Hi guys - I agree I was pleasantly surprised by the result. I'll take it though[;)]
-------------------
Today was a day of mixed feelings.
Firstly at Singkawang. I don't understand it:
Ground combat at Singkawang
Allied Deliberate attack
Attacking force 40311 troops, 403 guns, 184 vehicles, Assault Value = 968
Defending force 14732 troops, 81 guns, 138 vehicles, Assault Value = 399
Allied max assault: 860 - adjusted assault: 287
Japanese max defense: 320 - adjusted defense: 761
Allied assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 3)
Japanese ground losses:
322 casualties reported
Guns lost 6
Vehicles lost 1
Allied ground losses:
1145 casualties reported
Guns lost 25
Vehicles lost 7
I'm fully in supply. Morale is in the 60's Fatigue in 30-50 range. The Japanese CAN'T be any better off.
Whatever, I am p*ssed at this. I am marching a further RCT and ARM Bn from Pontianak.
5th Australian Division, 13th Australian Bde and SW Pacific HQ will embark at Darwin for the region soon.
I will take the bloody place.
-------------------------
Now the good stuff.
Saipan's B29's bombed Kyoto. Interestingly when targetting MULTIPLE factories in one raid the CR lists these as HITS. Look below:
Day Air attack on Kyoto , at 63,41
Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 15
Allied aircraft
B-29 Superfortress x 175
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 7 destroyed, 1 damaged
Allied aircraft losses
B-29 Superfortress: 3 destroyed, 21 damaged
hits 34
In total I lost 14 x B29 to his 7 x Zeke. I will rest for a couple of days before attacking somewhere else. The attached screenshot shows the effects of the bombing.
-----------------
The other good news was in the submarine war:
SS Robalo sank AK Yodogawa Maru with 4 torpedoes over 2 attacks 120 miles SE of Shanghai.
SS Escolar sank AK Shinsoku Maru with 5 shells and a torpedo 120 miles NE of Iwo Jima.
SS Tang missed AK Kanto Maru 120 miles ENE of Taytay. In return she received 1 x DC near miss and 1 x DC hit - 8/24/0.
SS Spadefish sank TK Koryu Maru with 4 torpedoes over 2 attacks 60 miles east of Taytay.
Air sightings = 6
Air attacks = 0
---------------------
An LCI, LSD and a TK arrive in theatre tomorrow.




