Fabertong vs Speedy: The view from the Pole

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

Feb 17th 1944.......

A blissfully quiet day...........

One nice bombardment..........

Lost an AP to a sub...........

Image
Attachments
apple1.jpg
apple1.jpg (115.9 KiB) Viewed 236 times
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

As I continue to plan for Speedy's upcoming CENPAC offensive........a look at my forces......

Image
Attachments
apple2.jpg
apple2.jpg (134.43 KiB) Viewed 236 times
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

Feb 18th 1944.............

Bankok was today attacked by a mass enemy bombing raid.......I knew it was coming...but still got caught with many aircraft parked wing-tip to wing-tip on the runway..........will pull out what is left of the Zeke and Sally and Tony sqdrns that were training there.........that is the end of Bankok as a working airfield..........where next for Speedy's bombers.....?

I'm moving three IJA BFs out of Mandalay and back to the HIs via Saigon.........they will have to rebuild there......I will also look to remove any Av. support units......from closed airfields back to the HIs as my empire shrinks.......

If Speedy leaves to Solomans alone for 6-8 more weeks....there won't be a penguin left on them....as my evac. gathers pace..........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

Feb 19th 1944..........

Balance returns to the universe today..........

Speedy....perhaps over confident...lost 2 Brit carriers.....

Today....trying to hit Speedy's transports north of Timor........I got a bit too close to Koepang..........with the Kaga group.......


Not a single torp. hit..........but bomb after bomb after bomb after bomb after bomb......etc.....etc. ad inf......


Ryuho sunk.........

Hosho sinking.......

Hiyo crippled.......too slow to get away....need miracle........

Kaga wounded....will need four months in the yard.....

Then as I sat there...... head in flippers......One of my few TKs was hit by two sub torps.........will sink......

and an AS withdrawing from Kendari.......also two torps........

Now......I need to find a scapegoat......I'm off to draw up a list of names.......
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Ouch.........

Post by BrucePowers »

I hope my name is not on that list[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Ouch.........

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Everybody's name's on that list...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Everybody's name's on that list...
Hey....no peeking.........mind you....it is a looooong list.........


Feb, something 1944........


Forgive me father for it has been 3-4 turns since my last post..........


Hosho is sunk......so small ....so cute......and of very little value....but I will miss her.........reminds me of....oh, never mind....


Hiei was hit by a torp....and badly wounded should be OK ...but sub waters to negotiate.......

In fact Speedy's subs have been on a rampage.....and many AKs...and APs have been hit as of late.....and sadly another TK sunk.......

Lots of movement in China....at first I thought this could be the start of a southern China offensive...but the troops have moved away.......Burma?.....

Ooops back to work....I can hear the whip cracking.......
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

March 1st 1944.......

Another bumper day for Speedy's subs as he sank a ML also hit AK/AP/TK....the tanker, though empty, really hurts as I am down to about 20 mixed TKs and AOs..........not good..........

Hiyo and Kaga are at Batavia.......Hiyo 57 sys/14flt......Kaga 26 sys.........when I get the float damage off Hiyo I'll have to try and sneak them home......Kaga will be out until June.......Hiyo more like September.........

In China Speedy is on the move......at first I thought he was shifting troops to start a Chinese offensive......but these troops disappeared.....and I suspect they are headed to Burma.........if so it will take them 2 months to reach....but when they arrive they will tip the balance......also I suspect....with the loss of his carriers....he will empty India of any last remaining combat troops...under land based air cover and strenthen Moul............

Penguin Intel. units are now working on the next defensive line for Burma.......that would have been behind the rivers at Moul. and Rahaeng(sp).......but this is no longer an option.........so it may have to be Tavoy....but this is too easily bombarded..........pull back to Bankok.....and you give up Malaya........hmmmmm.....I'll let you know......

An enemy transport column has been spotted 8 hexes away from PM.......at first I thought he had spotted my abandonment of this theatre...and was looking to capture PM....but if spotting planes are correct....they are destined for North. Oz........I've sent 2x Betty 2s.....and some of those other LRBs....you know the ones you get at the end of '43....whose name escapes me at this moment.......He will probably be flying Lightnings as LRCAP....and I'll lose the lot.....but it is my way of saying stay off my patch........at least until I've removed all my units from PNG.........

I have been considering sending AAG 2 on a raiding mission in the Indian ocean........that would mean not contesting Speedy's next CENPAC Invasion with the fleet.........but I may talk some sense into myself by the next turn..........or not..........
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Ouch.........

Post by BrucePowers »

Oh, go ahead and go for it. Sense is over rated anyway[:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

2nd March 1944.....

Speedy is interested in PM and environs and looks to be going for Gili Gili.........my Bettys hit his troop convoys(one headed north to the DEI)......achieveing 2 torp hits and two bomb hits......on seperate AK/APs........but very little damage......

Also another TF of his sailed within 3 hexes on Lunga on It's way north.....so It's fair to guess he knows I've pulled out.........but I have flown in another Betty 2 sqdrn to Lunga.......to see if I can hurt him on the way by.....

If he takes GG.....PMs troops will be effectively trapped ....bar.....airlift.......I'm also moving some of the Waif and Strays in combat terms into Rabaul.......to put up a little spoiling effort there........

Bruce...the Indian O. raid is off and I'm moving AAG 2 to PNG area..........to see if he gets overconfident in this area....
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Ouch.........

Post by rtrapasso »

Everyone - make sure you seen the UNEDITED version of the movie opening today (in the USA)...

Image
Attachments
HappyFeet1.jpg
HappyFeet1.jpg (56.26 KiB) Viewed 236 times
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Everyone - make sure you seen the UNEDITED version of the movie opening today (in the USA)...

Image
[:D][:D][:D]

One of my late war wonder weapons revealed........he is in fact over 100 feet tall.........be afraid........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

3-8th March 1944....

Speedy's nosing around the PNG/SOLS area ........has cost him a few AKs and a TK over the last few turns.....not much...but hopefully enough to keep him away.....or at least re-route his convoys........

Kendari is now closed to my air units....as Speedy smashed it up with a combined effort from 3 airfields around Timor......Maccasar I fear will follow.......

SAG 4(Hyuga,Ise) has left HK for Java...to try and interdict Speedy's movements up the chain of Islands to Java....

Lost another 2 TKs and at least 4 AKs to subs in the last 4 turns.........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

9th March 1944.......

Apart from endless bombing raid by Speedy across the map......and Rangoon being bombarded by 6 RN BBs.......a quiet turn..........and time fo contemplation.........

Einwetok has been neutralised by LRB every turn for the last 20 or so..........and I feel that this may be off Speedy's Invasion list........it is of no use to me.......so it will be little use to him...and would cost a fair amount to Invade......so I now feel his next Move in the CENPAC.....will be direct for the Marianas........or maybe Marcus.......but I will not withdraw from Ein. just yet.......

I am going to reduce the number of troops on Ponape.......

Some of his Chinese troops are arriving in Burma...........but this is only the scouting units........I'll have 30-60 days before they should cause real trouble.........

I'm returning some IJN BF units to the HI for refit.....and they will probably be there for the duration....as I gather more Aviation support back home........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

The big boys

Image
Attachments
bbbbs.jpg
bbbbs.jpg (181.31 KiB) Viewed 236 times
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Ouch.........

Post by rtrapasso »

BTW folks, in case you were wondering how penguins did some of their training, i think they borrowed their Kiwi cousin's technique...

http://www.funlol.com/funpages/kiwi.html
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

Robert...you must stop releasing such sensitive information.......[:D][:D]

March 10th 1944.....

Speedy pushes on up the Island chain toward Bali.....he hit a mine or twoon the way in at Reba(?)........my Betty's at Soer. didn't fly because they were resting after a mixed(in success terms) air raid on Maumare......I hit 1 AK and lost about 12 planes.......
He also hit one of my old mines at Maumare.........

Rangoon is bombarded every turn..........let's hope he runs out of shells as his 6xBBs must be using a lot of ammo...........

My Betty's hit another AK off PNG.....she should sink......soon I suspect he will tire of these little pests at PM....and send in the Forts....to sort them out.........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

Also.......

SAG - 4 is two days out from the landings.....and is one the way in...........

AAG 1 is returning to the HIs for the reorganisation of the fleet........

Kaga and Hiyo are 2 days from HK ....where preliminary repairs will take place.......

User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

March 11 1944.............

Speedy took Reba(sp) today......I had no troops there, so no surprise...........

I lost 31 mixed Judy/Kate/Zeke on attacks on his invasion forces........all to Mr. Lightning(no losses on his part).....

SAG 4 is 1 day out ...but has been spotted....so I suspect Speedy will be gone by the time I get there.......

I managed to catch and sink one of his subs...near Iwo Jima today......but lost an AP off Truk.........

He Del. Attacked Pagan....knocking 2 fort levels off ...now down to 7.....have sent 2 Mixed Brig. to reinforce.........more Chinese troops are arriving....this theatre is getting hot.........
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: Ouch.........

Post by fabertong »

March 12th 1944............

SAG 4 was attacked by around 20 Helldivers today......a couple of hits were scored....but as they were operating at Max. range.....the bombs did little damage...(1 AA gun lost on Hyuga)......but SAG 4 will return to Java.....as Speedy's ships have moved away....

20+ mixed Btty 1 and 2s....hit his retreating ships.....and AK was badly damaged....I lost 10 aircraft........

An AP and an AK were hit by subs this turn.........will lose both.......

He attacked Pagan again today ....but the 35th Div. had arrived....so he was thrown back with 1,700 losses to my 170.........

Sho and Zui have had there early '44 upgrades.....and await the fleet re-org.........
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”