Printable Screenshots?

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Post Reply
moonfog
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Switzerland

Printable Screenshots?

Post by moonfog »

Perhaps a stupid question, but how can I take a screenshot of the wir map and later open it in photoshop or word to print in out?:confused:

Thanks in advance
Ray
Hans-Brink
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:45 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Hans-Brink »

Hi moonfog

There may be another way, but this is how I usually do

Start the application from which you want a screenshot; I guess this will be WIR.
When the screen you want appears, type ALT-PRINTSCREEN

Open a new empty document in Photoshop, and paste the clipboard as a new image.

This works for me, though I am using Paint Shop I guess it’s the same procedure.

Greets
Hans
User avatar
boba
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Re: Printable Screenshots?

Post by boba »

Originally posted by moonfog
Perhaps a stupid question, but how can I take a screenshot of the wir map and later open it in photoshop or word to print in out?

Just press Pint Screen button on your keyboard (PrtSc), goto Photoshop and paste it. You'll have desired screenshot.
Image
davewolf
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:00 am
Location: On world conquest.
Contact:

Re: Printable Screenshots?

Post by davewolf »

Originally posted by moonfog
Perhaps a stupid question, but how can I take a screenshot of the wir map and later open it in photoshop or word to print in out?:confused:
Ray

No stupid question at all. The usual hotkey to make a screenshot is the Print Screen key, as menioned by Boba. It usually works with all Windows application. But talking about a DOS box program (like WIR) it doesn't always work on every system/configuration. What always should work is the Alt-Print Screen hotkey, as Hans mentioned. So you have to check these options and see which one works on your machine.
What you can also use are snapshot programs like Snagit. (Don't try Hypersnap, it doesn't always work with DOS boxes.) There you could modify the copied region, the file format and you can do more than one screenshot without switching windows. Unfortunately these programs aren't freeware. (I don't know a freeware screenshot application. Maybe someone else does.) So using the normal Windows functions is certainly cheaper.

Dave
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Lord Acton
moonfog
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Switzerland

Thanks

Post by moonfog »

Hi guys,

thanks for the answers. It worked fine both with only Prt Sc and Alt+PS. Now I can finally start a frontline-pix-archive and upgrade my campaign-diaries with some visual goodies:)

Thanks
Ray
davewolf
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:00 am
Location: On world conquest.
Contact:

Re: Thanks

Post by davewolf »

Originally posted by moonfog
Hi guys,
thanks for the answers. It worked fine both with only Prt Sc and Alt+PS. Now I can finally start a frontline-pix-archive and upgrade my campaign-diaries with some visual goodies:)
Ray

Do you like to put the screenshots at a website? If so and if you haven't got your own home page you can mail me some screenshots and I'll add them to my site. There should be more monumental battles posted. :)

Dave
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Lord Acton
moonfog
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by moonfog »

Originally posted by davewolf


Ray

Do you like to put the screenshots at a website? If so and if you haven't got your own home page you can mail me some screenshots and I'll add them to my site. There should be more monumental battles posted. :)

Dave
Dave,

I'll ask my opponent whether posting our struggle on your website would be ok for him...

Ray
Post Reply

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”