Close to pulling trigger..need final push.

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Scunkled...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
undercovergeek
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: UK

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by undercovergeek »

god theyre off again!!!
 
im only new and did indeed try to make sense of the 'thread' and gave up, you and the peng nutters at BFC.....
 
there isnt enough tablets for ya!
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

god theyre off again!!!

im only new and did indeed try to make sense of the 'thread' and gave up, you and the peng nutters at BFC.....

there isnt enough tablets for ya!

I've been here a few months and I haven't fully grokked it either. My best understanding is that The Thread got going in an attempt to see how long a thread could be created, then it kind of took on a life of its own.

Bill
WIS Development Team
undercovergeek
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: UK

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by undercovergeek »

a dubious, unpleasantly pulsating life of its own
User avatar
Crimguy
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:42 pm
Location: Cave Creek, AZ

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by Crimguy »

I'm uncomfortable with your use of pulsating.

Throbbing, perhaps, instead?
________________________
www.azcrimes.com
<sig removed because I'm a bandwidth hog>
undercovergeek
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: UK

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by undercovergeek »

throbbings good
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: wdolson
ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

god theyre off again!!!

im only new and did indeed try to make sense of the 'thread' and gave up, you and the peng nutters at BFC.....

there isnt enough tablets for ya!

I've been here a few months and I haven't fully grokked it either. My best understanding is that The Thread got going in an attempt to see how long a thread could be created, then it kind of took on a life of its own.

Bill

"Grokked it"? I think you need tablets...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: wdolson
I've been here a few months and I haven't fully grokked it either. My best understanding is that The Thread got going in an attempt to see how long a thread could be created, then it kind of took on a life of its own.

Bill
ORIGINAL: Terminus
"Grokked it"? I think you need tablets...

I guess you haven't read Heinlein.

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Nothing beyond Starship Troopers, no... Didn't like it much...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Nothing beyond Starship Troopers, no... Didn't like it much...

Starship Troopers was one of his books for young teenage boys written in the mid-50s. Grok comes from Stranger in a Strange Land, which is quite different. For one thing, a movie made straight from the book would probably have an NC-17 rating in the US (reserved for movies with a lot of nudity and very adult topics).

Stranger is probably the best written book he ever did. One of the most famous too.

Grok is just one of those words the English language should have, but doesn't. It means to fully and totally understand something. The way it's described in the book is somewhat more poetic, but it's been at least 10 years since I read it. Probably closer to 20 at this point.

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Hmmm... Maybe I'll look at it...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
tsimmonds
Posts: 5490
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: astride Mason and Dixon's Line

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by tsimmonds »

ORIGINAL: wdolson
ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

god theyre off again!!!

im only new and did indeed try to make sense of the 'thread' and gave up, you and the peng nutters at BFC.....

there isnt enough tablets for ya!

I've been here a few months and I haven't fully grokked it either. My best understanding is that The Thread got going in an attempt to see how long a thread could be created, then it kind of took on a life of its own.

Bill

The one good thing about The Thread is this: think of all the Spam in the world. Now think of all the Spam in the world sitting tidily in its can. Now think of all the Spam in the world, sitting all smelly, gooey, and messy on your desktop. The Thread is the can.

[;)][:'(]
Fear the kitten!
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Evolution made easy

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Which is why it hasn't been removed yet...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”