7.1 Updating problems

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
parusski
Posts: 4789
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Jackson Tn
Contact:

7.1 Updating problems

Post by parusski »

Did I miss a thread or what. I downloaded the official 7.1 patch. I put it in my SPWAW folder, unzipped, ran update. Now the Mech.exe will not work because of missing .dll file.
Was there another way this upadate should have been handled???
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

What .dll file? Perhaps SMACK32??

Run the install again and check to make sure the folder it installs to is "MatrixGames" and NOT Matrix Games. (You have to take that space out from between the words.) Your may still have the spurious Matrix Games folder on your computer, which is where the start-up shortcut would go, and it won't work, obviously. You can delete the phony folder, and the funky shortcut.
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
Mike Oshiki
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Williamsburg, VA

Post by Mike Oshiki »

I did the same thing when I installed the patch, and found another folder on my hard drive with all the patch files installed. Watch the space.
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

Here, too, please see the sticky above - the installer routine gets the name of the MatrixGames root folder wrong. When that happens, nothing gets installed in the correct dir.

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”