Andy Mac v PZB ....The Allies Fight Back

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

Yes 803 Sqn is FAA
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

Damn! [X(][:(]

Edit: Do you get enough pilots to keep these guys operational?
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

OK I under estimated my Amphib availability
 
In the West 3 LSV, 10 LSD, 162 LST, 53 LCI and 10 LSM's total enough for 6 Fully Loaded or 9 Partially loaded Divs in assault mode
 
In the East and in next 90 Days 2 LSD's, 127 LST's, 24 LCI's, 35 LSM's enough for 4 Fully Loaded or 6 Partially loaded Divs
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

Nope I am out of pilots and have been for ages my pilots are now 30 xp for my carriers I have had to disable all CVR's and no longer use them the groups are all ashore doing training 50% to try and train more pilots
Speedysteve
Posts: 15990
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Reading, England

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Speedysteve »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Nope I am out of pilots and have been for ages my pilots are now 30 xp for my carriers I have had to disable all CVR's and no longer use them the groups are all ashore doing training 50% to try and train more pilots

Crazy isn't it.............
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Speedysteve
Posts: 15990
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Reading, England

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Speedysteve »

By the way Andy,
 
My take on your options is to forget India.
 
Forget China.
 
The key is to start smacking Japan and it's industries in conjunction with keeping PzB cut off from SRA resource/oil.
 
As such I recommend taking the Mariana's and in time Iwo Jima.
 
In comparison with the mass of LBA available to him in PI, Formosa, Borneo, China irt is a better option.
 
IMO moving through SRA is playing into his hands of mass training LBA with plenty of available bases for him to place them and you can't shut them all down.
 
At least in the Pacific it's the remains of Combined Fleet + Mariana's vs your armada compared to Combined Fleet + 10-15 airbases in SRA option.
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Nope I am out of pilots and have been for ages my pilots are now 30 xp for my carriers I have had to disable all CVR's and no longer use them the groups are all ashore doing training 50% to try and train more pilots

I hate saying this to a potential opponent but.....

Put all fighters on 90% training and everything else on 100% training. Check them periodically and stand down for a couple of days if their morale goes down too far (below 70 is my limit). Replace your op losses with more fodder. It'll take you forever to train them at only 50% training. (It takes long enough at 100%).
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

Oh yeah, and ignore everything Speedy says. [;)] [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

Speedy I agree but the Marianas have 400,000 men on them so bypasing is credible as an option I will think on going back I did the right thing pulling out when I did earlier but it may well be time to go back in....
 
Mike perhaps I am also using my grounded CVR Sqns to perform escort and CAP missions as well my grounded CVR Torpedo and DB Sqns acting as naval search as well.
 
Its not perfect (witness the higher losses in Hellcats I am suffering but it is all I have)
 
 
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

My forces are starting to gather for the puch on Singapore 2 more days should see the strike force of the Corps assembled

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 10/16/44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 99
D4Y Judy x 8
B7A Grace x 34
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 105
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 36

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 111

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
G4M2 Betty x 9

No Japanese losses

Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
G4M2 Betty x 19

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Sampit , at 26,62


Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 20
B-25J Mitchell x 44


No Allied losses

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 12

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Brunei , at 32,57


Allied aircraft
P-47D Thunderbolt x 20


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kendari , at 33,71


Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 13
Spitfire VIII x 9


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Wewak , at 52,81


Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 37
F4U-1D Corsair x 19
F6F-5N Hellcat x 18
Hurricane II x 14
Kittyhawk III x 21


No Allied losses

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 5

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 84th Chinese Corps, at 43,35

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 48

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 4th Mixed/B Brigade, at 22,49


Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 5
TBM Avenger x 37
P-40N Warhawk x 40
B-25J Mitchell x 31


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
118 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 56th/B Division, at 22,49


Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 11
P-38J Lightning x 24
B-25J Mitchell x 30


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
86 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 56th/C Division, at 22,49


Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 3
TBM Avenger x 17
P-40N Warhawk x 12
B-25J Mitchell x 9


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
46 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 21,49

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 9
P1Y Frances x 7

Allied aircraft
P-38J Lightning x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 2 destroyed
P1Y Frances: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-38J Lightning: 1 damaged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on TF at 26,66

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 9

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 1
FM-2 Wildcat x 31
F6F Hellcat x 32
F4U-1D Corsair x 11
F6F-5N Hellcat x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
B7A Grace: 9 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F6F Hellcat: 1 damaged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Singapore , at 23,50


Allied aircraft
P-38J Lightning x 26


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Lautem , at 33,78


Allied aircraft
SB2C Helldiver x 27


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported

Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Johore Bahru

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 31910 troops, 384 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1754

Defending force 24637 troops, 234 guns, 114 vehicles, Assault Value = 461


Japanese ground losses:
392 casualties reported
Guns lost 8
Vehicles lost 7
User avatar
String
Posts: 2661
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: Estonia

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by String »

Can't you just base a few of your CVR sqns into rabaul and bomb a few japs every now and then. If not the fighters then perhaps the bombers atleast?
Surface combat TF fanboy
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

Oh I could but I hate on map ground attack training - its one of my pet hates about the game. A2A aces from Ground Attack Missions
 
I will allow bombers to do it if there is a valid reason for it suppressing an AF, exhausting supplies etc its easy to find a valid reason to train bombers this way - although carrier trained bombers will always be at high search levels to simulate over water training if they are performing these roles. I refuse to use fighters in this role but will allow them to escort bomber raids or sweep enemy bases to gain xp.
 
I am having to be creative as my Carrier pilot quality is eroding rapidly.
 
Steps I am taking include - no Naval Pilots for Search or LB Bombers, No naval pilots for Naval Carrier Bombers, No Pilots for Wildcats, I am reserving all my trained Navy Pilots for Hellcats and Corsairs.......I am rationing them like a miser every turn I decide which sqn gets the trained replacement pilot - should the game be like this for the allies in 44 ?
 
Andy
 
So I am using the CVR's to suppress bases on my route home
User avatar
saj42
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:02 pm
Location: Somerset, England

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by saj42 »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Oh I could but I hate on map ground attack training - its one of my pet hates about the game. A2A aces from Ground Attack Missions
From the CRs you post I see PzB has no such restrictions with ground attack training - I see his China training camps still in full swing.
Every month you get weaker in pilot experience and PzB is probably maintaining 60%.
Image
Banner by rogueusmc
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

Yup he is but thats just the way it is. (I have very few principle in game but this is one of them EDIT I will use FB Gd attack and I will use F Gd attack to try and sucker my opponent into ambushing me but thats all part of the game !!!!)

We all have things we hate about opponents play and you just need to live an let live sometimes.

I dont like on map training, PZB (and most Jap opponents) dont like my 100x hard cap rule on a/c stacking.

Pauk doesnt like my use of small vessels as picket/patrol (largely because of the mechanic that wastes massive stikes on lone aircraft) - I dont like Pauks strategic bombing in China.

In each game there are different gripes and  they are valid from at least one persons point of view if you want to finish a game you just need to let it go and keep going.

There are other situations where it is over the top  e.g In another game - one of my first - I was unrestrained in my use of stacking and never gave it a second thought I only lrearned how much it annoyed my opponent very late in the game, I also created PT Boat TF's in mid ocean and several other things that I recognise NOW as extremely gamey - on the other hand they used the map edges against me which annoyed the hell out of me.

With hindsight and if I was starting again would I do again what I did in that game NO !!! that is why my house rules are now enormous AND I periodically check in with my opponents to check if anything is bugging them - we may not agree when it does but I try to check in anyway.

Andy
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

OK a final decison has been reached CENTPAC will be the main focus of allied attention following War Plan Yellow sub variant BLUE is adopted as the main allied plan this plan calls for an early strike at island bases initially bypassing the Marianas and only going into hit them if PZB weakens his forces.
 
Secondary plan will be War Plan Purple/Black but these will be diversionary in nature
 
A Tertiary plan to assault Eastern India/ Ceylon will also be followed
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

Given that CVE's are no longer capable of self defence I have a new use for them ----- minimal CAP MAX Ground Attack !!!!
 
My aim will be to transfer 3 LSV's/ 8 LSD's and c 100 LST's plus screen to reinforce CENTPAC giving an assault lift of 6 Divs plus within 90 days
 
Orders will be cut to transfer several of my elite assault divisions to support the CENTPAC offensive (3rd NZ, 6th, 7th and 9th Aus)
Andy
HarryM
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:20 pm

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by HarryM »

Yellow is a good call. It's his unlimited LBA resources that have hammered you, yellow offers the least exposure. Marianas are also hard to suppress all those airfields plus Palau/Yap, as you found out with Thunderchild. The Green/Black/Red options look terrible in terms of being surrounded on all sides by his air-bases.
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

I hope so thanks guys the advice has helped with this decision I need to keep PZB thinking that Malaya to Formosa is the main springboard so he doesnt reinforce heavily operational surprise would be nice if I can manage it

Looks like I missed my chance PZB has withdrawn successfully from Johore 1 day before I attack !!!

Its annoying and will make the fight for Singapore that much harder

Andy
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 10/17/44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 97
N1K1-J George x 46
D4Y Judy x 9
B7A Grace x 34
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 72
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 36

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 7
Runway hits 180

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 267
J2M Jack x 21
D4Y Judy x 123
B6N Jill x 75
G4M1 Betty x 27
G4M2 Betty x 85
P1Y Frances x 36
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 36
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 36

No Japanese losses


Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Airbase hits 28
Airbase supply hits 8
Runway hits 390

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
G4M2 Betty x 26

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 22

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Singapore , at 23,50


Allied aircraft
P-38J Lightning x 34


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Sampit , at 26,62


Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 20
B-25J Mitchell x 46


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 16

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Brunei , at 32,57


Allied aircraft
P-47D Thunderbolt x 19


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Pinrang , at 31,67


Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 21


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Wewak , at 52,81


Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 25
F4U-1D Corsair x 20
F6F-5N Hellcat x 18
Hurricane II x 14
Kittyhawk III x 21


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Airbase hits 4
Runway hits 11

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 55th Division, at 81,84


Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 3
F4U-1D Corsair x 20
P-40N Warhawk x 27


No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 25th Ind.Mixed/A Brigade, at 44,75


Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 36
Boomerang II x 8


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
7 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 4th Mixed/B Brigade, at 22,49


Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 10
P-38J Lightning x 24
B-25J Mitchell x 18


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
65 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 56th/B Division, at 22,49


Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 19
Mosquito PR.IX x 1


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
43 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Lautem , at 33,78


Allied aircraft
SB2C Helldiver x 27


No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
18 casualties reported

Port hits 1
Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 18th/A Division, at 52,81


Allied aircraft
F-5C Lightning x 1


No Allied losses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 18th/B Division, at 52,81


Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1


No Allied losses


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Johore Bahru

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 31865 troops, 381 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2329

Defending force 5992 troops, 38 guns, 97 vehicles, Assault Value = 133


Japanese ground losses:
504 casualties reported
Guns lost 4
Vehicles lost 24

User avatar
frank1970
Posts: 941
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Bayern

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by frank1970 »

If you want him to think that Malaya Formosa is the way to defend, you should do excessive recon. Are you able to bomb the airfields/ports on Formosa? Just do a little bombing but dont forget to keep Singers closed. There might be many planes waiting for their destruction on the ground.
If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: SEAC is back in the fight !!!!

Post by Andy Mac »

I will a little later Frank but I think PZB knows me now so if I do it this early he will know it is a feint.
 
I will need to actually commit some resources to a north borneo campaign in order to convince him of my intentions and THEN bomb Formosa....
 
It will take carefull balancing of resources to keep the bluff up and convince him of my intentions to go the northern route all the while preparing a sucker punch deep in my territory.
 
Andy
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”