Help needed.

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Post Reply
CC
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:38 pm

Help needed.

Post by CC »

Where can I find a list of all the scenarios that come with this game out of the box?

I'm just wondering because I'm strongly considering buying this game and when I look at all the scenarios that people post for you to download at the-strategist.net, they are all for a version other than 1.0.

This concerns me because I'm EXTREMELEY parinoid about downloading patches/new versions ever seince i tried to install Version 2.0 for my Hearts of Iron 2 game and it messed up the game and It wouldn't even let me uninstall the thing.[:@]

Or can those scenarios work for 1.0 aswell?[&:]

Also: Can it be played hotseat?

Thanks for anything in advance.
User avatar
ralphtricky
Posts: 6675
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:05 am
Location: Colorado Springs
Contact:

RE: Help needed.

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: CC

Where can I find a list of all the scenarios that come with this game out of the box?

I'm just wondering because I'm strongly considering buying this game and when I look at all the scenarios that people post for you to download at the-strategist.net, they are all for a version other than 1.0.

This concerns me because I'm EXTREMELEY parinoid about downloading patches/new versions ever seince i tried to install Version 2.0 for my Hearts of Iron 2 game and it messed up the game and It wouldn't even let me uninstall the thing.[:@]

Or can those scenarios work for 1.0 aswell?[&:]

Also: Can it be played hotseat?

Thanks for anything in advance.
TOAW III is the latest game, it should play all TOAW I, II, COW and WOTY scenarios, although some may need to be converted first. There are a lot of people that can help do that.

I would highly recommend patching to the latest version. There should be a new one coming out shortly that will add several new features. I'll make sure that you will be able to patch it to the latest version.

It offers play against the PO, PBEM and Hotseat.

There are some links here TOAW Reviewsto reviews that should give you an overview of the game.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Help needed.

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: CC
Where can I find a list of all the scenarios that come with this game out of the box?

I'm sure there is a list somewhere but I can't think of where the list right off the top of my head. I'm posting a picture of the scenario directory that comes with the game and I've listed all the scenarios that are in the TOAW Classic directory. All the directories have more than one scenario in them and they're all, as far as I'm concerned, well worth playing.
ORIGINAL: CC
Or can those scenarios work for 1.0 aswell?

Um.....the current version of TOAW is 3.0.17 ( I think ) and all the scenarios that come with the game are playable with this version, but it's a snap to convert a scenario to TOAW 3....just load it in the editor and save the scenario....saving it converts it to TOAW 3's version. You might want to use a different filename to avoid confusion.
ORIGINAL: CC
Also: Can it be played hotseat?

All of the scenarios I played for the first two years were hotseat. I've discovered PBEM only recently ( about a year ago ) and PBEM is mostly what I play now-a-days since it's more funner than hotseat.


Image
Attachments
toaw3scenarios.gif
toaw3scenarios.gif (70.68 KiB) Viewed 229 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
Graymane
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Bellevue, NE

RE: Help needed.

Post by Graymane »

A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
User avatar
JMass
Posts: 2363
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:45 pm
Location: Italy

RE: Help needed.

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick


TOAW III is the latest game, it should play all TOAW I, II, COW and WOTY scenarios, although some may need to be converted first. There are a lot of people that can help do that.


I have converted scenarios below, I have slightly modified briefings and scenario's names to give them a similar look.

Conversions from ACOW
1939 Blitzkrieg - First Blood
1939 Northern Mazovia
1939 series - Bzura 1
1939 series - Bzura 2
1939 series - Kock
1939 series - Piotrkow
1939 series - Pomorze (Corridor)
1939 series - Tomaszow Lubelski
1939 Stemming the Blitz
1940 Battle of Abbeville
2nd Battle of Kharkov
AG_North 1941
Agonia y Victoria 1938-39
Ardennes 44
Ardennes Hitler's Last Gamble
Balkans 1941
Barbarossa 41_jm
Battle for France 1940 (PBEM free dep)
Battle for France 1940 (PBEM hist)
Battle for France 1940 (PO free dep)
Battle for France 1940 (PO hist)
Battle for Moscow 1941
Battle of Abbeville 1940
Battle of the Schelde 44
Belgrade Operation 1944
Berezina 1920
Bizkaya 1937
Bluecoat 44
Braunschweig 1942-43
Carretera de La Coruña 37
Cierre Bolsa de Merida 38
Chihchiang Campaign China 1945
China 1937-38
Cuito Cuanavale 1987
Decision in the North 1941
Drang Nach Osten
Ethiopia 1935
Five Weeks in '44
Goetterdammerung 1945
Gotterdammerung in Osten
House of Cards 45
Hube's Pockets
Hungary 45
Italian Invasion of Abyssinia 1935
Italian Invasion of Greece 1940
Kharkov 43 Gallop no more
Kharkov 43
Kiev 41
La Guerra Civil Española 1936-39
Lorraine 1944
Malvinas 1982
Maskirovka 1943
Mehran 1985
Naples 43
Operation Barbarossa 41
Operation Barbarossa Tactical
Operation Compass 1940
Operation Husky PBEM
Panzergruppe Guderian
Poland 1.31
Poland 1939 (TE)
Poland's Defence War 1939
Prokhorovka
Rethel 40
Rhine 1944
Russo-Turkish War 1877
Silesia 45
Stalingrad 42
Storming Heaven 1942-43
The Great War - Central Powers AI
The Great War - Entente Powers AI
The Great War - PBEM version
The Race to the Sea 1914
Tunisia 42-43 ModB
Vosges '44
War in Europe
Warsaw 1920
World War 2 in Europe 1939-41
World War II in Europe 1941
World War II in Europe
Yugoslav Trilogy P1 - 1941

Conversions from TOAW Volume I (however I have not modified the quantities of
trasports in the units OOBs):
Aachen 44
Armee Gruppe Sud
Bagration 44
Balkans 1944
Caucasus 42-43
East Prussia 45
Fall Gelb
Foret de Parroy 44
Gazala
Hell's Highway
Inchon
Kaiserschlacht 1918
Kasserine 43 at 2.5km
Manstein's Last Victory (PBEM)
Manstein's Last Victory (PO)
Odessa 41
Operation Konrad
Operation Torch 42
UK Normandy
US Normandy
Velikiye Luki
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
User avatar
Curtis Lemay
Posts: 15436
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX

RE: Help needed.

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Graymane

From the FAQ link: tm.asp?m=1148623&mpage=1&key=?
See post #24 in the above.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Post Reply

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”