The Thread

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Hi, VSWG - not sure i've seen you on here since the night of my (hopefully temporary) insanity... [:D]

Which night would that be, Robert. I could name several..... [;)]


The night of my "super-double-faber" - (xmas eve - i posted 105 messages without interruption... [X(] [8|])

You mean 105 messages without someone interrupting you? I must have missed that. I wasn't on (obviously). I have to watch It's a Wonderful Life with the wife while wrapping presents. Annual ritual.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: LOG!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Morning Guys.

Robert, what language (if any) is that?


Actually, it is a Finnish folk song (sung by a Finnish band) - but these particular lyrics are gibberish and mean nothing.

And no, it NEVER ends (Flash cartoon in an endless loop) ... [:D] [:'(]

If you go back and look at your other song - you will see the spinning leek girl "projected" on the wall (briefly)

Yup. I just watched it again and there she was. That one's just as weird.

Yeah, but it will normally END - leek girl keeps on spinning, (and proud Mary keeps on turning...)
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli




Which night would that be, Robert. I could name several..... [;)]


The night of my "super-double-faber" - (xmas eve - i posted 105 messages without interruption... [X(] [8|])

You mean 105 messages without someone interrupting you? I must have missed that. I wasn't on (obviously). I have to watch It's a Wonderful Life with the wife while wrapping presents. Annual ritual.


Yes - in it i relate (among other things) how they make flutes... [:'(]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: LOG!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
(and proud Mary keeps on turning...)

[&:]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

You mean 105 messages without someone interrupting you?


i started at near the beginning of a page, and did two full pages and was well on my way to a third full page when VSWG stumbled on my mad efforts...
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: LOG!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
(and proud Mary keeps on turning...)

[&:]

Sorry - Creedence Clearwater revival song/lyric... (more insanity, i know)
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso


Sorry - Creedence Clearwater revival song/lyric... (more insanity, i know)

Kids......they don't know their former/dead musicians. thats ok......I made a comment about James Brown's funeral the other night and my GF unit replied..."Who's James Brown?"


User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: LOG!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso


Sorry - Creedence Clearwater revival song/lyric... (more insanity, i know)

Kids......they don't know their former/dead musicians. thats ok......I made a comment about James Brown's funeral the other night and my GF unit replied..."Who's James Brown?"



[X(] [X(]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
You mean 105 messages without someone interrupting you?


i started at near the beginning of a page, and did two full pages and was well on my way to a third full page when VSWG stumbled on my mad efforts...

Found it. Post 32074 on page 1070.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: LOG!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
(and proud Mary keeps on turning...)

[&:]

Sorry - Creedence Clearwater revival song/lyric... (more insanity, i know)

Yeah, I got that much. I just couldn't figure out how it fit in. You smoking something funny, or maybe there's some fumes in your lab?
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: LOG!

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I miss my tape player though.....[:(] [:D]

Give it a week. The puppy will use it as a chew toy and you can go back to using the Walkman. [;)]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: LOG!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli




[&:]

Sorry - Creedence Clearwater revival song/lyric... (more insanity, i know)

Yeah, I got that much. I just couldn't figure out how it fit in. You smoking something funny, or maybe there's some fumes in your lab?

[:D] [:D]

i think it is the constant repetition of the "The Leek Song" driving me over the edge...[:'(]
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: LOG!

Post by niceguy2005 »

*back to work tithe [:)][:(]
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
niceguy2005
Posts: 12522
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Super secret hidden base

RE: LOG!

Post by niceguy2005 »

A moment of silence, at least for us Yanks, to remember an honorable President.
Image
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Thread!

Post by Mynok »

Back to work tithe...... [:@]

New Year's Resolution: Decide what I really want to do for the rest of my life. [X(] [8|] [:D]

EDIT: Resolution #2: Burn more wood. [:@]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Oh my god...

This is the post that ended Robert's successful attempt at making history. This attempt occurred on 24 Dec 2006 starting at 6:26:21 and ended at 7:56:30 with a total of 105 posts over a period of 1 hour, 30 minutes, 9 seconds. This resulted in an average of 1.1647254575707154742096505823627 posts per minute.

Yes, Robert, you are certifiable. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I miss my tape player though.....[:(] [:D]

Give it a week. The puppy will use it as a chew toy and you can go back to using the Walkman. [;)]

NOOO!!!!!!

The Precious is safely tucked away......along with my impressive tape collection. [:D]
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

Yes, Robert, you are certifiable.


Ah, shucks... [:o]
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

The Thread!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso


Sorry - Creedence Clearwater revival song/lyric... (more insanity, i know)

Kids......they don't know their former/dead musicians. thats ok......I made a comment about James Brown's funeral the other night and my GF unit replied..."Who's James Brown?"



So very sad... But not limited to the young; I mentioned his passing to my mom, and she didn't know who he was!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

Well, I'm going to see how long I can listen to this song.  I've started it and have a timer going.  00:02:01 so far. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”