Cheers, Neilster



Moderator: maddog986
















I was wondering the same...Check out the aircraft in picture #3 ... is that actually one of the attacking Japanese aircraft, or is it a later photo with a friendly plane?
Friendly plane I figure...look how everyone is along the rails of that sub...they wouldn't be just standing there if the attack was still in progress.ORIGINAL: willy
I think I may have seen a few of these pictures on another forum, but they're still extremely spectacular! Check out the aircraft in picture #3 ... is that actually one of the attacking Japanese aircraft, or is it a later photo with a friendly plane? [&:][8D]

This is an interesting picture. The dark object just to the right of center looks like a submarine rescue bell. Didn't know they had those back then.ORIGINAL: Neilster
Some more...
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Somebody looking to land?
That's right. As has been pointed out above.ORIGINAL: mlees
These pictures are not long lost photos of the attack. (It doesnt make them any less interesting.)
See them, and more, here:
http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/even ... arlhbr.htm