The Thread
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
Thread!
Nuclear grenades....that's the ticket. [:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: Thread!
<TOSS>
Beam me up, Scotty! NOW would be a good time......Helloooooo?
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16757
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
ORIGINAL: Big B
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Check it out:
http://www.south-pacific-island-for-sale.com/
Don't forget to go to the next page.....
So THAT'S why the Japs wanted to invade!
![]()
They forgot to mention that the malaria was free too.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Then there's another little detail they talk about:
[font=helvetica]Other points of note: There's a difference between owning an island and having sovereignty. Sovereignty is a mixed blessing, as various things have to be budgeted for, such as defence for example! In the case of not having sovereignty, it's a matter of making sure the laws of the country which has the sovereignty aren't too bad. For example, the tax haven status. However I have heard that there exist islands which can be got, including the sovereignty, but the defence issue is covered by a neighbouring state provided they have use of the air-space over the island's territory[/font]
How about I take sovereignty also, and then apply for a mutual defence pact with the US? I want 4 JSF, I'll take those Kidd's off your hand, and the Imperial guard would look good in some M-1's. [:'(]
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
Defense against what? [&:] Land sharks?
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
Plus, you can't really own the land. It's just a "permanent lease".
I know I'm strange, but the tropics just don't appeal to me. I like cool weather.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
Best to lease when it will be 5' below sea level when your lease runs out. [:D]
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
ORIGINAL: Mynok
Defense against what? [&:] Land sharks?
commies.....ther're everywhere!
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
Don't you mean frigid weather? [:'(]ORIGINAL: Mynok
Plus, you can't really own the land. It's just a "permanent lease".
I know I'm strange, but the tropics just don't appeal to me. I like cool weather.
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16757
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
ORIGINAL: Mynok
Defense against what? [&:] Land sharks?
Maybe they expect Japan to attempt another invasion.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
ORIGINAL: Big B
Is that a level 1 airfield? In that case I'm not interested, I want to fly offensive missions from my island.

RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
it looks like a (1)1 island to me.
which means of course you can overbuild it to level 4 and stack two hundred planes on it.
oh wait.....thats 1942.
today i'd say that equates to two squadrons of retired F-14's. [:D]
which means of course you can overbuild it to level 4 and stack two hundred planes on it.
oh wait.....thats 1942.
today i'd say that equates to two squadrons of retired F-14's. [:D]
Well....no
More like a baby Cessna and a couple ultralights. I'll bet you have to tote your own excrement off the island for environmental reasons.
Oh...one man's frigid is another's cool. [;)]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: Well....no
Big Red One was watched today, now watching the Battle of The Atlantic on the Military Channel. [:)]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
I good friend of mine was a nurse, she quit nursing to work for a medical software company and now has a fantastic marketing job...big $. Her husband quit his job in finance, went back to school, is planning on being a nurse for 3 years before quitting to go work for a similar company. People with nursing experience are in big demand right now for all kinds of jobs. WHen I was getting my MBA I tried getting a job with my friends firm, but they wouldn't even talk to me because I didn't have a few years "clinical experience."ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: Mynok
Time to switch to becoming an RN. [:D]
You arn't the first to suggest it. Its the only medical field in high demand right now locally....but i don't think i'd like it. They don't have high turnover for nothing.
sometimes i think about it though.......at least you can stick needles into people.......hoo!

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
Which is why u live in NC? [&:]ORIGINAL: Mynok
Plus, you can't really own the land. It's just a "permanent lease".
I know I'm strange, but the tropics just don't appeal to me. I like cool weather.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
- niceguy2005
- Posts: 12522
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 pm
- Location: Super secret hidden base
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
There's only one plane you'll need for an island like that.ORIGINAL: Nikademus
it looks like a (1)1 island to me.
which means of course you can overbuild it to level 4 and stack two hundred planes on it.
oh wait.....thats 1942.
today i'd say that equates to two squadrons of retired F-14's. [:D]

- Attachments
-
- harrier.jpg (78.32 KiB) Viewed 189 times

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
I good friend of mine was a nurse, she quit nursing to work for a medical software company and now has a fantastic marketing job...big $. Her husband quit his job in finance, went back to school, is planning on being a nurse for 3 years before quitting to go work for a similar company. People with nursing experience are in big demand right now for all kinds of jobs. WHen I was getting my MBA I tried getting a job with my friends firm, but they wouldn't even talk to me because I didn't have a few years "clinical experience."
Hmm......maybe if i had Terminus to practice on to stick needles into, i'd be able to get into the program....
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
Another long day at work tithe
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: This will hurt u more than it will me
Sorry to here about the school problems Nik.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester







