From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: USS Tambor
Yeah, last game he had a plot line going for the "teleport bug"... [:D]
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: USS Tambor
I dunno. I would like to hear more about the Xena convention[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
RE: USS Tambor
ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
I dunno. I would like to hear more about the Xena convention[:D]
Are people who DON'T like Xena called Xenaphobes?? [:D] [:'(]
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: USS Tambor
A tidbit: the technical term for a Xena fan is Xenite.
I should know, since I used to be one, back when I was young and foolish, rather than old and grumpy...
I should know, since I used to be one, back when I was young and foolish, rather than old and grumpy...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: USS Tambor
ORIGINAL: Terminus
A tidbit: the technical term for a Xena fan is Xenite.
I should know, since I used to be one, back when I was young and foolish, rather than old and grumpy...
Does this mean that you are grumpy again?? [:'(] (you were denying grumpiness for a while, there...)
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: USS Tambor
I'm slightly grumpier these days, for a variety of reasons...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: USS Tambor
Well - i hope you can get some sleep so you'll be less tired (as you mentioned the other day)... it's been nice having the "less grumpy Dane" around (even if it was scary at first...)
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: USS Tambor
ORIGINAL: Terminus
A tidbit: the technical term for a Xena fan is Xenite.
I should know, since I used to be one, back when I was young and foolish, rather than old and grumpy...
I sincerely hope you mean when your were 6 or 7 [:D]
The rest of Tambor's night. They were a busy lot, attacking 4 vessels with torpedoes. Oddly, or perhaps to maintain stealth, the skipper chose not to use his deck gun.
These were empty AP's returning from Pago

- Attachments
-
- untitled.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 1996 times

RE: USS Tambor
[X(] [X(] Wow! Who'd you have to bribe to get working Mark XIVs???
RE: USS Tambor
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
[X(] [X(] Wow! Who'd you have to bribe to get working Mark XIVs???
After a moment's reflection, the answer became obvious... [:D] [:'(]
RE: USS Tambor
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
[X(] [X(] Wow! Who'd you have to bribe to get working Mark XIVs???
After a moment's reflection, the answer became obvious... [:D] [:'(]
The gentleman in question probably offered a "premium service package" [:D]
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: USS Tambor
With a lot of illegible fine print in the contract...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
LadySmith
******************Georgetown, D.C., April 28, 1942*********************
Jean watched as Rosa played with her young son, then gently scolded him on his language. She was the family's most trusted servant when they had occupied the top floor of the Manila Hotel and she was the only one that could be brought out given the emergency. Only Rosa knew about her planned trip to Brisbane. It had to be that way. Rosa could be trusted. She hated to leave her son but she told herself this undertaking was for his benefit. She was off to buy the PanAm Clipper tickets. She fitted some some dark sunglasses in place and tied her hair back. Before closing the door to the townhome she checked one last time to make sure the LadySmith .38 was where she had put it.......
Jean watched as Rosa played with her young son, then gently scolded him on his language. She was the family's most trusted servant when they had occupied the top floor of the Manila Hotel and she was the only one that could be brought out given the emergency. Only Rosa knew about her planned trip to Brisbane. It had to be that way. Rosa could be trusted. She hated to leave her son but she told herself this undertaking was for his benefit. She was off to buy the PanAm Clipper tickets. She fitted some some dark sunglasses in place and tied her hair back. Before closing the door to the townhome she checked one last time to make sure the LadySmith .38 was where she had put it.......

RE: LadySmith
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
******************Georgetown, D.C., April 28, 1942*********************
Jean watched as Rosa played with her young son, then gently scolded him on his language. She was the family's most trusted servant when they had occupied the top floor of the Manila Hotel and she was the only one that could be brought out given the emergency. Only Rosa knew about her planned trip to Brisbane. It had to be that way. Rosa could be trusted. She hated to leave her son but she told herself this undertaking was for his benefit. She was off to buy the PanAm Clipper tickets. She fitted some some dark sunglasses in place and tied her hair back. Before closing the door to the townhome she checked one last time to make sure the LadySmith .38 was where she had put it.......
Uh oh.... [X(] Big trouble brewing...
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
PAA
Whew! Another tragic incident of domestic violence narrowly avoided.
Found on the window of the Pan American Airways office in Washington.

Found on the window of the Pan American Airways office in Washington.

- Attachments
-
- logo6u.jpg (44.43 KiB) Viewed 1996 times

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: M&MA
Doh!
Can there be any doubt that capitalism is the natural state of the economic intercourse (no snickering) of man?
Found on a small orange and grey kiosk next to the PAA office:

Can there be any doubt that capitalism is the natural state of the economic intercourse (no snickering) of man?
Found on a small orange and grey kiosk next to the PAA office:

- Attachments
-
- transbigm.jpg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 1996 times

- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Bay of Bengal...again
I am concerned he is up to something around Ceylon way. I think this is the Junyo force because one of the captured Kate pilot, who had the misfortune to parachute onto the sinking Cochin and was made to believe he was going to drown but this was preposterous as he was blown to smitherines by one of the three torpedoes that hit the ship, anyway, I digress, so he admited he belonged to a Kate Daitai assigned to the Home Defence Force. Clearly then, this isn't one of the three unaccounted for Jap fast fleet carriers which have not been seen for weeks. Also the presence of a large surface force is odd. Is he really so confident that the Junyo, one CVL and two CVE's can beat the RN carriers, or does he know they aren't in the area? Hmmm?
Possible explanations:
1) Junyo is bait and the the three CV's are holding back out of search range ready to pounce.
2) He knows the Brit CV's are not about
3) He is simply confident that the Junyo force sould give more than it gets (which I believe to be true given the Zeroes and elite Kates)
If 2 or 3 are true then he is:
a) Planning a raid on Colombo?
b) Hoping only to intercept shipping in the Arabian Sea?
c) This is the schwerpunkt of an invasion force for Indian or Ceylon?
This is a great game...btw....WIPT, I mean. Did I mention that?

Possible explanations:
1) Junyo is bait and the the three CV's are holding back out of search range ready to pounce.
2) He knows the Brit CV's are not about
3) He is simply confident that the Junyo force sould give more than it gets (which I believe to be true given the Zeroes and elite Kates)
If 2 or 3 are true then he is:
a) Planning a raid on Colombo?
b) Hoping only to intercept shipping in the Arabian Sea?
c) This is the schwerpunkt of an invasion force for Indian or Ceylon?
This is a great game...btw....WIPT, I mean. Did I mention that?

- Attachments
-
- bob.jpg (159.21 KiB) Viewed 1996 times

RE: Bay of Bengal...again
What happened to this game... [&:] [:(] [&:] [:(]
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: Bay of Bengal...again
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
What happened to this game... [&:] [:(] [&:] [:(]
The CINCPAC was away trying to hit a 98 mph fastball...we are officially back in the saddle again as of Monday....more to come...must go now...shelling getting real heavy now..over and out!




