Herb VS Tabpub

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: CURSES

Post by 1275psi »

A bad day for KB2
The tankers supporting are spotted.
This mission is cancelled, KB2 though is given a new objective
A AV keeps going east -and I now hope that he is hunting for what ever
the tankers ( now north of pearl) are supporting.

2/7/43
20 betties night attack rangoon -miss.
a ss in singas harbour -cheeky sod!
More bombing kaifeng
He continues supporting the Rennell supply run - I now call it the second effort. very dangerous -but what can I do about the UBER PT boats, Im so short of DDs to lose 2 or 3 for a pt or 2 is crazy talk.

he bombs PM, and GG
I lose a tanker and AP to SS today
Recieved a return Sally unit today -36 bombers -at 90 experience!
I think I almost fainted!

Going to stoke the fires in north China, some sweeps ordered, just to encourage him to CAP a bit more.
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: CURSES

Post by 1275psi »

3/7/43

Well tabpub this turn mails me - a new war winning attack coming, when he gets organised, and a few assetts repaired he says.

It feels sureal to hear this -its 7/43! and the solomons are all still mine, and most of the gilberts are too.

he has 200 plus planes on ground atack in Burma -i check the damage they inflict -it will be a long time before the size 9 forts units are totally un able to defend the river, so i hang on grimly.

In the DEI I have not stripped the place -especially Timor and kendari
A division went into soerabaya this week.

training in DEI goes on, cannot believe it -while rennel finally reaches size 2, I manage to get nearly all the pilots and planes out of Lunga, rebuild my once shattered air units, refuel and organise (and reinforce) the fleet for the defence of PM and Lunga.

KB 2 is now headed south towards the action, 2 CV, 2 CVL and a cve will help a lot -especially if it comes out of left field at the right time.

Swept china today -33 oscars, 26 nick vs 22 p40n -shot down 8 for 6 oscars and 5 nick lost -so thats acceptable.

Im relishing every day he delays now -19 more days and all those South sea detachments arrive -and another CV.
Bit grim after that[8|]

Im really looking forward to his big effort now, he has to stop nibbles soon!
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: CURSES

Post by 1275psi »

4/3/43

short post -heavy bombing in burma, thursday islands Aps are smashed -APs -bah -who needs em!
corsairs launch 1st raid on lunga from rennell -no hits

and a great bunch of pts try for shortland, reacts, but no action,
I put the jakes at Shortland onto 100 ft naval attack for the next time he tries.
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

How to conduct a defence

Post by 1275psi »


have your opponent allow you to get organised[;)]
ss-166 hits a DD in rangoon hbr while laying mines

silly twit -minelaying is a covert op -deserved to get sunk (as it promptly was)[8|]
moulmien is hit by 200 plus fighters and bombers
25 Pt boats in 8 task forces at least in rennell island, pretty hard to counter that -im so short of DDs now to escort the BBs.
have not posted for a while -next 3 days lead up to a good Jap fan boy bit.

as i write this after the last turn Im feeling rather pleased[:'(]
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: How to conduct a defence

Post by 1275psi »

6/7/43
tabpub states its time to get to the real war, we are exchanging a lot of words on my ships north of pearl, hope he is hunting the single AV there[:'(]
The dd running in and out of Th island from mearuke finally comes to grief -ss gets her.

KB2 gives herself away, judy actacking a ss south of wake.

good stuff today
3 alf attack from PM -14 p38 only shoot down 2, miss the lct though

oscars sweep Homan today -lost 10 to 2 p40ns

A big effort is coming -huge number of ships spotted enroute for Thursday -the last acts are beginning for the 10000 men I have there.
he bombards at thursday to measure my strength, and tries to eject my spies on rennel

troops land at mili![8|]
I could strike with KB2 -but I have not seen his CVs for ages - we will wait -why risk it -I gave up these islands a year ago[:'(]

Overall its a quiet, get organised day -thunderstorms tomorrow.
We order a hot reception for his ships coming north.
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: How to conduct a defence

Post by 1275psi »

7/7/43
ss-i-23 attacks the convoy headed to thursday, is heavily damaged for no luck.
Troops landing ay Mili!
ss I-168 puts 2 torpedoes into CL leander[8D], and escapes with just a scratch. The cost of taking thursday island begins to climb.
I-168 is hunted hard -and is hit 4 times by a ASW group

Bum -thunderstorms all over PNG
AM air action

Mitchells bomb maloelop as he tries to prevent any interference with the mili invasion.
Note to self: it must dawn on him that the gilberts have been left basically empty -thus we will stuff KWAL with troops soon to arrive -he might be terribly surprised -even better if i select an island "of little import" and he invades with out enough troops.
I will not hit this little invasion with KB2 (almost in range), no idea where his big CVs are, and why risk it for islands I gave up a year ago (or have I already mentioned that[:D])

6 betties attack from madang -runinto 26 P38 on LRCAP -silly gits
47 zero escort the next 34 betties -18 zeros go down, 15 P38 go down
11 betties are lost -most to flak as they attack
1 AK torped
1 DD slotted
1LCT blown out of the water -lots of drownings[:'(]

His heavies hit Thursday , and then 8 PT boats shoot all their Torps against a 80 system damaged AP at thursday.
This is Good -must try that trick elsewhere
ASW action of tokyo kills a sub

I know thursday is doomed -so yesterday I ordered a shock attack -the brave men try hard -, 3600 casos[:(], and the units are wrecked in the attack.
It was worth the shot i think

Orders for a vital day tomorrow
Home islands:
KB2 is ordered not to interfere in the gilberts, but to come south, and make sure the tankers arrive safely with it!

China
very quiet

Burma
44 units in rangoon
and only 3 facing me across the river at Moulimien, and 4 east of there
at rahaeng
I will recon heavily -and I am very , very tempted to counter attack!
Imagine trapping him in rangoon!

got to go!~
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: How to conduct a defence

Post by 1275psi »

back -wife came in the door with arm full of tucker!
back to Burma
have 2 more regiments en route, and the survivors extracted from rangoon are filling out very , very steadily.
going to move some Tonies to the area to see if all those fighters and fighter bombers on ground attack missions can be intercepted as bombers.

DEI -

Training, convoys

SOLOMONS
Thursday island -the troops are wrecked, silly mistake, but I was hoping his troops were in a worse shape than mine.

Tomorrow his invasion fleet will arrive at thursday
I commit the bulk of my naval bombers to the attack.
Thursday will fall -let it be a costly affair!
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

Murder of the ANZAC NAVY

Post by 1275psi »

8/7/43
The day the Australian goverment lost faith in generalissimo TABPUB.
Bitter will be the memories of the Australian navy of this day.

And I do not think the Army will be too impressed iether[:'(]

The day begins with I-22 putting 2 torpedoes into a large AK, and casos are reported

I-22 is not finished though -she attacks again, and another troop loaded AK goes bang!

4 enemy BB bombard Thursday -1400 casos -and they destroy my supplies so expensively gathered totally!

I-22 keeps at it -misses on its next attack
And then another!
Anyone seen a SS conduct 4 attacks in one day?

AM
PNG heavily clouded in
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
And the terrible news today -bueforts sweep intobangkoj -and sink a AP.
2nd para unit is wiped out [X(][X(][X(][X(]
CURSES!
and I might lose 1 para as well -frantically unloading![:(][:(]

PM
And the clouds all clear[:@] over PM
45 B17s hit PM -he hits 40 times -but the field is not important, its the seaplane base he should hit
I LOVE Seaplanes -they are very, very hard to shut down!

10 mitchell hit thursday
7 betty,7 oscar attack -miss the CA, CL they attack
7 helen, 31 zero come in -2 Aks are hit.
8 betties attack -a burning AK is Torpedoed
4 helen, 10 zero come in -miss
31 betty, 55 zero come in -2 LCT are blown apart -drowning how many?
-2 more AK are torpedoed(thats 6 so far today)
45 betty, 40 zero, 26 oscar come in
Only 3 betty lost
CL Perth - a dud, then 2 torps! (I claim sunk!)
CA Canberra -5 torps -sunk!
CA Australia -3 torps, a mag explosion -sunk!
Cl Achilles -3 torps -sunk!

3 betties come in -a burning AK is torped
then PM gets into the act -4 jake attack a crippled burning CL Leander -and score 4 hits -she will certaintly sink!

I-22 runs out of luck -the crew beach the sub at thursday (80 system damage from the ASW attack
I-30 is attacked, she will fight on

His troops unload at thursday
Victory will soon be his, but I now see the:
12 aussie brigade
30 aussie brigade
9th aust Div
7th Aust div
6th aust div
2 tank regiments
2 para units
a base force
25000 men so far
Thursady has done its job -what I hoped woukld turn into a quicksand has done that -this is 3 divisions he certyaintly had plans for other targets -I really hope they are nicely disrupted too.

I order a last desperate troop evac/pick up using subs and transport planes.
the betty units are all in fantastic nick considering the date -over 150 are ordered to attack again tomorrow!

I hope the Australian Goverment is telling Tabpub that its about time the american troops got involved in the war[:'(]

For mid 43 a very, very pleasing day.

Where are the american CVs?
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
wobbly
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:27 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

RE: Murder of the ANZAC NAVY

Post by wobbly »

Herb - where is this kind of response in ours???? Is this some kind of "lull him into a false sense of security" trick?
 
Just a thought on your oil. You know you can load AKs at half capacity in a pinch?
[center]
Image
[/center]
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: Murder of the ANZAC NAVY

Post by 1275psi »

9/7/43

his troops struggle ashore at thursday
ss_I-1 is missed
A AP is sunk near merauke by his ss
I lose a tanker off the phillipines -the hurt for them is critical now[:(]

AM
Clear skies over PNG!
He bombs hanoi!!! -ouch!
Bombing in Burma, china, hanoi again -where I lose 30 on the ground!
My oscars over Moulimien is a fizzer -6 lost for zip

Heavy raid on PM
My bombers attack
7 jake from PM attack a CLAA -and score two scratched paint hits[;)]
Helens attack -a AK hit

Then 60 zero, 35 oscar, 49 betties go in
2 ap sunk, a MSW sunk, 2 AK sunk
Good

The allies deliberate at thursday -tabpub claims it will fall in 2 days
0 to 1!, AV 801 to 219, forts at 7
579 casos to 238

More allied troops wrecked I hope

Tomorrow we stop pulling out troops -and begin flying in supplies
He has failed to bring enough engineers!

I begin to unload 2 regiments at Cam ray bay, destination Burma -or hanoi?
as the pressure in the south west corner of China is a real concern.
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
User avatar
Sneer
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:24 pm

RE: Murder of the ANZAC NAVY

Post by Sneer »

extremaly nice to read story
keep the fight
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: Murder of the ANZAC NAVY

Post by 1275psi »

12/7/43

I just reviewed this AAR -and realised that Tabpub 1st invaded Thursady island on the 11/2/43 -that is 5 months ago!

I called it operation quicksand then, and I call it operation super bog now!
I recieve those south sea detachments in 2 days.
I know how they will be used now, as a ready reserve placed at Davao -I will drop all of them into the next opportunity like Thursday that comes along -probably somewhere on the northern PNG coast, or one of the islands in the TRUK area.

Ideally let Tabpub take a weakly held place, then a week later take it back!
(I might be dreaming though!)

Interesting times ahead
I lose a troop transport of Miri -taking base force to Kuching where I found 23 unservicable tojos, and 30 plus pilots[:@][:@][:@]
IDIOT!!!!

hanoi bombed again -I am being overwhelmed in the south west corner of China
I fly troops into hanoi
Moulimiem pounded

Now TABPUB has the longest telegraph -a B17 raid on Sabang -un reconned (so nothing hit), why the sudden interest? in such a deep raid
OH, here it comes -6 hexes out of Adaman island -a BB, CAs and DDs
Iether a raid, or an invasion
Suspect the later
Sabang air comes to the alert -and what pathetic air forces I have move to the Burma coast fields
Adaman island recon air bugs out
I suspect this place will fall
Its a pity, because BB Mutsu and escorts are only 1 week away, my feeling was that this place would soon be attacked -cursed repair yards that go so slow!

All of the map was very quiet today -he did nothing at thursday -he has nearly 45000? men there to my 10000, cannot be long before he attacks there.
Supplies are flowing in via air, not nearly enough.
I will commence army bombing again onto the place tomorrow, careful not to wreck the units for the next naval strike that I am sure will need to come

Over 2 weeks since I saw his CVs

This is bad -I am beginging to suspect something new -maybe, in fact highly likely a thrust in the centre
My biggest fear is a direct thrust on Siapan!
That would win the war, finish it this year.
But I don't think he is bold enough for that!

More troops soon, I have to hold burma and malaya until dec 43, to recieve reinforcements in the DEI

Do you still get the reinforcements if the destination base is lost as Japan?
Anyone know!
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: Murder of the ANZAC NAVY

Post by 1275psi »

13/7/43
Lost my notes for this day -but the Tabpub invasion of adaman is about to begin!
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

I think he has done it again!

Post by 1275psi »

14/7/43
I- 158 has a shot at the valiant -and misses, she survives the counter attack
I-18 reports huge fleet of ships at makin, wonder if tabpub is taking troops off?
Invasion Adaman island begins! -908 casos
he bombs hanoi again, and again, and again!

some p400s attack barges at munda -tojos nock down 4 on LRCAP
heavy bombing tavoy, other bases burma
Adaman island is bombed as well
I-158 sinks a msw at Adaman -mines claim a AP

The allies shock -its a single Indian division -and it fails -0 to 1!

Home islands
Big reinforcement of Kates, vals and Zeros today
They must be trained though

Burma
I begin flying in troops to Adaman island!
And here is the great Herbie gamble -the troops at Moulmien are ordered North -to cross the river and attack rangoons flank!

Everywhere else quiet!
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: I think he has done it again!

Post by 1275psi »

15/7/43
More troops -base forces, landinfg at Adaman -but its not his yet[:@]
BB ramilles, valiant bombard

All over Burma -especially tavoy -bombing
Again hanoi is pounded!

CA Chokia enroute to tokyo, is hit by a dud Ss torp.

Adaman island is the focus today
His CV planes hit it, LBA hits it and Tonies flown in[:D] cause some havoc -they will bug out again tomorrow.

another shock attack -yes he has bought only 1 combat division -and it gets a 1 to 1 -but Im thinking he has shot the bolt with the Indians

tabpub, you have done it again I think[:'(]
My transports fly in 300 more men, some shot down, but every one helps!

tomorrow is THE DAY for Burma -may my troops attacking at the river north of Moulmien have fortune on their side!
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: I think he has done it again!

Post by 1275psi »

yep -he has done it again!

16/7/43

still more troops -base forces though, unload at adaman
BB Mutsu is approaching Singapore, her escorts hurt a SS , she remains unsighted

IN malacca straight my 2 ML encounter an old friend -a dutch ss -one they have battled before
Again niether side is hurt[:'(]

tabpub awake to the transports finally bombs rangoon field -and shaters the air transport arm -probably for good in Burma, as the pool of transport planes is empty -and will not be able to be rebuilt i fear

3 betty from sabang attack Adaman -9 wildcats fail to shoot any down -the POW though shoots down 2 that attack her, and miss.

3 more betties, 7 oscars atack his CVs -and encounter CORSAIRS -the british have them up and running it seems
No survivors as expected[:(]

Allied shock adaman -forts to 0, 1 to 1 -I hang on grimly!!!

The big news -my Army surprise attacks across the river
18 UK div
2nd UK div oppose -his crack troops!

33rd div
55div
2nd div
1st tank
2nd tank
7th tank
8th tank
13 tank
42 Ng

The shock needed air support -well where is that going to come from[:o]

But I get 1 to 1 attacking across the river
and disruption, units lost is light -I shock again tomorrow

To support -rahaeg suddenly gets 50 tonies to LRCAP over the battle
betties to bomb

And troops at rahaeg ordered to attack as well.


This is probably the last hurrah -
the empire oil/resources situation has now officially collapsed!

Oil
330,000 -full stop
HI -has collapsed -from a pool of 50000 4 weeks ago -i now have 1000
Fuel is less than 2000000

Aircraft production is falling apart!

The empire is a hollow shell -only the great bluff of a wall of steel where ever he pokes at it, keeps me going.
Palembang is producing 150 oil, no resources -after all this time -I never , ever have had supplies to spare for the place.

Grim days indeed.

PS -I sent wobbly a saved turn, for comment on this -any one care to hear his opinion?
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

he finally takes one down

Post by 1275psi »

17/7/43
Well, a real mixed day today

More troops land at adaman island

AM
the real fun happens over the battle north of moulimien
As expected a huge air attack on my troops
The Tonies from raehag intercept[:'(]....

39 tony -6 lost
90 hurricanes -8 s/d
55 spits -18s/d
25 vengence -7s/d
92 various beuforts -9s/d
22 P 38 - 3 s/d

A good ambush i reckon -we will skidadle!

40 b17 bomb vic point -30 oscars haras them -1 lost each side

his Cvs pound adaman
hanoi pounded from china

My troops shock attack in Burma -and get 3 to 1 -and throw him back to rangoon
BANZIA!!!!

but on the negative Adaman island falls -he finally gets an invasion to stick, a worry, with rennell island thats 2 contesterd ones in a row[:(]

Home islands
I begin radical surgery on my industry -shut down most production of ships, ss, army bombers and recon forces.
With CV katsaguri arriving tomorrow, thats it for CVs as well

Burma
well some 16 units left rangoon yesterday (that was quick!), and i examine my troops
they are disrupted, but not severly -back to the forts at moulimien!!!
I will now try to rotate some from down south.
The entire coast of Thialand is garrisoned well.

I want to hold for 3 more months at least -going to be hard!

DEI
9 ships spotted darwin -i must recon -hope they are not CVs!

SOLOMONs
I pull the battle wagons back to rabual, and KB2 also will gather there.
I feel that he is going to strike eleswhere -in fact im sure of it.
But tabpub has publically stated that the way to advance is under LBA -and that certaintly is the way he is playing.
So that leaves just 3 routes

Burma -and hes coming there for sure -and i am trying to stop him
DEI -via Timor -and thats also covered -not as well as I hope to make it in a months time
Or the SOLOMONS
and since he has so much invested here -im sticking to defending it for a while yet!

The gilberts are gone, the marshalls soon
Do not care
Truk, ponape are the eastern defences, I will not abandon the Solomons until they are really threatened with being cut off.

The inner defence ring, the phillipines and Siapan/ palua group are already well fortified!

I still remain content -its mid july 43 -and I am still here!!
20 days -and the zekes begin production.
george are due 1/44 now -man, i hope i can preserve some daita to upgrade to them.
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
wobbly
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:27 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

RE: he finally takes one down

Post by wobbly »

Inadvertently Herbie sent me the turn file for his game against Tabpub. After informing him of the mistake he then invited me to have a look at his situation from a different perspective.
My overriding thought at the end of my inspection was that Herb's situation is a house of cards. As soon as Tabpub gets a "damn the torpedos" mentality he will crash through Herb's outer perimeter and will be able to go on a rampage. This all stems from the fact he has no oil. I mean none. Of all the home Island bases there are only 4 or 5 that have oil in the thousands. The rest are running on fumes. He has had to turn off almost all aircraft production - while expending aircraft at a ferocious rate in the South Pacific - not a good equation. He had 3 large convoys of oil on their way home but he has no reserves to speak of. The fact he has managed to hold Tabpub back has been mainly due to the IJN and large commitment of his precious ships to each of his "quicksand" locations. Without bunker fuel this cannot continue.
This all stems from his misfortune, game instigated, when conquering the DEI. The all important Oil producer - Palembang - was torched. I mean completely destroyed. He has had to move valuable supplies there to repair the place up to a measly 150 capacity. Palembang wasn't alone unfortunately for Herb. Most of the Oil in Java was torched and the northern wells of Sumatra took damage as well. This has only left Borneo's production and the small producers in the SW of the DEI.
As Herb has stated. If you find yourself in a situation like this, all the "Japs are too powerful" comments do seem a  little empty. It is a testament to his tenacity that he continues to battle on.
As a doom and gloom merchant I am going to state that Herb's Hurculean effort will start to sputter and even tabpub, who appears extremely cautious, will recognise Herb's vulnerability. Once he does there are going to be some very hard times ahead.
herb the heart is with you mate, but you're going to have to show a hell of alot of heart yourself to survive much past mid 44.
[center]
Image
[/center]
User avatar
LittleJoe
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:22 pm

RE: he finally takes one down

Post by LittleJoe »

Great AAR, your situation in Burma/Malaya is similar to mine, if you wanna check out my AAR, Sabang is potential level 6/7 airfield, so can harrass Malaya heavily from it, may be why hes bombing it, probably his next step after Andaman?


Image
1275psi
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:47 pm

RE: he finally takes one down

Post by 1275psi »

18/7/43

the tabpub nibbles are tuning into small bites
he lands and takes majuro island in the marshalls.
No sign of CV cover though, and I think he has finally realised that the Marshalls as well as the gilberts were a great bluff.

Home Islands
CV katsaguri -the last capital ship, in fact probably the last vessel I will recieve[X(][:(] arrives, and sails south with a pocket ful of repaired escorts.
I buy another regiment today from japan, it will go to Ponape -where i am starting to think about putting a real line in the sand
I send most , in fact nearly all of my reserve APs and AKs towards Palua -the reserve for when I begin the solomons pull out -only to occur if/when Ponape/Truk falls

China
Still very quiet, i keep having to resist temptation to do something -anything here. Offensives just chew up so many supplies -which I aint got!

Burma
Most of the troops are back across the river -they were again heavily bombarded from the air
Tabpub must have got a fright -a lot of his troops from rangoon moved north to stop any possibility of rangoon being surrounded
Personally, If I was him, i would have immediately landed troops into moulmien -any troops, in any way.
he missed the bus
A rebuilt regiment is loading for sabang at Singapore.
BB Mutsu is enroute for sabang.
Mutsus job is simply -to stay in sabang and act as a fort.

DEI
very little to do here, most tankers are in japan at the moment, or enroute, Im hoping to get maybe 500000 more oil out of DEI before christmas.
training flights, and the new reinforcements of zeros and kates and vals are about to begin as well.
Its sad to report that my biggest oil reserve on map is 30000 at sorong at the moment -and 160000 at sea in a convoy about to get home.

SOLOMONS
No orders given today -zip.
Im stuck
The fleet, other than Mutsu, Katsaguri and one small cl TF, is here in rabual in its entirety.
So are the tankers, and my largest fuel pool of 100000.
I want to charge over to the marshalls, but that would exhaust my fuel
i want to swing around PNG, and reinforce Thursday from the west of the timor straight.
NO FUEL
So I just have to sit here tight, dock the ships, depend on CAP for protection, and hope like hell tabpub makes a mistake.
I still think he will try for the solomons.
If he does not, I reckon it will be a long time before he will have re orientated himself for a Kwal, Ponape,enitowek, Truk, Siapan thrust -not in naval assetts, but in LCUs
I can handle this -I will be able to pull out of the solomons for only light losses (lunga, munda troops, maybe GG troops, and with the fleet still intact, prepare for the inner defence.
The army airforce has only 1 shot left in its locker, as pools of Sallys are empty -and i have 6 oscars in the pool.
6!!!
I have a potential production of 170 -actual is I think about 30 a month.

Marshalls
Bye bye -regrettful but has to be done.

North
We are both seemingly totally ignoring this theatre -which is how it should be -so no complaints there

Tabpub also agreed to some house rules over PT boats
I told him that I would refuse to attack, or fight for any base that he stuffed with them
he agreed"yes, every time my mouse moved over Rennell a stink comes out"
So, no forming them unless at a big port, and some other mutually agree able rules

One of the keys of why I will keep going in this game -we have been very flexible -and although TABPUB plays to win, its really the journey that matters.
So thanks publically tabpub on your willingness to consider my"complaints".

Now if I had the fuel I would try to turn rennell into a Crater....
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”