Enemy aircraft missions

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Mockingbird2
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Enemy aircraft missions

Post by Mockingbird2 »

The enemy (AI) aircraft missions allow me to see the locations of it's troops. Can someone clue me in why this is allowed?

I don't recall this being the case in earlier versions, but since aircraft missions are so few and far between in the game, maybe I just never noticed.

Thanks,
User avatar
tracer
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:00 am
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL USA
Contact:

Post by tracer »

Yes, this 'phenomenon' has been around a while.
Jim NSB ImageImage
User avatar
Drex
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Chico,california

Air missions

Post by Drex »

i try to keep the air attacks on the enemy's side when I can remember to do it.
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
Capt. Pixel
Posts: 1178
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Tucson, AZ

Post by Capt. Pixel »

I particularly like it when MY air strikes reveal his entire minefield. :cool:
"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson
User avatar
Fallschirmjager
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Air spotting is a problem.
When I buzz over, I can see their entire force composition in one area.
Now matter how good you are a single pass at 300 mph is not going to reveal that much
User avatar
tracer
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:00 am
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL USA
Contact:

Post by tracer »

What Mockingbird is referring to is an old problem; when an enemy plane flies over the map you see the location of all of his units. They disappear again during your turn. I'm pretty sure the AI doesn't get the same info when one of your planes makes a run.
Jim NSB ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”