From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Mint Jam

Post by Cap Mandrake »

..

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (66.46 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
Image
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Mint Jam

Post by VSWG »

[:D] [:D]
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Mint Jam

Post by DuckofTindalos »

[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Mint Jam

Post by Onime No Kyo »

[:D][:D][:D]
 
...and yet, I'm afraid that youre making this issue to be much more than it actually is, Capt. Compared to things like WO 0/0 and the 59 mile bug this is positively simple. [;)]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Cap Mandrake »

******With the Heavy Typewriter Platoon, 321 Volunteer Secretary Coy., Jan. 31, 1942*******

<The scene, a converted warehouse in Washington. There is quite a din as 24, air-cooled, Underwood 1939-J's pour out 50-60 WPM>

<One of the more senior typists pauses, a look of concern on her face, something familiar in the text she is working on. She moves quickly to a stack of finished letters and quickly finds what she is looking for. She walks immediately to the office of the Company CO, Capt. Whiteout. She knocks quickly then enters immediately>

Sgt. I.B. Marcos: Sir, I think you need to see this.
Capt. Whiteout: Yes, what is it sargeant?
Sgt. I.B. Marcos: Sir, Its these three letters. All are dated Jan. 29. All with the same last name.
Capt. Whiteout: Are you sure there isn't an error? It is quite an odd last name.
Sgt. I.B. Marcos: I don't believe so sir. The address is exactly the same on all three. Apt 2B, number 3 Matrix St, Framingham, Mass.
Capt. Whiteout: <the same look of concern comes over the Capt.> Oh dear God! Good work, sargeant. I am going to get these to Gen Marshall's offcie ASAP.

Image
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by fabertong »

Ahhhh, the good ole' 321st.....I served with them before the war stationed in Greenland.......memories.....so many memories.......
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Cap Mandrake »

**************Office of General Marshall, 3 hrs later**************

Major Coverly, Office of Chaplaincy and Bereavement:
Sir, I am sorry to take up the General's time, but I do have an urgent matter of great political import to the war effort.
Marshall: Why, that is quite a prologue, Captain. It had better be good.
Major Coverly: Yes sir. If I may sir <moves around to the side of the General's desk with his papers>. It concerns 3 brothers, all in the US Army, all killed on the same day. The first near Java, the second in the Battle of Changsha, China and the third lost while piloting a PBY out of Canton Is. <the General sighed audibly, a weighty sigh of command responsibility..Coverly continues> Sir, I have taken the liberty of searching Army personnel records for any siblings. It is quite astonishing. <hands list to Gen. Marshall>



Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Cap Mandrake »

..

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (28.53 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
Image
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by ny59giants »

How are all you Admiral's using CL Boise and her sister ships??
I usually send them out from Pearl as single ship SC TF as soon as possible to the Solomons/SRA to keep the lightly escorted Japanese TF's honest. [:D][:D]
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

******With the Heavy Typewriter Platoon, 321 Volunteer Secretary Coy., Jan. 31, 1942*******

<The scene, a converted warehouse in Washington. There is quite a din as 24, air-cooled, Underwood 1939-J's pour out 50-60 WPM>

<One of the more senior typists pauses, a look of concern on her face, something familiar in the text she is working on. She moves quickly to a stack of finished letters and quickly finds what she is looking for. She walks immediately to the office of the Company CO, Capt. Whiteout. She knocks quickly then enters immediately>

Sgt. I.B. Marcos: Sir, I think you need to see this.
Capt. Whiteout: Yes, what is it sargeant?
Sgt. I.B. Marcos: Sir, Its these three letters. All are dated Jan. 29. All with the same last name.
Capt. Whiteout: Are you sure there isn't an error? It is quite an odd last name.
Sgt. I.B. Marcos: I don't believe so sir. The address is exactly the same on all three. Apt 2B, number 3 Matrix St, Framingham, Mass.
Capt. Whiteout: <the same look of concern comes over the Capt.> Oh dear God! Good work, sargeant. I am going to get these to Gen Marshall's offcie ASAP.

Hmm...I wonder what this is in reference too? [&:]

Oh well, but it would make a good movie, I bet.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Hmm...looks like its time for an update.

Image
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (2.21 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Hmm...looks like its time for an update.

Indeed it is. Plus, I am tired of using the sod cutter. I am putting new sod in up front..so I turned off the sprinklers and sprayed some RoundUp on the invasive grasses in the old lawn..then I had to wait 2 weeks..well guess what..the grass died...duh. Some SHPOS neighbor of mine turned me in to the homeowners association for not maintaining my front yard [:@] Fortunately for me, it was an anonymous complaint, so I won't be going to jail for assault, still, if I only knew, it would be enormously satisfyling to confront the little coward. Just for fun, it would be a hoot to get an old Chevy, take the wheels off and put it up on concrete blocks in the front yard [:D] OK, back tto the story..


******************Marshall's office*******************


Image

Marshall: <peruses the list with interest> Most extraordinary. A family of go-getters, though this Warrant Officer 'S. O' with the 117th Ambulance Coy seems to be a bit of an underachiever.

Maj. Coverly:That would be Steven, Sir. He's the youngest, only 17. He doctored his birth certificate to sign when he was 16.

Marshall: Most extraordinary. I had had no idea we had a cross-command relationship with the KNIL. My heart goes out to the mother.

Maj. Coverly: Yes sir, the loss of three in one day. Almost unimaginable.

Marshall: Yes of course, there is that, but look at the number of children, and these are just the males. The poor woman must need some sort of truss to keep her womb in place. <shakes head empathetically> Major, we need to keep these other sons out of harm's way. I want them all brought back stateside.

Maj. Coverly: Yes sir, on your authority then?

Marshall: Of course. Major, before you go, could you hand me that collection of Lincoln's writings..the third wine colored leather volume.
Image
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Onime No Kyo »

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

How are all you Admiral's using CL Boise and her sister ships??
I usually send them out from Pearl as single ship SC TF as soon as possible to the Solomons/SRA to keep the lightly escorted Japanese TF's honest. [:D][:D]

Funny you should bring up the Boise. She nearly had her hull stove in by Jap torpedoes in the first week of the war trying "to keep the lightly escorted Japanese TF's honest". Houston and Marblehead were lost in the same misadventure when the cruisers failed to make it back under CAP before sun-up and Betties 700 miles away in Palau found them[:@]

POW and Repulse had a better time of it around Timor and a small USN cruiser force beat up a bigger Jap TF near Noumea. We took a lot of chances with our surface TF's because Enterprise and Yorktown are swimming with the fishes.
Image
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Some SHPOS neighbor of mine turned me in to the homeowners association for not maintaining my front yard [:@]

I hate homeowners associations. They're too damn popular here in SoCal.
rockmedic109
Posts: 2471
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by rockmedic109 »

Marshall trying to reduce the number of troops MacArthur will have. Payback for the poor OER Mac wrote up on him.

And I HATE homeowner nazis. I've had to deal that disgusting breed of homo unsapiens on too many occasions. Threatening letters from lawyers work better than baseball bats and bailing hooks but are not nearly so satisfying. If you can get into their house, pepper spraying their toilet paper is my recommendation.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Rent a Gestapo

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Marshall trying to reduce the number of troops MacArthur will have. Payback for the poor OER Mac wrote up on him.

And I HATE homeowner nazis. I've had to deal that disgusting breed of homo unsapiens on too many occasions. Threatening letters from lawyers work better than baseball bats and bailing hooks but are not nearly so satisfying. If you can get into their house, pepper spraying their toilet paper is my recommendation.

[:D] Get this. My son parked his pick-up the wrong way on the street to load up the sod cutter. I went in to take a shower to get some of the stank and aerosolized sod off me before taking the thing back to the rental place and when I came out the rent-a-cops ticketed the truck threatening to tow it next time. Looks like the homeowner Nazis rented some Gestapo. [:'(]

Ok...situation in Java. Allied air in Java sunk or dented a lot of ships but had to pull out, overwhelmed by perhaps 300 bombers and 100 zeros. The Aussies will live to fight again thanks to the evac from Tjilitjap, but a shoestring evac of Malang is called off when the mini-KB shows up.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (79.05 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: fabertong

Ahhhh, the good ole' 321st.....I served with them before the war stationed in Greenland.......memories.....so many memories.......

Are you sure you aren't confusing them with the 321st Sledded Canine Company?
Image
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by fabertong »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: fabertong

Ahhhh, the good ole' 321st.....I served with them before the war stationed in Greenland.......memories.....so many memories.......

Are you sure you aren't confusing them with the 321st Sledded Canine Company?
Cap. your right.....I have a memory like a sieve........how could I forgot the Husky's....and the many nights we spent warming each other on the tundra.........
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: 321st Volunteer Secretary Company

Post by Onime No Kyo »

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”