Fabertong vs Speedy: The view from the Pole
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Ouch.........
No Kami's yet........and still 3 months until Franks........so Speedy can boss the situation in the air.........and I can sense the third front coming.........
RE: Ouch.........
4th January 1944.......
Speedy's death star is moving away from Marcus....back to Wake....so AAGs 1-2 will withdraw to Truk to refuel........
Wake down to 6,000 supply....as daily air-raids and bombardment TFs .........hit again...and again...etc..
Lost 2 I-boats off Wake............now only 3 fleet subs on station........
Another TK was hit by Speedy's subs.....moderate damage...should make port.........also a PC was hit and sunk around guam........and a AK was also hit around the PIs........will sink........
Medan was recon-ed today....hmm the plot thickens....but I think it will be Sebang........that's what I would go for.....Thread grant me a 10 day window......and I might meet him there with a large surface force........under cover of 400 fighters.........but I may be too late........
Also....a note for all to check.....after the 1.802 patch all my MLs defaulted to do not lay mines........I have not been laying mines for 10 turns now.....remember to turn them back on.........do it now.........
Speedy's death star is moving away from Marcus....back to Wake....so AAGs 1-2 will withdraw to Truk to refuel........
Wake down to 6,000 supply....as daily air-raids and bombardment TFs .........hit again...and again...etc..
Lost 2 I-boats off Wake............now only 3 fleet subs on station........
Another TK was hit by Speedy's subs.....moderate damage...should make port.........also a PC was hit and sunk around guam........and a AK was also hit around the PIs........will sink........
Medan was recon-ed today....hmm the plot thickens....but I think it will be Sebang........that's what I would go for.....Thread grant me a 10 day window......and I might meet him there with a large surface force........under cover of 400 fighters.........but I may be too late........
Also....a note for all to check.....after the 1.802 patch all my MLs defaulted to do not lay mines........I have not been laying mines for 10 turns now.....remember to turn them back on.........do it now.........
RE: Ouch.........
Doh.......slaps flipper to forehead........It's not Sebang......It's Rangoon/Moul/Tavoy.........and It's not a long term cut off my supply raid....but a complete flanking invasion of Burma.........so he has far more force that I had considered........
I have moved a mass of airgroups into the area.....and will attack from Bankok as he lands......but the mix of Corsairs and Brit......AA.....will mean I have little chance of stopping the invasion.........I must try to get him bogged down early on or the whole front will be a disaster.....
SAG 1 is on Station at Sing........with SAG 4 2 -days out.........once there I will cover with LRCAP and chance my Arm with the RN..........
Map of reinforcements on the move........no objective has mines/coastal guns...........so he'll have an easy run in......

I have moved a mass of airgroups into the area.....and will attack from Bankok as he lands......but the mix of Corsairs and Brit......AA.....will mean I have little chance of stopping the invasion.........I must try to get him bogged down early on or the whole front will be a disaster.....
SAG 1 is on Station at Sing........with SAG 4 2 -days out.........once there I will cover with LRCAP and chance my Arm with the RN..........
Map of reinforcements on the move........no objective has mines/coastal guns...........so he'll have an easy run in......

- Attachments
-
- doh.jpg (201.58 KiB) Viewed 293 times
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Ouch.........
So I'm thinking that youre not at the point of thinking about evacuation of your troops in Mandalay, et al? Planning to hold him on the beaches?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RE: Ouch.........
Once you lose Mandalay....then Burma will fall like a pack of cards.......I feel I must try and hold there.......and at least make sure his invasion force gets no further than the beaches.........this could get very messy.......esp. if he has transfered any troops from US West Coast.........
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Ouch.........
Best of luck to you...although you are a militaristic flightless fowl I have a thing about rooting for the underdog.
BTW, anything in the Andemans worth mentioning? Are you planning to stage anything through there?
EDIT: Underpenguin? [&:]
BTW, anything in the Andemans worth mentioning? Are you planning to stage anything through there?
EDIT: Underpenguin? [&:]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RE: Ouch.........
I removed the airgroups as his carriers swpt by....after a fair few were lost to his corsairs.........Rangoon is also shut......although I have plenty of aviation support he would like me to put groups in there so his LRB could kill them..............
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Ouch.........
<sigh> And I think I have it tough. Sometimes I forget that youre in a situation where your a/c do nothing but die...en masse.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
In the next 4 turns I expect to lose in the region of 400 aircraft....................
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
I know it's wishfull thinking......but it's all that keeps me going........that and world domination...........
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Ouch.........
And the occasional vindaloo...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Ouch.........
Yes.....that keeps me going and going.........
- Capt. Harlock
- Posts: 5379
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Los Angeles
- Contact:
RE: Ouch.........
What's the composition of your SAG's moving up to save Burma? (And what does it look like they'll be facing?)
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?
--Victor Hugo
--Victor Hugo
RE: Ouch.........
SAG - 1.....Yamato, Hyuga, 2CAs, 1 CL....escorts......
SAG - 4.....Fuso, Ise, 2 CAs, 2CLs...escorts........
Up against the entire RN Asia fleet.............4-6 BBs and escorts.......
The RN is very good at surface combat.......and is harder to fight than USN surface groups......
The question is can I get them in to have a go.......Facing 3-5 RN carriers........with corsairs........even with LRCAP ......
I expect to lose half of the forces involved.......but if I can trade 1-1 and disrupt the landings....I'll be not exactly happy....but mission accomplished..........
His landings are 1-2 days away....my surface attack......5-8 days.......
First will be the air war...........and massive losses for me..........
SAG - 4.....Fuso, Ise, 2 CAs, 2CLs...escorts........
Up against the entire RN Asia fleet.............4-6 BBs and escorts.......
The RN is very good at surface combat.......and is harder to fight than USN surface groups......
The question is can I get them in to have a go.......Facing 3-5 RN carriers........with corsairs........even with LRCAP ......
I expect to lose half of the forces involved.......but if I can trade 1-1 and disrupt the landings....I'll be not exactly happy....but mission accomplished..........
His landings are 1-2 days away....my surface attack......5-8 days.......
First will be the air war...........and massive losses for me..........
RE: Ouch.........
8th Jan 1944........
My airgroups from Bankok.........hit Speedy's invasion forces 1 hex from there destination Moulmein........
Heavy weather meant the Corsairs didn't fly....and I was met by only lightnings..........alas.....I lost 120 aircraft.....and he lost about 20.....but 50 Betty 2s got through.........to score only 1 hit on an AK....these were my crack pilots.......85+ held back since the start of the war......so I was more than a little disappointed in the result........nevermind......in '44 one must be philisophical......
Wake got plastered again today ...down to 3,000 supply.......
On a plus note....Tanaka's SAG -2 hit Timor.....causing....if you can believe this 17,000 casualties.......and destroying about 10 aircraft on the ground.........Speedy won't let this continue....so I expect heavy raids on Kendari to stop me LRCAP this TF............but alas most of my airgroups have moved North......to combat the more pressing threat.......
Fresh airgroups will attack the invasion forces today....with 50 flying sweeps......80+escort and about 80 Betty 2s.........so I could lose in the region of 200 aircraft today........SAG-4 will arrive at Singers......tomorrow and with SAG-1 head north.......too little too late..........ground reinforcements will probably find Moul....in enemy hands when they get there.........once I see what he has in the way of ground forces.......I'll look to find a way to stabilise this theatre......easier said than done.......
Pretty picture....of my soon to be dead airgroups.........

My airgroups from Bankok.........hit Speedy's invasion forces 1 hex from there destination Moulmein........
Heavy weather meant the Corsairs didn't fly....and I was met by only lightnings..........alas.....I lost 120 aircraft.....and he lost about 20.....but 50 Betty 2s got through.........to score only 1 hit on an AK....these were my crack pilots.......85+ held back since the start of the war......so I was more than a little disappointed in the result........nevermind......in '44 one must be philisophical......
Wake got plastered again today ...down to 3,000 supply.......
On a plus note....Tanaka's SAG -2 hit Timor.....causing....if you can believe this 17,000 casualties.......and destroying about 10 aircraft on the ground.........Speedy won't let this continue....so I expect heavy raids on Kendari to stop me LRCAP this TF............but alas most of my airgroups have moved North......to combat the more pressing threat.......
Fresh airgroups will attack the invasion forces today....with 50 flying sweeps......80+escort and about 80 Betty 2s.........so I could lose in the region of 200 aircraft today........SAG-4 will arrive at Singers......tomorrow and with SAG-1 head north.......too little too late..........ground reinforcements will probably find Moul....in enemy hands when they get there.........once I see what he has in the way of ground forces.......I'll look to find a way to stabilise this theatre......easier said than done.......
Pretty picture....of my soon to be dead airgroups.........

- Attachments
-
- deadpilots.jpg (124.56 KiB) Viewed 293 times
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Ouch.........
Oooh. Thats painful to look at. What are your pilot pools like?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RE: Ouch.........
Very poor............I have a fair few training groups in the HI....most of the bomber pilots above were the cream of my Air groups........the fighters......are pretty much what I have left now.........65-75 exp...........I have nothing over 75 in a fighter aircraft...........in 6 days I'll get 4 new Zeke sqdrns...that will come in at mid 50s exp......I'll probably need to commit them right away.....................cannon fodder..............ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
Oooh. Thats painful to look at. What are your pilot pools like?
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Ouch.........
Wow again. The best scenario for that is to "hit them where they aint"...which of course you cant.....[:(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok



