The Thread

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I grew up in Nortthen New York, about 60 miles from Ottawa, Canada. It could get really cold up there.
Ah, then you certainly are familar with snow.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: The Thread

Post by BrucePowers »

Very
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: The Thread

Post by BrucePowers »

It has gone very very quiet.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: The Thread

Post by scott64 »

Hey I have more snow than you. [:D]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: The Thread

Post by niceguy2005 »

ORIGINAL: scott1964

Hey I have more snow than you. [:D]
Let's see a picture. [;)]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: The Thread

Post by scott64 »

[:'(] I have a catapillar loader out front of my house. [:D]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
fabertong
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Bristol, England, U.K.

RE: The Thread

Post by fabertong »

2nd day of New Year...........hmmmm....resolutions still intact.......but for how much longer...
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: The Thread

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Tithe...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Sage LOG!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli


I agree with Nik here. I usually spend some 80-100 hours preparing turn 1, but I'm more the Mogami type.

Did I just say that??!! [X(]

We would not expect anything less from a logistics type like yourself. I am glad that our real troops have someone with so much attention to detail looking out for them. [&o]

Go ahead and say it - I'm anal. It's true and I admit it. [:D]

I thought admitting it was the first step in the cure......
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Here's some great music:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2295360340367941531

[:D]


Ah, the spinning leek song with a new video... (the spinning leek being seen but briefly)
[:D] [:D]

Spinning leek? [&:]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Well, who is going to tell what they did last night? You already know my story[:D]


Mostly still attempting to backup the ailing computer...

Last night I had an hour to kill [X(] (first time since before Christmas). Both of my opponents have been MIA for awhile [:(] so I fired up a game I got from my brother-in-law called Dawn of War (Warhammer 40k computer game). Pretty close to the miniatures game actually. Not bad but I'm dying for a turn.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Had tie retied, had a lovely dinner, went to party, had much fun, cheered and toasted the new year's arrival, in bed around 2AM, asleep around 3AM[8D]...

Yeah, bad case of "insomnia" i gues... [8|] [:D] [:'(]

Oh, THAT night. T, I'm glad you had fun. I was in bed by 10 pm because I had to be up by 430 to come to this joint (work) to patiently wait for the phone to ring.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Okay, what's everybody up to tonight?

Ok, now reread two posts up. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

Last one. Our overly small living room, evil side kick lounging by the tree while the blizzard blows away outside.

Image
Who needs a living room when you have a computer loaded with WitP (unless, of course, the computer is in the living room)? [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread

Post by Mike Solli »

Faber, looks like you and I are the only two that aren't in la la land right now.  What's your resolution?
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread

Post by Mike Solli »

I just heard that President Ford's casket weighs 800 lbs.! [X(]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: The Thread

Post by DuckofTindalos »

It's a good thing Bob Dole was only an honourary pall-bearer...[:D][:D][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: The Thread

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

I just heard that President Ford's casket weighs 800 lbs.! [X(]

Would you expect our government to streamline anything? [:D]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: The Thread

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Wonder what it's made of? Lead?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16743
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread

Post by Mike Solli »

Ya got me.  No one on Fox News has questioned it.  They just report it.  *Shrug*
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”