This will give me an aircraft which has nice range and solid firepower for escort missions.
All in all the game is advancing smoothly.
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
It has been quiet in last few turns.
I have now decieded to go ahead with the Dutch Harbour operation. I think I have gained aerial superiority in North and those US troops really need to be liberated.
RN is still sailing towards WC where these ships will link up with 3 US CV's.
I'am moving more men into South Pacific too as we speak.
Here is the current "score".

I have now decieded to go ahead with the Dutch Harbour operation. I think I have gained aerial superiority in North and those US troops really need to be liberated.
RN is still sailing towards WC where these ships will link up with 3 US CV's.
I'am moving more men into South Pacific too as we speak.
Here is the current "score".

- Attachments
-
- score.jpg (178.09 KiB) Viewed 336 times
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
Things are still somewhat quiet. I will not commence any major invasions in Southern Pacific before I can get Hellcats on US CV's. Also I'am waiting for RN to reach Los Angeles. They are just turning towards North. Due to the current situation they had to take long route to WC.
I did rest my bombers last turn in Aleutians. They will continue their bombing campaign next turn though.
The US troops destined to Dutch Harbour are now loaded. This means that the offensive invasion has now begun. I have just 1 BB TF supporting this operation along with LBA fighters and bombers.
Still somewhat quiet but a lot of things are happening behind curtain. [;)]
I did rest my bombers last turn in Aleutians. They will continue their bombing campaign next turn though.
The US troops destined to Dutch Harbour are now loaded. This means that the offensive invasion has now begun. I have just 1 BB TF supporting this operation along with LBA fighters and bombers.
Still somewhat quiet but a lot of things are happening behind curtain. [;)]
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
The allied landings at Dutch Harbour will begin next turn. Transport fleet is just 180 miles east of the base.
Due this my heavy bombers have kept the pressure on with their daily bombing runs. The US BB TF should also bombard Dutch Harbour next turn in support of the invasion.
I have been looking the situation at the Pacific. Well, I think I might have found one feasible route to start my advance. More about this idea/plan when the next turn arrives.
Royal Navy are 1/2 way to Los Angeles. These ships need to replenish and repair for few turns once they arrive.
Due this my heavy bombers have kept the pressure on with their daily bombing runs. The US BB TF should also bombard Dutch Harbour next turn in support of the invasion.
I have been looking the situation at the Pacific. Well, I think I might have found one feasible route to start my advance. More about this idea/plan when the next turn arrives.
Royal Navy are 1/2 way to Los Angeles. These ships need to replenish and repair for few turns once they arrive.
Japanese now possess a "beem" weapon???
[left]The invasion force did not meat much of a coastal gun resistance when entering Dutch Harbour. I guess my 4E bombing runs have paid off nicely.[/left][left] [/left][left]BUT the weirdest thing I have experienced so far happened. When I opened the turn I noticed that more than 2/3 1st US Cavalry division was missing also over 1/2 of US RCT unit was missing too! [X(] First I thought that carnivore whales had eaten these troops, second thought was an alien abduction and thirdly could be it an Witp game engine again![/left][left] [/left][left]Well I looked for these guys and to my amazement I found the rest of these units sitting at Anchorage!!! [:-][X(] WTF, I mean that is some teleportation move Japanese managed to pull off. They don't need troops nomore they just BEEM US units back and enjoy they sake! [:(][/left]
- Rob Brennan UK
- Posts: 3685
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:36 pm
- Location: London UK
RE: Japanese now possess a "beem" weapon???
ORIGINAL: aztez
[left]The invasion force did not meat much of a coastal gun resistance when entering Dutch Harbour. I guess my 4E bombing runs have paid off nicely.[/left][left] [/left][left]BUT the weirdest thing I have experienced so far happened. When I opened the turn I noticed that more than 2/3 1st US Cavalry division was missing also over 1/2 of US RCT unit was missing too! [X(] First I thought that carnivore whales had eaten these troops, second thought was an alien abduction and thirdly could be it an Witp game engine again![/left][left] [/left][left]Well I looked for these guys and to my amazement I found the rest of these units sitting at Anchorage!!! [:-][X(] WTF, I mean that is some teleportation move Japanese managed to pull off. They don't need troops nomore they just BEEM US units back and enjoy they sake! [:(][/left]
Well at least they are closeby , if its any consolation [:@]. they might have reappeared in Perth !
what was left/landed? even split with troops/support or did the support guys forget to get to the docks on time ( they always seem to load last for me). might be worth checking the support amounts in dutch harbour, if its low attack asap before they start degrading OR go back and get the rest. not a fun choice i know.
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit 
RE: Japanese now possess a "beem" weapon???
Yeah Rob, thankfully those guys did not end up in OZ!
Dave agreed that he would stand down a turn to let these guys back in. Well, I don't know and didn't ask for that.
Anyway, those troops are on their way. (Actually looked and only 26 AV of 1st Cavalry division had actually landed) Now the rest will follow next turn. Nearly 20 000 more men are set on to join this invasion. At least I managed to load a lot of supplies there which will help those units already there tremendously.
Hopefully those guys now do actually land or I'am screwed [:D]
Dave agreed that he would stand down a turn to let these guys back in. Well, I don't know and didn't ask for that.
Anyway, those troops are on their way. (Actually looked and only 26 AV of 1st Cavalry division had actually landed) Now the rest will follow next turn. Nearly 20 000 more men are set on to join this invasion. At least I managed to load a lot of supplies there which will help those units already there tremendously.
Hopefully those guys now do actually land or I'am screwed [:D]
RE: Japanese now possess a "beem" weapon???
I'am considering about operation Quarterback. Scheduled for late 1943. (Date currently is 6/43)
It would not be wise to move forward yet. I do not have Hellcats and Helldivers to support these landings.
The targets for this invasion can be seen from the screenshot below:

It would not be wise to move forward yet. I do not have Hellcats and Helldivers to support these landings.
The targets for this invasion can be seen from the screenshot below:

- Attachments
-
- qb.jpg (128.06 KiB) Viewed 336 times
RE: Japanese now possess a "beem" weapon???
Quiet turn.
The allied troops have now landed at Dutch Harbour so the "bug" did not prevent this plan from being completed. What it did was the fact that Dave knew what I was up to meaning that he had a week (gametime) more to deploy his naval assets. I kind have an feeling that KB might come out to play again.
Thus I have set all the 4E bombers stationed at Kodiak on Naval assault. Those B17's will continue strike againts airfields at Dutch Harbour. Idea is to consume his supply levels.
I will rest my troops at Dutch Harbour so that distruption levels will drop down. Actually I'am thinking about bringing in more supporting troops too. The allied offensive will however start soon here. I think Dave will find it tough going in Aleutians soon.
Dave has been flying training programs at Kweiyang, Yunan and San Jose (Phi). Well, I'am going to put a stop to it at Yunan. I moved 2 squadrons of Spitfires and 1 squadron P40N's to Yunan. This will be a suprise for him. Otherwise China has been a stalemate for months now. I'am pretty much unable to launch anykind of offensives there.
The allied troops have now landed at Dutch Harbour so the "bug" did not prevent this plan from being completed. What it did was the fact that Dave knew what I was up to meaning that he had a week (gametime) more to deploy his naval assets. I kind have an feeling that KB might come out to play again.
Thus I have set all the 4E bombers stationed at Kodiak on Naval assault. Those B17's will continue strike againts airfields at Dutch Harbour. Idea is to consume his supply levels.
I will rest my troops at Dutch Harbour so that distruption levels will drop down. Actually I'am thinking about bringing in more supporting troops too. The allied offensive will however start soon here. I think Dave will find it tough going in Aleutians soon.
Dave has been flying training programs at Kweiyang, Yunan and San Jose (Phi). Well, I'am going to put a stop to it at Yunan. I moved 2 squadrons of Spitfires and 1 squadron P40N's to Yunan. This will be a suprise for him. Otherwise China has been a stalemate for months now. I'am pretty much unable to launch anykind of offensives there.
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
KB itself showed up once more in Aleutians area. This time around allied fighter pilots gave all they got! [:)]
Day Air attack on Umnak Island , at 102,36
Japanese aircraft
A6M3 Zero x 25
D3A Val x 116
A6M3a Zero x 28
B5N Kate x 18
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 26
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3 Zero: 13 destroyed
D3A Val: 19 destroyed, 29 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 10 destroyed
B5N Kate: 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 3 destroyed
Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 1
Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 99,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 50
A6M3 Zero x 24
A6M3a Zero x 83
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 9
Beaufort I x 6
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 7 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3 Zero: 3 destroyed
A6M3a Zero: 7 destroyed, 4 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 8 destroyed
Beaufort I: 3 destroyed
Japanese Ships
CA Aoba
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Umnak Island at 102,36
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 16
A6M3a Zero x 50
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 22
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 3 destroyed
A6M3a Zero: 16 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 7 destroyed, 4 damaged
Allied Ships
PT PT-251, Shell hits 4
That is good amount of enemy CV pilots killed in action. I have now reinforced the Umnak base by sending additional Corsairs squadron along with Torpedo bomber squadon and B25 squadron.
Kodiak 4E bombers are set on Naval assault.
Intresting to see whether the KB will sail further up in North. In that case we will have huge air battles in our hands.
Yunan also saw air to air battles. I think this was a draw though.
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 19
Ki-48 Lily x 11
Ki-49 Helen x 9
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 23
P-40N Warhawk x 20
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 3 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-48 Lily: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 7 destroyed, 5 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 4 destroyed, 6 damaged
Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 19
Ki-48 Lily x 11
Ki-49 Helen x 11
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 14
P-40N Warhawk x 10
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 3 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 3 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 destroyed
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 15
Ki-48 Lily x 9
Ki-49 Helen x 10
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 15
P-40N Warhawk x 9
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 1 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 3 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 3 destroyed
P-40N Warhawk: 4 destroyed, 2 damaged
Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 3
More than 100 enemy aircraft downed last turn. Most of them fighters so it was a good turn.
Here is the situation at North Pacific...

Day Air attack on Umnak Island , at 102,36
Japanese aircraft
A6M3 Zero x 25
D3A Val x 116
A6M3a Zero x 28
B5N Kate x 18
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 26
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3 Zero: 13 destroyed
D3A Val: 19 destroyed, 29 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 10 destroyed
B5N Kate: 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 3 destroyed
Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 1
Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 99,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 50
A6M3 Zero x 24
A6M3a Zero x 83
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 9
Beaufort I x 6
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 7 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3 Zero: 3 destroyed
A6M3a Zero: 7 destroyed, 4 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 8 destroyed
Beaufort I: 3 destroyed
Japanese Ships
CA Aoba
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF, near Umnak Island at 102,36
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 16
A6M3a Zero x 50
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 22
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 3 destroyed
A6M3a Zero: 16 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 7 destroyed, 4 damaged
Allied Ships
PT PT-251, Shell hits 4
That is good amount of enemy CV pilots killed in action. I have now reinforced the Umnak base by sending additional Corsairs squadron along with Torpedo bomber squadon and B25 squadron.
Kodiak 4E bombers are set on Naval assault.
Intresting to see whether the KB will sail further up in North. In that case we will have huge air battles in our hands.
Yunan also saw air to air battles. I think this was a draw though.
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 19
Ki-48 Lily x 11
Ki-49 Helen x 9
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 23
P-40N Warhawk x 20
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 3 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-48 Lily: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 7 destroyed, 5 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 4 destroyed, 6 damaged
Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 19
Ki-48 Lily x 11
Ki-49 Helen x 11
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 14
P-40N Warhawk x 10
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 3 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 3 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 destroyed
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 15
Ki-48 Lily x 9
Ki-49 Helen x 10
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 15
P-40N Warhawk x 9
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 1 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 3 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 3 destroyed
P-40N Warhawk: 4 destroyed, 2 damaged
Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 3
More than 100 enemy aircraft downed last turn. Most of them fighters so it was a good turn.
Here is the situation at North Pacific...

- Attachments
-
- North.jpg (145.84 KiB) Viewed 336 times
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
KB stayed in North and engaged in some air to air battles againts my LBA fighters.
Day Air attack on TF at 100,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 79
A6M3 Zero x 21
A6M3a Zero x 93
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 17
B-25J Mitchell x 10
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 13 destroyed, 2 damaged
A6M3 Zero: 6 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 15 destroyed, 6 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 12 destroyed
B-25J Mitchell: 7 destroyed
Japanese Ships
CV Hiyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 100,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 66
A6M3 Zero x 8
A6M3a Zero x 78
Allied aircraft
TBF Avenger x 16
B-25J Mitchell x 3
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3 Zero: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
TBF Avenger: 16 destroyed
B-25J Mitchell: 3 destroyed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 100,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 66
A6M3 Zero x 7
A6M3a Zero x 77
Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 29
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 3 destroyed, 11 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 16 destroyed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 100,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 70
A6M3 Zero x 16
A6M3a Zero x 77
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 11
B-25J Mitchell x 3
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 7 destroyed
A6M3 Zero: 2 destroyed
A6M3a Zero: 10 destroyed, 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 9 destroyed
B-25J Mitchell: 3 destroyed
Would loved to have nailed CV Hiyo but... [;)] Another unfortunate thing was that only 29 Liberators took off. I mean there are +150 of them ready on naval strikes.
The battle of Dutch Harbour also begun...
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 31073 troops, 327 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 1173
Defending force 26490 troops, 147 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 718
Allied max assault: 887 - adjusted assault: 586
Japanese max defense: 666 - adjusted defense: 523
Allied assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 0)
Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 0
Japanese ground losses:
786 casualties reported
Guns lost 16
Allied ground losses:
659 casualties reported
Guns lost 32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 30258 troops, 280 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 1108
Defending force 25479 troops, 119 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 671
Allied max assault: 792 - adjusted assault: 330
Japanese max defense: 614 - adjusted defense: 430
Allied assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 0)
Japanese ground losses:
727 casualties reported
Guns lost 19
Allied ground losses:
789 casualties reported
Guns lost 21
The first assault was ok but the second had no punch. These troops are now set on bombardment assault.
Japanese airforce continue to harash my airfields at Yunan...
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 13
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 20
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 3
Ki-48 Lily x 38
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 23
P-40N Warhawk x 2
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 2 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 2 destroyed
Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 31
I'am moving more firepower to Aleutians in terms of aircrafts.
Here is a screenshot from CV reinforcements arrivals. The battered US CV Fleet is slowly getting rebuild.

Day Air attack on TF at 100,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 79
A6M3 Zero x 21
A6M3a Zero x 93
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 17
B-25J Mitchell x 10
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 13 destroyed, 2 damaged
A6M3 Zero: 6 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 15 destroyed, 6 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 12 destroyed
B-25J Mitchell: 7 destroyed
Japanese Ships
CV Hiyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 100,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 66
A6M3 Zero x 8
A6M3a Zero x 78
Allied aircraft
TBF Avenger x 16
B-25J Mitchell x 3
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3 Zero: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
TBF Avenger: 16 destroyed
B-25J Mitchell: 3 destroyed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 100,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 66
A6M3 Zero x 7
A6M3a Zero x 77
Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 29
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 3 destroyed, 11 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 16 destroyed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 100,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 70
A6M3 Zero x 16
A6M3a Zero x 77
Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 11
B-25J Mitchell x 3
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 7 destroyed
A6M3 Zero: 2 destroyed
A6M3a Zero: 10 destroyed, 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 9 destroyed
B-25J Mitchell: 3 destroyed
Would loved to have nailed CV Hiyo but... [;)] Another unfortunate thing was that only 29 Liberators took off. I mean there are +150 of them ready on naval strikes.
The battle of Dutch Harbour also begun...
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 31073 troops, 327 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 1173
Defending force 26490 troops, 147 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 718
Allied max assault: 887 - adjusted assault: 586
Japanese max defense: 666 - adjusted defense: 523
Allied assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 0)
Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 0
Japanese ground losses:
786 casualties reported
Guns lost 16
Allied ground losses:
659 casualties reported
Guns lost 32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 30258 troops, 280 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 1108
Defending force 25479 troops, 119 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 671
Allied max assault: 792 - adjusted assault: 330
Japanese max defense: 614 - adjusted defense: 430
Allied assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 0)
Japanese ground losses:
727 casualties reported
Guns lost 19
Allied ground losses:
789 casualties reported
Guns lost 21
The first assault was ok but the second had no punch. These troops are now set on bombardment assault.
Japanese airforce continue to harash my airfields at Yunan...
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 13
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 20
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 3
Ki-48 Lily x 38
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 23
P-40N Warhawk x 2
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 2 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 2 destroyed
Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 31
I'am moving more firepower to Aleutians in terms of aircrafts.
Here is a screenshot from CV reinforcements arrivals. The battered US CV Fleet is slowly getting rebuild.

- Attachments
-
- cv.jpg (160.88 KiB) Viewed 336 times
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
This game is progressing on a steady base. It almost end of June 1943.
Not much to report though but few developments have occured.
Dutch Harbour has finally fallen into Allied hands. There still +30 000 enemy troops trapped in this island but I do have the control of the base now.
KB has vanished. I think my LBA fighters and bombers scared Dave off. This good news indeed.
Soon as the enemy resistance is completely wiped out at Dutch Harbour I will consider an invasion of Attu and Amchitka too. He seems to be moving more troops to Japanese northern islands though.
I still don't like what I see in Southern Pacific. A lot of atolls well fortified and as my game experience againts FDR shows it can be a bloody mess to capture these bases. So, I need think hard what is important and what is not.
I still don't have Hellcats and Helldivers on my CV's. US CV's are still at SF (3 fleet carriers) and RN has finally arrived at LA. These ships will need time repair after that long journey.
As said things are quiet at the moment. It would be an suicide to commit my forces before I can support any large scale assaults.
Dave has also moved more troops into Burma. Lashio has now 4 enemy units so he might actually be thinking of an offensive at China. (Which is not good news at all) Also Dave on map training has propably build up the experience levels for his airforce since I cannot compete the air superiority at Yunan. Meaning that I need withdraw my fighters from there now. Too much losses and not enough damage againts him.
Things will slowly heat up but for now this is the situation.
Not much to report though but few developments have occured.
Dutch Harbour has finally fallen into Allied hands. There still +30 000 enemy troops trapped in this island but I do have the control of the base now.
KB has vanished. I think my LBA fighters and bombers scared Dave off. This good news indeed.
Soon as the enemy resistance is completely wiped out at Dutch Harbour I will consider an invasion of Attu and Amchitka too. He seems to be moving more troops to Japanese northern islands though.
I still don't like what I see in Southern Pacific. A lot of atolls well fortified and as my game experience againts FDR shows it can be a bloody mess to capture these bases. So, I need think hard what is important and what is not.
I still don't have Hellcats and Helldivers on my CV's. US CV's are still at SF (3 fleet carriers) and RN has finally arrived at LA. These ships will need time repair after that long journey.
As said things are quiet at the moment. It would be an suicide to commit my forces before I can support any large scale assaults.
Dave has also moved more troops into Burma. Lashio has now 4 enemy units so he might actually be thinking of an offensive at China. (Which is not good news at all) Also Dave on map training has propably build up the experience levels for his airforce since I cannot compete the air superiority at Yunan. Meaning that I need withdraw my fighters from there now. Too much losses and not enough damage againts him.
Things will slowly heat up but for now this is the situation.
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
Dave has now gained total control over skies above Yunan and Kweiyang. He also the San Jose base in Philippines where to conduct his pilot training. This is definately not good in longterm.
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 26
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 32
Ki-21 Sally x 20
Ki-48 Lily x 24
Ki-46-II Dinah x 5
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 1
P-40E Warhawk x 3
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 1 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 3 destroyed
Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 32
I did order an large RAF strike againts Lashio. But the weather did ground my ac's so hopefully next turn it happens. I'am very cautious about the Burma now since I think he has some plans regarding China brewing. I might be wrong but that is how I feel now.
The Dutch Harbour battles continued.
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 35457 troops, 291 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 970
Defending force 16311 troops, 11 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 257
Allied max assault: 877 - adjusted assault: 350
Japanese max defense: 180 - adjusted defense: 40
Allied assault odds: 8 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
364 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Allied ground losses:
506 casualties reported
Guns lost 20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 34926 troops, 262 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 925
Defending force 15428 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 225
Allied max assault: 824 - adjusted assault: 665
Japanese max defense: 139 - adjusted defense: 40
Allied assault odds: 16 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
1400 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Allied ground losses:
336 casualties reported
Guns lost 17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 34847 troops, 240 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 910
Defending force 14677 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 196
Allied max assault: 789 - adjusted assault: 374
Japanese max defense: 126 - adjusted defense: 28
Allied assault odds: 13 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
832 casualties reported
Allied ground losses:
231 casualties reported
Guns lost 5
Hopefully those Japanese troops will surrender soon.
Otherwise quiet. RN is repairing at Los Angeles. There are no Hellcats nor Helldivers delivered yet.
Dave is definately reinforcing some of his bases in North Pacific.
Where the allied hammer will fall when I'am ready is not yet decieded.
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 26
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 32
Ki-21 Sally x 20
Ki-48 Lily x 24
Ki-46-II Dinah x 5
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 1
P-40E Warhawk x 3
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 1 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 2 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 3 destroyed
Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 32
I did order an large RAF strike againts Lashio. But the weather did ground my ac's so hopefully next turn it happens. I'am very cautious about the Burma now since I think he has some plans regarding China brewing. I might be wrong but that is how I feel now.
The Dutch Harbour battles continued.
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 35457 troops, 291 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 970
Defending force 16311 troops, 11 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 257
Allied max assault: 877 - adjusted assault: 350
Japanese max defense: 180 - adjusted defense: 40
Allied assault odds: 8 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
364 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Allied ground losses:
506 casualties reported
Guns lost 20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 34926 troops, 262 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 925
Defending force 15428 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 225
Allied max assault: 824 - adjusted assault: 665
Japanese max defense: 139 - adjusted defense: 40
Allied assault odds: 16 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
1400 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Allied ground losses:
336 casualties reported
Guns lost 17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 34847 troops, 240 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 910
Defending force 14677 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 196
Allied max assault: 789 - adjusted assault: 374
Japanese max defense: 126 - adjusted defense: 28
Allied assault odds: 13 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
832 casualties reported
Allied ground losses:
231 casualties reported
Guns lost 5
Hopefully those Japanese troops will surrender soon.
Otherwise quiet. RN is repairing at Los Angeles. There are no Hellcats nor Helldivers delivered yet.
Dave is definately reinforcing some of his bases in North Pacific.
Where the allied hammer will fall when I'am ready is not yet decieded.
- Rob Brennan UK
- Posts: 3685
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:36 pm
- Location: London UK
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
How on earth are you doing 3AAR's ? i havnt got time to do 2 let alone 3 ! blimey ..
your having a blast of a game here given the date . grats.
your having a blast of a game here given the date . grats.
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit 
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
ORIGINAL: Rob Brennan UK
How on earth are you doing 3AAR's ? i havnt got time to do 2 let alone 3 ! blimey ..
your having a blast of a game here given the date . grats.
[8|] ...That is time consuming as you know. I try to keep these AAR updates best I can but as I said I would like to do an AAR with more visuals.
...first I should get rich and secondly I need find myself much more freetime! [:D]
But yeah this game is a blast allthough my opponent is one nasty guy to be againts! [:-]
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
Quick update.
Current date is 7th of July 1944.
I have almost completed the clean up at Dutch Harbour.
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 35180 troops, 211 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 893
Defending force 8749 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 83
Allied max assault: 815 - adjusted assault: 1046
Japanese max defense: 43 - adjusted defense: 13
Allied assault odds: 80 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
7871 casualties reported
Guns lost 7
Allied ground losses:
47 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 35480 troops, 211 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 907
Defending force 3908 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 66
Allied max assault: 829 - adjusted assault: 835
Japanese max defense: 35 - adjusted defense: 4
Allied assault odds: 208 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
2915 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Allied ground losses:
148 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 35594 troops, 210 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 912
Defending force 2691 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 44
Allied max assault: 825 - adjusted assault: 512
Japanese max defense: 25 - adjusted defense: 1
Allied assault odds: 512 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
678 casualties reported
Allied ground losses:
32 casualties reported
Next turn should see an end of resistance at Dutch Harbour.
As said Dave is definately reinforcing his bases at Kuriles and Parashimo has now 12 units there.
6th US Division arrived at SF. I haven't decieded whether to send it to North or South.
British and US CV's are repairing nicely. The first 8 Hellcats have come out of production lines. It will take some time before I can refit my carriers with these excellent fighters.
Dave is continuing his pilot training program at Philippines and China.
Current date is 7th of July 1944.
I have almost completed the clean up at Dutch Harbour.
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 35180 troops, 211 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 893
Defending force 8749 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 83
Allied max assault: 815 - adjusted assault: 1046
Japanese max defense: 43 - adjusted defense: 13
Allied assault odds: 80 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
7871 casualties reported
Guns lost 7
Allied ground losses:
47 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 35480 troops, 211 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 907
Defending force 3908 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 66
Allied max assault: 829 - adjusted assault: 835
Japanese max defense: 35 - adjusted defense: 4
Allied assault odds: 208 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
2915 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Allied ground losses:
148 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Dutch Harbor
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 35594 troops, 210 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 912
Defending force 2691 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 44
Allied max assault: 825 - adjusted assault: 512
Japanese max defense: 25 - adjusted defense: 1
Allied assault odds: 512 to 1
Japanese ground losses:
678 casualties reported
Allied ground losses:
32 casualties reported
Next turn should see an end of resistance at Dutch Harbour.
As said Dave is definately reinforcing his bases at Kuriles and Parashimo has now 12 units there.
6th US Division arrived at SF. I haven't decieded whether to send it to North or South.
British and US CV's are repairing nicely. The first 8 Hellcats have come out of production lines. It will take some time before I can refit my carriers with these excellent fighters.
Dave is continuing his pilot training program at Philippines and China.
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
Game date is 16th of July 1943
RN is almost repaired at Los Angeles harbour.
CVL Cabot will join the service within 2 days too. These developments mean that my CV power is slowly building up.
I have contested Dave's airforce at China. I don't want him to have Yunan as an free training base for his pilots.
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 21
Ki-49 Helen x 24
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 12
P-40N Warhawk x 18
P-38G Lightning x 19
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 15 destroyed
Ki-49 Helen: 6 destroyed, 7 damaged
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 3 destroyed
P-40N Warhawk: 3 destroyed, 4 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 10
Ki-49 Helen x 23
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 9
P-40N Warhawk x 9
P-38G Lightning x 17
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 2 destroyed
Ki-49 Helen: 5 destroyed, 6 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 1 damaged
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 2nd Chinese Cavalry Corps, at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 2
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 8
P-40N Warhawk x 9
P-38G Lightning x 17
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 9 destroyed
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 2 destroyed
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 destroyed
P-40N Warhawk: 2 destroyed
Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 7
Ki-49 Helen x 12
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 8
P-40N Warhawk x 9
P-38G Lightning x 17
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 6 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 1 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 53
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 38
Ki-48 Lily x 18
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 7
P-40N Warhawk x 13
P-38G Lightning x 11
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 7 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 1 destroyed, 9 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 7 destroyed
P-40N Warhawk: 12 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 7 destroyed
Airbase hits 6
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 46
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 3
Ki-48 Lily x 20
Ki-46-II Dinah x 3
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 5
P-40N Warhawk x 7
P-38G Lightning x 12
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 10 destroyed
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 1 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 5 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 3 damaged
Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 10
That totals a lot of pilots dead for both sides! [:-] I'am trying shuffle my squadrons at Yunan so that these guys wohn't get too fatigued.
I'am waiting to have my CV's equipped with Hellcats before committing them again.
Game date is 16th of July 1943
RN is almost repaired at Los Angeles harbour.
CVL Cabot will join the service within 2 days too. These developments mean that my CV power is slowly building up.
I have contested Dave's airforce at China. I don't want him to have Yunan as an free training base for his pilots.
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 21
Ki-49 Helen x 24
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 12
P-40N Warhawk x 18
P-38G Lightning x 19
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 15 destroyed
Ki-49 Helen: 6 destroyed, 7 damaged
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 3 destroyed
P-40N Warhawk: 3 destroyed, 4 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 10
Ki-49 Helen x 23
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 9
P-40N Warhawk x 9
P-38G Lightning x 17
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 2 destroyed
Ki-49 Helen: 5 destroyed, 6 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 1 damaged
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 2nd Chinese Cavalry Corps, at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 2
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 8
P-40N Warhawk x 9
P-38G Lightning x 17
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 9 destroyed
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 2 destroyed
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 destroyed
P-40N Warhawk: 2 destroyed
Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 7
Ki-49 Helen x 12
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 8
P-40N Warhawk x 9
P-38G Lightning x 17
Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 6 destroyed
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 1 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 1 damaged
P-38G Lightning: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 53
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 38
Ki-48 Lily x 18
Ki-46-II Dinah x 2
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 7
P-40N Warhawk x 13
P-38G Lightning x 11
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 7 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 1 destroyed, 9 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 7 destroyed
P-40N Warhawk: 12 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 7 destroyed
Airbase hits 6
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Yunan , at 38,32
Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 46
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 3
Ki-48 Lily x 20
Ki-46-II Dinah x 3
Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 5
P-40N Warhawk x 7
P-38G Lightning x 12
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 10 destroyed
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 1 destroyed
Ki-48 Lily: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire Vb: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
P-40N Warhawk: 5 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 3 damaged
Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 10
That totals a lot of pilots dead for both sides! [:-] I'am trying shuffle my squadrons at Yunan so that these guys wohn't get too fatigued.
I'am waiting to have my CV's equipped with Hellcats before committing them again.
RE: Japanese Naval fleet spotted... Aleutians heats up!
Game date is 6th of August 1943
We have had quite a few dogfights above Yunan and it seems Dave might have given up this duel. I did move some high morale +70 Spitfire pilots there and those did shoot down quite a few enemy aircrafts. Propably it hurt somewhat his pilot pools.
In Northern Pacific Dave is building up Parashimo Jima (12 units) and Kiska Island (9 units).
Allied CV fleet is still at WC. It will take sometime before I have enough Hellcats ready for them to upgrade. Other good news is CV Interpid is arriving within a week or so.
I'am marching troops into position in Oz. These troops will try to recapture the Derby base in Northern Oz.
In Burma some Chinese and British troops are moving towards Myithkina. It seems that there are + 20 000 enemy men currently in garrison duty.
Allied comeback is slowly starting but I will have to be very careful or I'am toasted so to speak! [:D]
We have had quite a few dogfights above Yunan and it seems Dave might have given up this duel. I did move some high morale +70 Spitfire pilots there and those did shoot down quite a few enemy aircrafts. Propably it hurt somewhat his pilot pools.
In Northern Pacific Dave is building up Parashimo Jima (12 units) and Kiska Island (9 units).
Allied CV fleet is still at WC. It will take sometime before I have enough Hellcats ready for them to upgrade. Other good news is CV Interpid is arriving within a week or so.
I'am marching troops into position in Oz. These troops will try to recapture the Derby base in Northern Oz.
In Burma some Chinese and British troops are moving towards Myithkina. It seems that there are + 20 000 enemy men currently in garrison duty.
Allied comeback is slowly starting but I will have to be very careful or I'am toasted so to speak! [:D]
